Couple of queries
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Couple of queries

I have spent around a week now trying to get my "3bet small pocket pairs from sb" definition right and I'm sure I have done everything in the note definition correctly. When I "seek" hands it brings up all the correct successes and missed opportunities but when I look at my HUD in real time the numbers seem wrong. (Then when I click the play button on the NC popup next to the times they have done this I get shown hands which are irrelevant as there has not even been a showdown eg they 3bet from sb and button folds)

Also, I keep getting a message daily that says notecaddy needs to update, so it starts downloading the update and closes. When I reopen it the next day the same thing happens but it appears the update is never actually being installed. (Unless there is a new one every other day.)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by brat11 View Post
    I have spent around a week now trying to get my "3bet small pocket pairs from sb" definition right and I'm sure I have done everything in the note definition correctly. When I "seek" hands it brings up all the correct successes and missed opportunities but when I look at my HUD in real time the numbers seem wrong. (Then when I click the play button on the NC popup next to the times they have done this I get shown hands which are irrelevant as there has not even been a showdown eg they 3bet from sb and button folds)
    Make sure you are following all the steps here Best practices for creating NoteCaddy definitions - Assaultware Wiki and there will be no surprises in the HUD. From your post it's not possible to know what you did but going from seek directly to the HUD is not going to have good results. Particularly if you made changes then didn't run the pending task etc.

Also, I keep getting a message daily that says notecaddy needs to update, so it starts downloading the update and closes. When I reopen it the next day the same thing happens but it appears the update is never actually being installed. (Unless there is a new one every other day.)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    You don't need to wait till the next day to open HM2 after updating. You can open it right away after it's done. If you don't get prompted again for an update then you can assume it was successful.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

[QUOTE=sreticentv;2380992]Make sure you are following all the steps here Best practices for creating NoteCaddy definitions - Assaultware Wiki and there will be no surprises in the HUD. From your post it's not possible to know what you did but going from seek directly to the HUD is not going to have good results. Particularly if you made changes then didn't run the pending task etc.

I'm not sure if you are trying to ridicule me or not but I have already spent the best part of the last week reading the assaultware wikii before bringing my problem to this forum. I am also aware that I don't have to wait until the next day before I can reopen notecaddy after closing it - I have just been tending to do it the following morning due to other, non poker related commitments.

No direction but to trust the final destination

I was attempting to clear up any confusions. You made no mention of pending tasks so I felt it was necessary to ensure that you were aware of that. Furthermore, the article I linked to mentions testing via player note history. This will prevent surprises in the HUD. Your post didn't mention that you had read it and in fact suggested quite the opposite. It is impossible to give good answers when the post lacks essential details.

What may sort the problem for you is to reset notes How to reset NoteCaddy notes - Assaultware Wiki
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

If seek for sure is correct and there is nothing seems wrong, then resetting notes has high chances of success. I had similar problem several times, every time only reset helped.

Thanks Catalyst, much appreciated.

I am a little scared to do this as it says "warning, this will delete all notes generated by note caddy." What exactly does the reset do?

I am looking for how often people 3bet baby pairs from the small blind vs how often they call them. I am sure my note definition is good and "seek" gives all the correct hands and correct missed opportunities (ie cold call with these hands) but in the NC popup it shows loads of irrelevant missed opportunities. I have specifically set one of the conditions to "hand must be showdown" and NC is including hands where they 3bet preflop and there was no showdown so the hole cards are unknown.
    Last edited by brat11; 08-29-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Reset notes delete all NC notes at all from database, which opens the possibility to remake all those notes again from active definitions, but this time without "mistakes", which were deleted (hopefully ).

I am looking for how often people 3bet baby pairs from the small blind vs how often they call them.
    How can you calculate that? How do you now what is frequency of calling and frequency of 3-Betting it from all situations when those hands were ever dealt to SB? If you base this value by amount of showed down hands after calling and showed down hands after 3-Betting, then how can you judge about the difference of how often pocket pair reach showdown after call or 3-Bet was made?

It might seems reasonable to calculate what % of all 3-Betting range are pocket pairs from 22 to XX, but this also will be very unreliable, because different type of hands have different chances to ever reach showdown, thus % of pockets from all showdown hands often might be far away from your initial goal.

Why preflop square chart and postflop pie charts are not satisfactory for you to judge about low pockets? If you see at least one low pocket pair in 3-Bet chart from like "Resteal vs Hero" chart, then you may safely assume the all are there. Also if resteals vs Hero generally not differ much from vs all, you may rely on "Any 3-Bet from SB" or "Any Resteal" charts as well. And compare those charts to "SB call 1R" or "Overall call vs hero 1R" or something like that, to make your best judgment yourself.

If you have a lot of hands for someone, it is still important to figure out first, will he play against you the same way, as his average vs everybody, or against you he will change a lot. For example against Player X he may 3-Bet all pockets and against Player Y he may never 3-Bet low pockets, but you will see that he "half time” 3-Bets low pockets on average. How can you count this average, if you don't know, will he treat you as player X or as player Y?

Thanks Catalyst, the reset notes worked!

In terms of your questions - it is true that it is impossible to get a full picture about anyone's gameplan from once piece of information. We can use the information to make better assumptions but there will always be alot of variables that we may or may not have considered. If I can see that someone has called or 3bet small pocket pairs from the SB a % of the time it will give me an indication of their strategy but obviously not tell the whole story.

The reason I wanted to create such a note definition is that I prefer to play with an un-cluttered screen so don't actually have any other preflop information about 3betting ranges etc. I am new to using NC and found it had far too much information for my personl tastes at first - Now I have streamlined it alot, in fact my entire Notecaddy hud only contains 4 note definitions for extremely specific spots that I am interested in. (this being one of them)

Thanks again for the info and good luck at the tables

If I can see that someone has called or 3bet small pocket pairs from the SB a % of the time
    % of what "time" exactly?