average loading time in replayer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default average loading time in replayer

Whenever i want to view a hand in the replayer it takes a long time before the hud for all players is loaded.I calculated that the average is 5.2k hands/s .
    I have an ssd and i tried changing some values in the postgressql.conf but i didn't noticed any difference .Before i dig deeper in the problem i want to know if i can achieve better results or that's just the most i can get.

Yes you can get much better results. Please see second picture down in this link:-
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...2831/Table+HUD

If you have notecaddy enabled check the "Only show critical Notecaddy notes" box
    What number have you got in "Max replayer hands:"?
    If you have a value of "0" there [which is slow on large databases] change the number to something like 20000 or 50000 [default value is 20000]

i disabled notecaddy and i 'm currently averaging 5.4k/s .
    I have i5 with 8gb ram.

Did you look at the link?
    You didn't answer my question...

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    >>>> What number have you got in "Max replayer hands:"? <<<

If you have a value of "0" there [which is slow on large databases] change the number to something like 20000 or 50000 [default value is 20000]

sorry,the value is 50 000

There are a lot of variables that contribute to how long/fast the HUD stats take to load in the replayer. A smaller HUD with fewer stats may load faster or setting the max replayer hands value lower but we have to query the database for the hud stats every time you open the replayer or switch to a new hand to get the HUD stats so it will never be completely instant.

Lately when i'm opening a hand in the replayers the green felt of the table appears pretty slow ,about 15,20 sec later ,or sometimes doesn't appear at all .There were a few times when the replayer window blocked .I reinstalled hm2 recently but nothing changed .I made a new db about a week ago with fewer hands (8gb vs 20gb ) and definitely had an impact(i'd say 20%-25% faster) but the replayer still blocks sometimes or the felt remains gray .

How do i reset postgresql.conf to the original state?

Quote Originally Posted by drunkkiler View Post
    Lately when i'm opening a hand in the replayers the green felt of the table appears pretty slow ,about 15,20 sec later ,or sometimes doesn't appear at all .There were a few times when the replayer window blocked .I reinstalled hm2 recently but nothing changed .I made a new db about a week ago with fewer hands (8gb vs 20gb ) and definitely had an impact(i'd say 20%-25% faster) but the replayer still blocks sometimes or the felt remains gray .

How do i reset postgresql.conf to the original state?
    Did you edit it manually? If yes, you will have to revert it manually so hopefully you saved a copy of it before you made the edits so you can simply stop the PSQL service and copy/paste the old config file back in place to replace the edited one. If you didn't save a copy then you will need to use whatever instructions you used and undo each step manually.

If you used the HM2 tuning there is a restore/undo option.

If none of that works you will probably end up having to reinstall PSQL (if you do go with 9.0 or 9.2 instead of 8.4 for better performance) or have someone upload a default unedited config file for the same exact version. If you want to post your psql version number from the HM2 log file I can see if anyone on our team has the same version with an unedited default config file.

Please check your log.txt file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Code:
    07:52:40.407 [SetActiveDatabase:20 - PostgresqlDatabase.InitializeDatabase] [[General] ] Database Version: 9.0.18

Something else you could try to see if it helps before you consider reinstalling or reverting the config file since you have such large databases:

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your config file please copy/paste a copy to your desktop as a backup: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" /> 

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" /> 

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 

*Note:
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetBase is 2100000000
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount is 840

*Another config file variable that you can try adding and editing is:

<Key Name="MaxHandsCached_Hybrid" Value="200000" />

- try values of 100000, 500000, and 1000000 and see if it makes any difference. This sets the maximum number of player hands for the current player that will be loaded. All report stats are based on these hands.

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

If none of that works you will probably end up having to reinstall PSQL (if you do go with 9.0 or 9.2 instead of 8.4 for better performance)
    If i install 9.2 will i be able to restore my current db?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" /> 
    I added the code but after i open hm2 the line of code disappears from the config file .

Quote Originally Posted by drunkkiler View Post
    If i install 9.2 will i be able to restore my current db?
    You 'should' be able to if you backup and restore with HM2 and not PGAdmin but if anything does go wrong you will have to recreate it manually using the original hands from the HM2Archive folder so make sure you have copies of that as well as the backup file.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

I added the code but after i open hm2 the line of code disappears from the config file .
    Make sure HM2 is closed (and all processes in task manager for HM2 ended properly) when editing any files in the HM2 Roaming folder.

If you did have HM2 closed and this still happened it could be a permissions issue.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...7%7D7+%26+8%29

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use