AJacksonAdvantage: The most advanced NoteCaddy HUD
    Junior Member AJackson Advantage's Avatar

Default AJacksonAdvantage: The most advanced NoteCaddy HUD

More information: click 'Home Page' in our forum profile: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/memb...advantage.html

The AJackson Advantage HUDs

I've played on-line poker for nearly 10 years and for most of that time it has been my primary source of income. I've always been driven to fully utilize the technical tools available to poker players. My programming partner has a truly incredible knowledge of NoteCaddy and I was completely blown away when I saw what he could do. I felt like I was cave man rubbing sticks together while he's lighting fires with telekinesis. Our collaboration was incredibly productive as you'll soon see. When you purchase an AJA HUD you're buying the product of thousands of hours of work by two experts and what you see in this HUD is just the start. Building this HUD took us five months of dedicated work.

The AJA HUDs were constructed with three driving principles: innovation, accuracy and in game efficiency. We want to minimize the amount of time spent mucking around in popups looking for information while keeping your on table HUD down to a manageable size. We want the HUD data to be as accurate as possible reflection of your opponent's play verses you. Our end goal is to help you increase your win rate and hourly hand volume to maximize your hourly win rate. Having an efficient and accurate HUD is an integral part of achieving that goal.

Current HUDs mostly do a good job of telling you how an opponent generally plays in specific spots. However, current HUDs don't really tells us what we really want to know-how an opponent plays vs us. Our HUDs are designed to fill in that information gap.

All stats are generated by NoteCaddy. This gives us limitless flexibility designing stat parameters.

As an option, you can have a HUD for ante games which only uses data from ante games. Even when playing both ante and non-ante games simultaneously vs the same opponent each table have HUD data for only that game type.

Custom sample sizes. Instead of setting arbitrary date ranges such as hands from the last 3 months for all stats, the AJA Dynamic HUD has sample size limits for each stat. For example, rather than using every hand from the last 3 months for Btn fold vs 3B, we only use the last xxx opportunities where xxx opportunities meets our reliability threshold. High frequency spots will have stats from the last few weeks, lower frequency spots from the last few months. This allows you to see changes in your opponent's game much quicker than you could with any other HUD. Sometimes even before your opponent realizes their game has changed. The sample size for each stat is individually calculated.

Timing tells. The AJA HUDs includes a graphical representation integrated into our popups showing the connection between hand strength and timing in all the major spots. Currently only available on Stars and iPoker.

With the AJA Dynamic HUD our stats, badges and range graphs are dynamic. Once the sample size for the next level reaches a level of reliability that it becomes a better reflection of your opponent's play the HUD (the on table HUD, popup stats, badges, and range graphs) automatically switches to the next level. Convergence establishes the minimum reliable sample size. Each stat, badge and range graph switch independently.

Here's what we mean by dynamic

Level One: Opponent stats, badges and range graphs reflect normalized play, using your opponent's reaction to bets/raises which fall within normal ranges and exclude all-in and effective all-in bets/raises where it would likely impact their decision. Current HUD stats reflect all actions for that spot. They lump all bet sizes, stack sizes and sometimes multiway, limped, single raised, 3B+ and raised pot play into the same stat. For example, the AJA Dynamic HUD stat fold vs flop cbet is for preflop single raised pots, heads up on the flop and eliminates undersized, oversized and all-in (including effectively all-in) betting. You will find positional, 3B, 4B and multiway cbet stats, all using similar criteria, in the HUD and popups.

Level Two: Opponent stats, badges and range graphs reflect play vs a full stacked regular (vsReg). Hands vs recreational and short stack players are excluded. Current HUDs lump together play against all player types and we all know that our play against recreational players and short stackers differs significantly. Having that play included skews the stats, reducing their accuracy. When the sample is large enough the AJA Dynamic HUD automatically switches that individual stat. Think of vsReg stats as a proxy for vsHero stats. Seeing an opponent's stats vs full stacked regulars will give you a much more accurate representation of their play vs you and reliable samples size are achieved much quicker than vsHero.

Using the previous example of fold vs flop cbet, this level will reflect the frequency an opponent folds vs a flop cbet when the cbet comes from a full stacked regular in a preflop single raised pot, heads up on the flop eliminating undersized and oversized betting. In the HUD and popups you'll find positional, 3B, 4B, and multiway stats. Those stats will also switch to level two once reliability is high enough that level two provides better information.

