Dynamic hud - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic hud

Quote Originally Posted by Alexnorge View Post
    Hi.

I've suggested this a couple of times now over the last year/ year and a half, but I don't plan to give up. Could you please let me know what you (exactly) need to get this done:

Make the hud more dynamic:

1. Filter based on number of players. This works fine today. [edit] Add changing hud based on # of players more then for HU, non HU. This I know you consider.

2. Filter based on blind level. Does not exist today.

3. Filter based on stack sizes. Filters are available but are not flexible enough, especially for the interval 13-20bb. Preferably these filters would be completely open so one can choose according to ones personal liking/ preferences.

*I know your concerns are that a) this would maybe make some new users confused over all the posibilities and b) filters such as these requires massive sample sizes. Both are void imo. SNG's today is not as SNG's in 2005. These types of filters should be mandatory for a hud provider as HEM2 is.

There is also another small issue. Many players today raise eg. 63 instead of 60 at t30, making the mr stat useless. Having a small raise stat instead where you can set what you consider a small raise to be (eg 2,1 or 2,7) should be released asap! I don't understand how you can live with this knowledge and not instantly fix it! If not a new small raise stat, the mr stat itself should have an option to be changed from the standard 2x to whatever you prefer x.

Thank you for listening, now please take action dear Sirs and Miss's at the HEM company!
    1 - 3 are all written up already and your email is on all 3 tickets. There is no ETA for any of them as we never give out ETA's.

1 - HM-8391: Allow further customization for HUD switching based on number of players for each # of players separately

2 - HM-2516: HUD filter by blind level and ante vs non antes.

3 - HM-6906: Improve Tournament Filters

For the MR stat comment/question: there is no plan to make that stat adjustable. I believe what you want to do for that can be done with NC.

Thanks for your reply Fozzy. Any ETA or what it will take to push those tickets through?

Eagerly awaiting.

I do belive keeping the mr stat as is could be the best solution for the hem2 hud as many players probably want it like that (or don't understand why it's smart to have it adjustable). Adding a stat that is called say; small raise or similar that could be adjusted to whatever players prefer eg 2,1 - 2,2 - 2,5 would be highly appreciated. Even if you can do that with NC it's not very usable in a hud - for reasons I'm sure you understand why when it comes to sngs.

Thank you again. Hope for an answer what it will take to push the ETA on the those tickets to the minimum.

There is no ETA and I can't give any sort of estimate. The more people that request to be added to those tickets to be notified, the better the chance of it being implemented in the future. At this moment I don't think any of those feature requests are 'on deck' to be looked at by a developer so they are not in our short term goals.

I don't think any of our HUD Stats could ever be made adjustable like that. Filters you can edit but stats you can not. We would need to make a variety of stats to do what you want and there are no short term plans for these stats at this time. In fact we don't have plans to add any new HUD Stats until after our Stats Wiki documentation project is implemented and there is no ETA for when that project might be completed. If you want these types of stats now you would need to try and create them in NoteCaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    There is no ETA and I can't give any sort of estimate. The more people that request to be added to those tickets to be notified, the better the chance of it being implemented in the future. At this moment I don't think any of those feature requests are 'on deck' to be looked at by a developer so they are not in our short term goals.

I don't think any of our HUD Stats could ever be made adjustable like that. Filters you can edit but stats you can not. We would need to make a variety of stats to do what you want and there are no short term plans for these stats at this time. In fact we don't have plans to add any new HUD Stats until after our Stats Wiki documentation project is implemented and there is no ETA for when that project might be completed. If you want these types of stats now you would need to try and create them in NoteCaddy.
    Thank you again Fozzy. I'll try and get some more players to request the features then to bring it up in the developers 'to-do list'.

I already have this setup in notecaddy, but it's not what's needed in regards to the mr stat. You still need the pop ups to use those stats effectively for sngs.

I am sorry if this feels like I'm beating a dead horse here (that is not my intention), I just need to ask if you see the point I'm trying to make why such a stat is important for the HEM hud? Just in case I explain myself badly due to english not being my first language.

In todays sngs many villains raise slightly more then 2x (eg at t20 they raise 41), or just more (eg at t30 they raise 70) to avoid being picked up in the mr stat. I'm very suprised this is not even on the agenda for the hem2 hud to add something to avoid this being an issue.

I don't play sngs (cash only) and am not a stats expert. It may be a perfectly valid request but I honestly don't think it is possible to make a stat adjustable like you are suggesting. It would have to be a variety of specific stats for each and every desired small raise size (i.e. MinRaise +0.1, MinRaise +0.2, etc...). If we get enough requests for this type of stat we can write up the request for the developers to consider in the future but we have a current hold on adding any new stats to the HM2 HUD until the Stats Wiki project is finished and there is no ETA for when that project might actually be finished.