Connecting Remotely Over Network -- Dynamic/Satic Setup

Default Connecting Remotely Over Network -- Dynamic/Satic Setup

I have HM setup so that another computer on the same local network can successfully connect.

pg_hba on the server looks like:
    host all all 192.168.1.101/32 trust
    host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

thus the computer connecting is 192.168.1.101 and the sever itself is located at 192.168.1.100

This is all well and good--but annoying because everything on the windows network is dynamic. This part is out of my control as I'll be traveling and using many wireless networks to connect.

So my question is--can I make this setup dynamic so that I don't have to keep changing these files based on the current IP addresses of server/host?

Thanks
    Quinn

I honestly dont know as ive not seen a setup like this before, this might get a better answer on one of the PostgreSQL forums or a PC forum
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by coxquinn View Post
    I have HM setup so that another computer on the same local network can successfully connect.

host all all 192.168.1.101/32 trust

thus the computer connecting is 192.168.1.101 and the sever itself is located at 192.168.1.100

This is all well and good--but annoying because everything on the windows network is dynamic. This part is out of my control as I'll be traveling and using many wireless networks to connect.

So my question is--can I make this setup dynamic so that I don't have to keep changing these files based on the current IP addresses of server/host?

Thanks
    Quinn
    well to get me started....I'd change the pga_hba file to

host all all 192.168.1.0/32 trust

is that correct? I can't get it to connect even if I make that generic.

thanks

Hi This FAQ was written by someone here who figured it ou themselves so i posted it on the FAQ as per his request, unfortunately i dont know much about this if it dosent work http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=161

Here is the original thread if youd like to conact him by PM to see if he can help http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/s...nf+file&page=2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.