postgres database on 2 different drives

Default postgres database on 2 different drives

I have 2 HEM databases, my database for 2010, and my databse for 2011, the 2010 database is on my external drive and the 2011 is on my actual pc hdd.

I want to be able to switch between those 2 in HEM what is the best way to do it?

Either:
    A- Create a 2011 database on your external harddisk (and reimport the 2011 hands).

Or... if you want to use both harddisks.
    B- Make sure internal harddisk is using SQL 8.4.... and external harddisk is using a different SQL version on a different port. (for example 9.0 on port 5433)

With A: options--> database management--> connect--> you can switch between the two databases

With B: options--> database management--> change the PORT-> connect--> you can switch between the two databases
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Okay what I did is install the postgres 9.0 on the external hard disk, and replaced the data map with my old saved data map.

The problem now is when I try to login with the new port and pass it says "a connection to PostgresSQL cant be made"

When i login to my current 2011 databse (with the 5432 port) it still works.
    But I really want to be able to look up my old database.

I just cant get it to work.

Isn't your old database a 8.4 database?
    8.4 is not compatible with 9.0.

If there is a corruption in the old database, it will be impossible to connect to it.
    Do one last attempt, installing SQL 8.4 to the external drive on a new port, and choose your old /data folder.

If that fails, reimport the handhistories into a NEW database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Isn't your old database a 8.4 database?
    8.4 is not compatible with 9.0.

If there is a corruption in the old database, it will be impossible to connect to it.
    Do one last attempt, installing SQL 8.4 to the external drive on a new port, and choose your old /data folder.

If that fails, reimport the handhistories into a NEW database.
    Nice reply, gonna do this right away.

Unfortunately it didn't work.

I find it so odd, I always used WinXP and just changed path of the data map in register and it worked.
    Now with Win7 nothing I try works to use my old database.