HOW TO:- Get the HUD working at PokerStars UK
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default HOW TO:- Get the HUD working at PokerStars UK

UK-based players are now forced to use the new UK client
    For PokerStars 7 Beta it is Build: 8926 [it is still possible to revert to PokerStars 6, but I don't use it so I can't say what build # that is]

HM2 detected the following paths without me having to click a button:-
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands [unchanged]
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\HandHis tory + subfolders
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\TournSu mmary + subfolders

On the PokerStars UK client the HH folder paths remain as before the change. Users MUST change these paths manually or their HUDs will not update correctly:-

[1] PokerStars Client > Settings > Playing History > Hand History > click the "Change Folder..." button & navigate to here > C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\HandHis tory\ > Click "Apply Changes" button

[2] PokerStars Client > Settings > Playing History > Hand History > click the "Change Folder..." button & navigate to here > C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\TournSu mmary\ > Click "Apply Changes" button

[3] Click "OK"

NOTES:-
    [1] IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE ABOVE FOLDERS THEN "UNHIDE" THEM:- http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+
    [2] There are some minor peculiarities with the UK client to do with lag & table freezing. I am not sure yet if this is the PokerStars server or perhaps new permissions & exceptions needed on my system. will investigate & report back if I learn anything
    [3] If you didn't make the above changes immediately you'll have lost some HHs & TSs because when the new "PokerStars UK" client software removed the old destination HH & TS folders on your PC. You will probably have to ask for these HHs & TSs from PokerStars. I'm waiting to see if my ones turn up magically on my system somewhere
    Last edited by _Loki_; 11-03-2014 at 01:34 PM.

I figured out these steps too but I'm having no success with the hud anyway.

Thank you. Do you know how to fix a similar issue with Rush on Full Tilt UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog995 View Post
    Thank you. Do you know how to fix a similar issue with Rush on Full Tilt UK?
    I already answered in your other thread

I have done everything u say and still not working. I have the green tick on site setup which says valid hands have been imported since recent changes but when i click on results no hands are coming through. I've tried sitting on cash games and am getting no results at all. Also as of yet Hud hasn't popped up. Everything matches so I'm at a bit of a loss what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtunna View Post
    I have done everything u say and still not working. I have the green tick on site setup which says valid hands have been imported since recent changes but when i click on results no hands are coming through. I've tried sitting on cash games and am getting no results at all. Also as of yet Hud hasn't popped up. Everything matches so I'm at a bit of a loss what to do.
    Go back into the PS client & check you saved the new paths before clicking "OK"
    If the PS & HM2 paths match...

Unhide all your folders
    Make sure properties haven't changed to "read only" for the new folders
    Set exceptions in firewall/AV for new HH & TS folder paths
    Close PS client & HM2 client
    Launch HM2 & when it's fully loaded launch PS client & test

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Go back into the PS client & check you saved the new paths before clicking "OK"
    If the PS & HM2 paths match...

Unhide all your folders
    Make sure properties haven't changed to "read only" for the new folders
    Set exceptions in firewall/AV for new HH & TS folder paths
    Close PS client & HM2 client
    Launch HM2 & when it's fully loaded launch PS client & test
    None of the folders are hidden but all my UK folders have read only on them when i go into properties. Iv unchecked them all and clicked apply but it keeps reverting back to read only. Can I stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtunna View Post
    ...all my UK folders have read only on them when i go into properties. Iv unchecked them all and clicked apply but it keeps reverting back to read only...
    It's a very annoying Windows display glitch. The little blue square re-appears on the FOLDERS but you'll find the changes have been made successfully on the actual FILES - go to a random file in the relevant folders & check properties to confirm the changes took place.

The Microsoft explanation is here:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549
    Cole's Notes [or Cliffs if you're a Yank]:- They say it's "by design"
    Last edited by _Loki_; 11-03-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    It's a very annoying Windows display glitch. The little blue square re-appears on the FOLDERS but you'll find the changes have been made successfully on the actual FILES - go to a random file in the relevant folders & check properties to confirm the changes took place.

The Microsoft explanation is here:- You cannot view or change the Read-only or the System attributes of folders in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    Cole's Notes [or Cliffs if you're a Yank]:- They say it's "by design"
    The subfolders are doing exactly the same and still its not working

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I think the problem might be the appdata/Local

Try making a new folder in say programfiles called starsuk then point stars and the hem itself to that directory, worked for me