Problems installing HM2

Default Problems installing HM2

Hello. I have been playing poker for about 1 and a half years now, and I never got a HUD because neither HM2 trial or PT4 trial worked on my computer. But when I look at training videos I can see, that my game will never be as developed if I don't get a HUD (And it's just a huge advantage in general).

So now I'm trying to get the trial version working. But when I install HM2 and postgreSQL thing it says something like "An error occured while executing Microsoft VC++ runtime installer" and "sorry, could not install postgreSQL".

What can I do about this?

oh and one last question. Can I use HM2 on different machines? Because I will probably be buying a new computer in a few months.

It would be great if someone could help me with this Thank you.

And by the way, I found a similar thread where the answer was just "google it", and I certainly have tried googling it and manually applying fixes, but nothing has worked.

I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes, you can use HM2 on two computers that you own. If you replace a computer, you can reset the license on your account as well.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

PostgreSQL Whisperer

1) Download PostgreSQL 8.4 from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB
    2) Put the file into C:
    3) run cmd.exe "as Admin"
    4) in cmd window run following command: C:\postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe --install_runtimes 0
    please be carefull with spaces in command
    Last edited by Ishikawa; 10-07-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you/them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawa View Post
    1) Download PostgreSQL 8.4 from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB
    2) Put the file into C:
    3) run cmd.exe "as Admin"
    4) in cmd window run following command: C:\postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe --install_runtimes 0
    please be carefull with spaces in command
    Hi, I think installing the 8,4 version of postgreSQL actually worked, but the HM2 installer still insists on installing postgreSQL, and I get exactly the same errors.

Did you install in a different location? Is the option to install postgres checked and grayed out? Did you install Postgres onto a different port? You can verify this in PGAdminIII. This is located in Start - Programs - Postgres - PGAdminIII. Double click the 8.4 server and log in. It should say localhost 543x. By default, it is 5432. What port shows for you?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I chose 5432 as portnumber and localhost as host. But I opened PGAdminIII now, and it shows 0 servers. I installed postgreSQL on C:\

When I try adding a server it says server doesn't listen.

And yes, the option to install postgresql is grayed out in HM2 installer
    Last edited by kongedame; 10-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please reinstall the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rewall%29#MSES
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If you continue to have problems send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a teamviewer session - GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time / Time in every Time Zone

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit it into our schedules. So give us a few different day and time ranges to choose from.

Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below first:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections.
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue.