hem 2 laggy , not responding

Default hem 2 laggy , not responding

windows 8 , 8gb ram , intel core i7-3770 3.40ghz, hem 2 2.0.08219

The last 7 days hem 2 is laggy and not responding alot,
    In task manager/processes its using between 400 to 800mbs, where other apps are using between 30 to 200mbs, is this normal ?
    The ram only uses upto 60%,so it worth upgrading to 16gb of ram ?

I have followed the steps on this post but its till laggy -
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...esponding.html

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

400 to 800 MB of RAM is completely normal. HM2 caches certain information in order to optimize search results and report load times. The minimum RAM that HM2 was designed for is 2GB but we recommend 4gb or 8gb+ for optimum performance. This caching is significantly faster if you have a fast hard drive (i.e. Solid State Drive). If you have a laptop with a 5,400rpm HDD and a large number of hands this process can take a fair amount of time but the pay off is that the reports will load much faster when changing from report to report in HM2 and when doing filtering/review of the reports.

The amount of caching (and thus the amount of RAM used) for an individual user is, in part, dependent on the RAM available and how much RAM is required for other applications you are running. Thus HM2 intelligently uses RAM based on a balancing act between how much you have and how much you are using elsewhere. If someone has a significant amount of RAM available, HM2 will cache more in order to further improve your response times to queries and report loading.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Thanks for quick reply.
    Pc specs are Barracuda 7200.14 3TB hard drive, 8gb ram , intel core i7-3770cpu@3.40ghz
    I dont use note caddy so thats allready disabled.
    I guessing upgrading to 16gb of ram will not help.

Thank you for the feedback. It could help some, and certainly can't hurt, but please give those other things a try and see if it helps.

I have added the information to our internal tracking document for this problem and once we have some suggestions or possible solutions that might solve this problem we will be in touch.

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If none of that helps, or doesn't help completely, you can try editing the config file to make HM2 use more/less RAM based on your number of hands:

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your config file please copy/paste a copy to your desktop as a backup: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" /> 

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" /> 

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General">     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" />     <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 

*Note:
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetBase is 2100000000
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount is 840

*Another config file variable that you can try adding and editing is:

<Key Name="MaxHandsCached_Hybrid" Value="200000" />

- try values of 100000, 500000, and 1000000 and see if it makes any difference. This sets the maximum number of player hands for the current player that will be loaded. All report stats are based on these hands.

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.

Thanks for support, not sure what fixed it, but past week been fine, thanks again

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Default tables turning black again

using windows 8 and most updated version of hem2

When playing on 888 tables turn black, which leads to tables turning black on pokerstars and party poker,
    The problem only happens if im playing on 888
    Is there anything from 888 i can to add windows firewall exceptions ?

Quote Originally Posted by sharon29uk View Post
    using windows 8 and most updated version of hem2

When playing on 888 tables turn black, which leads to tables turning black on pokerstars and party poker,
    The problem only happens if im playing on 888
    Is there anything from 888 i can to add windows firewall exceptions ?
    Merged this thread/post with your previous thread about performance problems.

Did any of the suggestions above help? Most of the people that are having this problem and tell us something helped get the best results from one of (or a combination of) the following suggestions:

- Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

There isn't much more we can do for these problems at this time but we are taking in the feedback from customers with these problems and documenting it for the developers to investigate. It seems to be related to the performance problems we had around 2 years ago that our lead developer was able to fix so hopefully he will be able to address these recurring issues.

Last few days has been unplayable as hem is laggy and turning all tables black.
    Even at start of a session with only 1 table it crashes
    Everything is updated. any other suggestions how i may fix the problem?
    thanks

I did not see where we got an answer to Fozzy's last post above.

Please let us know.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)