note processing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: note processing

Default note processing

Hi firstly I find it more convenient to reset all notes and create them again then I make new definition rather than make those pending tasks. Then I start creating notes speed is fine. But after several hours it drops dramatically and I have to restart hm and restart pc and then it all fine again. I like leaving pc working over night so it kind of anoing to wake up and restart.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Just wait till you have kids. You won't have any choice to wake up many times per night.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Seriously why at beginning note processing goes fast like 750H/s, but constantly droping, after 2 hours it drops to 350H/s and "Saving notes to database..." stays longer and longer, until it stuck and saving notes to database takes like 5 or more minutes and rate drops to 40H/s. I have a big database and a lot of definitions, maybe there is roof for how much hands can I have and how many definitions? Becouse @40h/s it will take forever to finish processing. And now restarting HEM or computer does not help.

No direction but to trust the final destination

It slows down because there is more data to read and update. Enterprises with large databases generally employee one or more database administrators http://www.prospects.ac.uk/database_...escription.htm

I believe this may be the best solution if you are looking to increase performance.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

I just upgraded my system and made only 2 definitions active and I am only getting 50h/sec. I tried 6 and 12 threads.

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha55 View Post
    I just upgraded my system and made only 2 definitions active and I am only getting 50h/sec. I tried 6 and 12 threads.
    What hardware and what kind of definitions?

Seems to me very likely that something else but your hardware is slowing things down.

Quote Originally Posted by NoteCaddy Predator View Post
    What hardware and what kind of definitions?

Seems to me very likely that something else but your hardware is slowing things down.
    i7 6 core, SSDs in Raid, 16gb DDR4
    CbetsAce high flop
    folds to Cbet on Ace High often

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha55 View Post
    i7 6 core, SSDs in Raid, 16gb DDR4
    CbetsAce high flop
    folds to Cbet on Ace High often
    Your hardware is absolutely fine. Small side-note before we try to figure out what's causing this slow speed (for comparation: i get on my I7 4770 50hands/s when creating notes on a big database with more than 2000 definitions): you don't want to use your SSDs in RAID0, there is no benefit in it. Check out this article and you'll see why:

One SSD Vs. Two In RAID: Which Is Better? - Are Two SSDs Any Better Than One?

What Antivirus do you use? Did you set exceptions in the Firewall and Antivirus?

I saw that article before I upgraded. I have i7 5820, two 840 pro SSDs and two corsair SSDs in Raid 10

I did all but the 3rd step in the Alan Jackson Note Caddy Guide. I have only one (cbetsAceHighFlop) note active, I reset my notes and still only getting 50h/sec. It keeps flashing "saving note to the database". Is that normal or could it have something to do with my Raid 10 setup?

I didn't mess around with RAID-arrays, so hard for me to say, if this is the reason.

I would try the following:

- create a new database

- reset NoteCaddy to factory defaults

- make sure you set exceptions in the firewall and antivirus for all .dll- and .exe-files in HM2 and Postgresql

- turn off Windows User Account Control:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dows+7+or+8%29

If the speed remains low after doing/checking all these steps you can be pretty sure, that the reason is your RAID-array.