To conserve processing power we do not use dynamic stats in those spots where it is unlikely you'll have a sample size to generate level two stats.

Level Three: Opponent stats, badges and range graphs reflects play vs you (vsHero). VsHero stats have a lot of value, but it takes a significant amount of time to search your popups for their play vs you and then you have to determine if the vsHero stat has a reliable sample size. The AJA Dynamic HUD will switch individual stats, badges and range graphs to vsHero when vsHero reaches a reliable sample size.

Badge system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZ3GigxBGI

Badges are HUD icons that help identify spots where an opponent is unbalanced. The badges only appear when your opponent has played exploitably over a reliable sample. While badges take some work to integrate into your game, once you do they offer a significant advantage. Badges increase your efficiency significantly by saving time looking through your popups trying to figure out if a player is exploitable in a specific spot. This is especially true when you're trying to see if your opponent is exploitable by a series of moves. Most players won't spend the time, especially in spots where many players aren't exploitable. Badges keep the size of your on table HUD manageable.

Badges feature two levels to reflect exploitable and highly exploitable play, allowing you to quickly determine when to extend ranges. Our badge construction is much more complex than this example, but here's a basic description: Fold BB open vs a SB steal. A level one badge (exploitable) appears with a 60-66% fold frequency and a level two badge (highly exploitable) will replace the level badge one badge when there is a 66.01%+ fold frequency. Actual badge stats includes BB fold vs SB steal frequency, BB vs SB steal calling frequency and folding BB vs SB flop cbet frequency. The exploitative level is derived from a combination of all 3 stats. If the exploitability is verses a flop cbet a second badge will activate. Instead of spending 10-15 seconds opening up a popup to find multiple stats you merely have to spend a split second looking for the badge and based on the badge (exploitable or highly exploitable) expand your standard opening range.

Considerable effort has gone into the badge design and logic. By memorizing the fairly straight forward legend and the intuitive abbreviations you'll be able to easily identify the exploitability each badge represents. Stats are placed in your HUD by street/preflop action/situation.

With the AJA Dynamic HUD we take badges to another level. Playing with this HUD I found the badges were by far the most valuable feature of the package. Bet size exploitabilities are incorporated into the badges. A modification to a badge will clearly show exploitable bet sizes. This includes vsBtn steals, vsSB steals, and vs3 bets. There are also general exploitable bet size badges for flop, turn and river.

The AJA Dynamic badge system uses multiple stats to increase accuracy and find more exploitable spots. For example, fold BBvsBtn steal badge includes BBvsBtn preflop fold frequency , BBvsBtn preflop call frequency, and BBvsBtn fold vs flop cbet frequency. Defending by calling instead of 3B'ing adds value to the bottom of our stealing range as we'll be able to hit some flops and profitably bluff some missed flops. Often players who don't fold preflop at a clearly exploitable level will fold the flop at a very exploitable level due to a wider preflop calling range and we don't want to miss expanding our ranges verses those players. Where applicable, all our badges use multiple stats.

The data used to create a badge will switch to vsReg and vsHero when the sample size is large enough. All badges include a vsHero check. If an opponent doesn't play exploitable verses you the badge will not activate. This vsHero check is a massive advantage.

A number of our post flop badges are combo badges revealing opponents who are exploitable verses combo moves.

Range graphs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW436PleMxQ

We have a complete array of range graphs which give you a graphical representation of your opponent's play. Like the rest of our package, our spark/scatter graphs are a big leap over current spark graphs.

With the AJA Dynamic HUD our range graphs are dynamic where applicable, switching to vsReg and vsHero when that sample is reliable.

Our range graphs feature a new graphical range representation which offers a significant improvement in interpreting how our opponents construction their ranges and the bet sizes they use. Preflop range graphs will have popup hand chart showing known range. Post flop range graphs have a popup pie chart showing known hand strengths. All the major spots have scatter graphs showing the connection between bet sizing and hand strength. These scatter graphs eliminate a huge amount of popup clutter exposing bet size exploitability.

