HM2 does not show old hands, altough they exist in database

Default HM2 does not show old hands, altough they exist in database

Hi,

HM2 has crashed. After starting HM2 again, I showed me that postgres service is not running. After starting it, HM2 showed "Creating new database" message. After that I launched HM2 and saw all my history is lost. Then I played two tourneys, and I can see data of those two tourneys in HM2(but not anything older). Then I opened pgadminIII, connected to HoldemManager2 database and saw the data is still there, old data plus new data from those two tourneys. But in Holdem Manager 2 I cannot see old data. I can assure that i checked filters in reports as general support walkthrough suggested. But I didn't import HMArchive (just yet), since it is relatively new data (there is hand data from 2012 year in database, but only from middle of 2013 in HMArchive). What could be wrong with my HM2 configuration?

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble.

What steps did you take to start the database? Is the new database that was created using the same name as your previous one?

It sounds like there was a corruption of some sort.

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

If you continue to have problems, try the following:
    Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new one and import the hands from c:\hmarchive, c:\hm2archive, or any other folder in which you may have moved the hands, as the FAQ above shows.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I created another database as you suggested and then imported HM2Archive. Everything worked without a problem. The good news I found a backup of HM2Archive of older hands, and imported them as well. So I believe I have not lost (m)any hands. I will not try to find the exact problem with old database. Thank you for your time.

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.