Duplicate hero broke the whole session tracking and database. Question and suggestion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Duplicate hero broke the whole session tracking and database. Question and suggestion

Question

Have experienced some situation that the player_id changed under aliases table and when I SELECT the player name under players table it shows to same name under 1 pokersite_id with 2 different player_id. And their optimizationstatus are all "1".

When facing this situation, the session refresh won't working and you need to manually change to another player and switch back to refresh your whole live data.

Also when this occurs, the player hands count in player search is all zeroed. But you can manually change the aliases player_id to the right one and recover the parent folder's history hands. BUT the report refresh and session refresh will never work again unless you switch between players.

I knew a backup may recover the previous data but this situation seems occurs too often (2 times in a month) and I HAVE to make a new database, reimport all hands, run notecaddy to make notes for a whole day, vacuum full and reindex for hours, sync the new parent folder between 2 computers (mostly 10GB+) for more than 1 day and will be able to use it again.

Is there any solution when I'm facing it again?

Suggestion

I knew there's an IPC way to share a folder online, but this will make one computer a DMZ device on the router and may risk some hacking.

So I'm currently using a cloud drive to sync the parent folder. There's a problem here is the Folder Limit in one folder of this cloud drive is 30k and I usually exceed the limit and HAVE to delete some 1-file-folder by a program called "FolderSize" to keep the sync. This usually works well and keeps the regular's data and deletes the guests. But is there any other way for a parent folder to store users like Database/Players/Site/a/a123 and Database/Players/Site/h/holdem~star~?

This can avoid the folder limit and can sort the players more conveniently. And one depth won't actually affect the software performance.

We can make this into a setting function request.
    Last edited by esanisa; 09-23-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Usually, this only occurs when you import another player's hands for review. It is best to use a different database for this.

Sometimes, if there are other players that have multiple hole cards showing can be read as the hero. This causes their hands to reset on the table, as if they were you. Note that editing the database could result in a corrupt database so only attempt this if you know what your doing. Please see these steps to reset the hero:

1) Please open PGAdminIII (Start - Postgres)

2) Enter your pw (default is postgrespass)

3) Open databases - expand DB name - expand schemas - expand public - expand Tables

4) Choose settings, right click - view data, show all rows

5) Clear the value in the second row (current player)

6) Restart HM2

PGAdmin info screen looks like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...dbrky/null.png
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Usually, this only occurs when you import another player's hands for review. It is best to use a different database for this.

Sometimes, if there are other players that have multiple hole cards showing can be read as the hero. This causes their hands to reset on the table, as if they were you. Note that editing the database could result in a corrupt database so only attempt this if you know what your doing. Please see these steps to reset the hero:

1) Please open PGAdminIII (Start - Postgres)

2) Enter your pw (default is postgrespass)

3) Open databases - expand DB name - expand schemas - expand public - expand Tables

4) Choose settings, right click - view data, show all rows

5) Clear the value in the second row (current player)

6) Restart HM2

PGAdmin info screen looks like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...dbrky/null.png

Hmm I think I don't have that one that I'm reviewing other's data by importing their hands.
    Yet it's not a setting table problem, when you encounter this, even if you switched to one account you have on HM2, the session would not refresh, but hud is updating.

NoteCaddy notes for corrupted hero is gone too.

Is this another database that you are sharing with multiple players/heroes? As we have explained in the past, this is not something we can assist you with as it goes against the Terms of Service at almost every site we support and would not be a problem if you were using the database as designed for a single hero/alias. I have never heard of this problem when the database is used as designed by a single player even if he is networking the database to access between 2 computers.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Is this another database that you are sharing with multiple players/heroes? As we have explained in the past, this is not something we can assist you with as it goes against the Terms of Service at almost every site we support and would not be a problem if you were using the database as designed for a single hero/alias. I have never heard of this problem when the database is used as designed by a single player even if he is networking the database to access between 2 computers.
    This is only 2 computers (home and office) for my own database. You can teamviewer control and check.
    1.jpg

I'm sincerely need a technical help, because I think most original players don't seperate the pgsql to an alternative server and syncing the parent folder for their 2 computers.

I am going to have Sarek or Netsrak take a look at this thread and they will get back to you with some thoughts on this.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by esanisa View Post
    Question

Have experienced some situation that the player_id changed under aliases table and when I SELECT the player name under players table it shows to same name under 1 pokersite_id with 2 different player_id. And their optimizationstatus are all "1".
    Please explain this in details. with screens if possible.

For me this sounds like a damaged database because of your network configuration. In a normal database this will never happen because of the indexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    Please explain this in details. with screens if possible.
    Thank you.

I'm using a local CentOS 5.4 + PGSql 8.4 server at office and mirrored the 5432 port to router 3347 port, so I can access the same database both at office and home. This saves both computer's performance.

For Parent Folder, I'm using a Cloud Sync Drive service and it runs well. I can see my hero reports sync immediately on both computer.

For internet, my office have 1G cable and my home has 20M cable. So I don't think it's a problem here.

Issues below:
    1. Duplicate playername in different player_id.
    a.jpg

I have only 1 account for each site, and this is my own database. So I don't know why there are as many as same player name with different player_id.

2. NC note broken.
    1.png
    and
    2.png
    and
    c.png

It happened with some players and can suddenly recovered.
    But most of time when it occurs, it just broke like the image shows.

3. HUD stats not showing up the full data.
    b.jpg
    but I have
    c.jpg
    This is a POC. Actually this happenes often with following situation:

a> When a new player sit down and playing, HUD shows 0 hands and counted from scarch, but I actually have some of this player's data. HUD not showing up.

b> After some playing, one player's HUD suddenly become zeroed and not updating. ALL his data is "-" but other players in the same table are still updating.
    d.png

c> The same as above POC, not full HH data is showing for one player.
    Last edited by esanisa; 09-25-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    For me this sounds like a damaged database because of your network configuration. In a normal database this will never happen because of the indexing.
    Hmm I've stated some POC above.
    In order to resolve this, which log should I turned on and post it here?
    I've found a normal log.txt which is filled with TN2 error. But I actually don't have TN2 installed.

Server: Normal Intel Core Duo 2 PC
    Harddrive: SSD*5 Raid 5
    Ram: 2GB*4 DDR2 800

pgconf:
    shared_buffers = 800MB
    work_mem = 50MB
    maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
    max_stack_depth = 8MB
    vacuum_cost_delay = 10ms
    bgwriter_delay = 10ms

fsync = off
    wal_buffers = 8MB
    checkpoint_segments = 64
    checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9

effective_cache_size = 6GB
    Last edited by esanisa; 09-25-2014 at 04:24 AM.