Harringtons HUD configuration?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Harringtons HUD configuration?

Hi,

please help me out. Can anyone share the Harringtons configuration as he describes in 'Dan Harrington on Online Cash games - 6 max'? Massive thanks in advance.

Default Help me get the HUD

Hi,

please help me out. I still run HM1 and i'm asking for help here. Can anyone please share the Harringtons configuration as he describes in 'Dan Harrington on Online Cash games - 6 max'? Massive thanks in advance.

EDIT:- LOOKING AT OTHER POST IN HM2 SECTION I SEE IT'S FOR HM1...

Quote Originally Posted by helpthehud View Post
    Can anyone share the Harringtons configuration as he describes in 'Dan Harrington on Online Cash games - 6 max'? Massive thanks in advance.
    You've posted this request in two places HM1 [here] & the current s/ware forum HM2
    Which HM is the HUD for?

Anyway. I just looked at my copy & I see there's a few HUDs suggested depending.... which page HUD interests you from those discussed [around pp118]? Can't you just build one from the descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Anyway. I just looked at my copy & I see there's a few HUDs suggested depending.... which page HUD interests you from those discussed [around pp118]? Can't you just build one from the descriptions?
    Hey Loki, i'm looking for the 'A Very Detailed HUD' on the bottom of page 118. I tried to build one myself but it took me sooo long just to build a few stats with colours. I was hoping i could import one so i could spent more time in reading the book and playing. I've got HM1.

Harrington actually discusses three different HUDs in his book:

A Minimal HUD: (2 line)

Name / # Hands / winrate

VPIP / PFR / AF

--

More Useful HUD (3 line):

Name / # Hands / winrate

VPIP / PFR / Steal Attempt / Fold Big Blind to Steal

AF / Flop AF / Turn AF / River AF / C-bet / Fold to C-bet

--

A Very Detailed HUD (5 line):

Name / # Hands / winrate

VPIP / PFR / Steal Attempt / Fold Big Blind to Steal

3-bet / Fold to 3-bet / AF / Flop AF / Turn AF / River AF

C-bet / Fold to C-bet / Fold to Turn C-bet

Won when seen flop (W$F) / Went to Showdown / Won at Showdown
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Loki, could you sent me this HUD?

** I use HM2 - if I had the Harrington HUD [I don't] - I don't know if it imports into HM1
    ** Harrington uses a Poker Tracker HUD of 19 stats on 5 lines [as per Patrick's reply to you]
    ** Harrington's HUD is great & still applicable, but an old Harrington HUD supplied by someone else will not suit you, because...

[1] His ranges are 4.5 years old so they'll need a major adjustment for the more aggressive, thinking villains of today
    [2] When you have big enough samples, you'll want to add 4Bet stats & squeeze stats in my opinion
    [3] 3Betting, Continuation Betting & Stealing stats in 6-max [or FR] are way different as the stakes increase

If I were you & wanted that HUD. I'd simply build it in less than an hour & use it without colours - then construct some ranges from a sample of the big winning/big losing players on my database - players for which I have at least 5k hands so I can be fairly sure what player type each one is.

Hope that helps

P.S. My own primary cash 6Max HUD is for Zoom where there's maybe 200-400 players at any time with around 20% of them being 4-tabling nits who only play AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, TT & mid-pairs that flop sets/full houses. The turnover of players is pretty amazing with people wandering in at the weekend when they get bored out of their minds playing a ridiculous 6 to 12 hour tourney.

So the Harrington HUD needs big changes for all of that - most of the solid profit is from stealing [& re-stealing] + re-raising OOP an insane amount from the SB/BB - totally different to regular cash tables. I have more steal/fold to steal/re-steal stats [by position]
    Don't bother so much with continuation bet stats because sample size too small except for the grinders - they are predictable post flop anyway.

Thanks Loki, your comments make sense. His ranges are definitely outdated. Btw i only play 6max cash, no zoom. I'll create a HUD without colours and try to built an image of how the ranges are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by helpthehud View Post
    Thanks Loki, your comments make sense. His ranges are definitely outdated. Btw I only play 6max cash, no zoom. I'll create a HUD without colours and try to built an image of how the ranges are these days.
    I can't easily play 6-max cash regular these days - it's too slow after Zoom. With the hotkeys built into the PokerStars client I'm playing 290 hands per hour per table which is triple a regular table. Also at Zoom one can be more "creative" because it's one large pool - most players don't remember if you're a nit or a raging loony [especially if you don't use an avatar, turn off your VIP status display, have a boring screen name & disable other players being able to search for you]. Another advantage of Zoom is you can open min bet/raise OOP postflop profitably all day - people just fold 70% of the time. This min betting saves a lot of money in the long run because it's easier to pot control on later streets when you meet resistance. Can't do that when you have the same 5 people looking at your actions