Postgresql problem - can't connect

Default Postgresql problem - can't connect

Hi

2-3 weeks ago i decided to add ssd disk to my laptop. Now i have 2 systems (both win7) but:

I wanted to keep old database on old hard disk and create new on sdd disk. This database on ssd works perfectly.

When i installed holdem manager on ssd and created notes i figured out that it dont use space on ssd laptop - it was creating notes by using old disk space (probably i somehow messed up with directories when instaled). On old hard disk postgres created archive with old database folder (data) with name including dates. I reinstaled postgres on ssd, creates new notes, imported hands and it works.

But when i want to open holdem manager on old hard drive(everything worked before adding ssd) i see window that sais:

'cannot connect to the PostgreSQL database server' - i click next and appears window with server, port, user, password. Im trying to type an old password (100% sure it is correct), but it doesnt work.

I also in meanwhile had problems with activating windows because of win7 update :/ but it is activated now.

I reinstaled postgress few times using this faq:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rving+database

Tried, few times, few directories.

Tried to start postgresql service manually in control panel: 'prompt that service started and stopped'

Cant connect to server by pgAdminIII.

What should I do ?

Im using Windows 7, postgres 8.4, turned off windows defender, no antivirus.

I figured something out:

when i used cmd i typed command net user postgres/delete

edit:

now i cant install postgres 8.4 on this disk:

password incorrect, tryied to change md5 to trust in one fille in data folder - it was already changed.
    Last edited by grimowsky; 09-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 

4) reboot.
    5) Install PostgreSQL

If you continue to have problems, try the following -

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Please see the following guides for postgres related issues if you have further issues after installing.

When installing, you may encounter an error referring to the database initialization. If so follow this part of the FAQ below:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+#wont-install

For other security software see here:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29

I did all u asked for but:

when i want to login in pgAdminIII it still - server doesnt listen, Holdem Manager still cant connect.

could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I still have database, maybe it is another solution (something like installing hem on another computer and importing this database?) ? I want just to keep those hands, wanted to export it and format my old hdd anyway.

I turned off Defender and Firewall, still dont have antivirus

I added new RAM(16GB) while i was installing new ssd, maybe its a cause ?

__________________________________________________ ___________________

EDIT:

When i install postgresql from combo installer (holdem manager1) it works perfectly - from pgAdmin i can easly log in, hem1 and hem2 work and connect with postgres.

Can i import old data now, when postgres works ? How?
    Last edited by grimowsky; 09-11-2014 at 09:38 PM.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

Do you see the server when u run pgadmin? If u able to see the server but can`t run SQL then:
    1) open data\pg_log & post the content of last log here
    2) now u have 2 data\SQL folders on old drive? One of them works, another one not. If so then archive files in original data folder (I mean conf-files & ect. NOT folders) & replace these 5 filles with files from new data.

Also did u read this FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...e+or+Partition