System requirements

A significant amount of work has gone into streamlining the AJA HUDs to keep the required processor speed reasonable. The AJA Dynamic HUD requires a fast computer. We've tested this package on a number of different systems and our recommended minimum system requirements is 8GB RAM, quad core i5 2.8GHz CPU, SSD. When your PC doesn't meet those requirement the AJA Premium HUD that works on every PC that meets NoteCaddy's minimum system requirements is a good option.

Because of the number of internal calculations and the nature of Zoom type games the Dynamic HUD regularly has performance issues with huge (1kk+) databases. We recommend our Premium package in that case.

Pricing for the AJA Dynamic and Premium HUDs

The AJA Dynamic HUD requires the purchase of HM2 and NoteCaddy Premium.

NL25 and below: $60
    NL50: $108
    NL100: $180
    NL200: $400
    Unlimited stake package: $1000

The AJA Premium HUD requires the purchase of HM2 and NoteCaddy Premium.

Unlimited stake package: $180

15 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee available when using PayPal.

AJA Dynamic HUD.

AJA Premium HUD.

The stake level reflects the top level that NoteCaddy will process hands. The stat information will still display at higher levels but NoteCaddy won't process hands from higher levels. If you decide to upgrade your stake level you only pay the difference between your current package and the higher stake level.

For those that don’t have a system that can handle our Dynamic HUD we offer the AJA Premium HUD for $180 with no stake cap (works for all stakes for one price). Please note the differences below. On the surface the HUD and popups look the same for both packages. Premium lacks dynamic stats and multi-stat, integrated sizing and multi-street badges. It's still the best HUD on the market outside of our Dynamic package.

If you purchase the AJA Premium HUD and decide to upgrade we'll credit your purchase to the purchase of the AJA Dynamic HUD. Once you see what our AJA Premium HUD can do I'm confident that you'll upgrade, even if it means upgrading your computer. I couldn't imagine playing without this level of information.

Please contact us at AJA@notecaddy.com if you're interested in custom NoteCaddy definition work. Any stat, badge or range graph you can imagine we can create. We can also customize the AJA Dynamic HUD to fit your preferences.

The value of an advanced HUD

Poker is game of incomplete information. The more you can fill in information gaps the better you'll be able to make decisions. The AJA Dynamic HUD fills those information gaps to a level never before seen.

However, no matter how advanced, a HUD is not going to turn a losing player into a winning player. Nothing can replace skilled poker play and mental toughness. To win in today's game at any level requires you to be a very good player with strong emotional control and no software is going to change that. Use of an advanced HUD is just another skill set for the well rounded professional. However, if properly utilized, an AJA HUD will increase your win rate. I credit a decent portion of my win rate to the edge I gain from using a NC generated HUD. Even if you can only add a fraction of a bb/100 the AJA HUDs will pay for itself quickly.
    Last edited by AJackson Advantage; 09-05-2014 at 09:16 PM.

host image

Hi,
    i have this type of issue. I try to download latest version of my notecaddy advanced package but still have the same problem.
    I check in my folders but i don't find them.could you help me?

Does anyone know if Alan has migrated the HM2 tools to HM3? I just upgraded to HM3 and when I try to use his huds, man they are ugly, large and not populating any table data.

Or is there a newer solution from someone else that is as good as Alan's were for HM3?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDave View Post
    Does anyone know if Alan has migrated the HM2 tools to HM3? I just upgraded to HM3 and when I try to use his huds, man they are ugly, large and not populating any table data.

Or is there a newer solution from someone else that is as good as Alan's were for HM3?
    Hi DenverDave,

As far as I know Alan has not created his package for HM3. I haven't seen him around in a while. He may have moved on from poker or is just behind the scenes now, but I'm not sure.

It's completely subjective to rate how good the HUDs are, but there are some packages I think are good that you install and use for free as a NC user... You can install them from the 'Manage my Ultimate Packs' section of NoteCaddy. They have been optimized to look good in HM3.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi DenverDave,

As far as I know Alan has not created his package for HM3. I haven't seen him around in a while. He may have moved on from poker or is just behind the scenes now, but I'm not sure.

It's completely subjective to rate how good the HUDs are, but there are some packages I think are good that you install and use for free as a NC user... You can install them from the 'Manage my Ultimate Packs' section of NoteCaddy. They have been optimized to look good in HM3.

Hello,
    And thank you for the update. I will hope that the HM2 packages will work

Take care and be well,
    Dave