Hold’em Manager and PokerTracker Merge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Management Representative Holdem Manager Team's Avatar

Default Hold’em Manager and PokerTracker Merge

We are excited to announce that Hold’em Manager and PokerTracker have merged. The merger will combine the management teams, staff, resources and intellectual property into one unified company.

First and foremost, thank you for supporting our products throughout the years. Without your support, loyalty and trust, we would not have been able to achieve the success that we have.

While we are now a unified company, we wanted to assure you that we remain committed to:

• maintaining and supporting both PokerTracker and Hold’em Manager

• innovating and developing the best online poker software possible

• providing first class customer service and technical support

As a customer, we expect that you have many questions about the merger; therefore, we have created a FAQ to address some of your questions

Holdem Manager & PokerTracker Merger FAQ

If you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQ, please ask them below and we will answer to the best of our ability.

Thank you once again for your continued support. We look forward to providing you with the software and tools that you need as an online poker player.

- The Hold’em Manager and PokerTracker Teams
    Last edited by Holdem Manager Team; 08-21-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Does HEM have a goal to get a more stable software platform with this merge? Think that should be a goal.

Last 10 days, HEM2 stopped working for ZOOM PLO twice and then to top it off my database also stopped working 2 days ago, so I had to run to manually update runs, then reinstall both HEM2 and postgres database and reimport hands and Notecaddy.

Whats HEM2s plan for the future to avoud such unfortunate crashes with a software that could be very good if it was running smooth (but lots of history with being bug infested and not running proberly)? Or do you use all resources on HEM3 instead?

I would suggest to make HEM2 runs proberly while you develop HEM3 and also not launch HEM3 before its actually ready for use even if its revenue wise could be tempting to again to it to early.

PS At best I love your software and think its super powerful and more innovative then PT4 (that I had to buy for backup) but there should not be software crashes monthly.
    Last edited by takeme0ut; 08-21-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by takeme0ut View Post
    Does HEM have a goal to get a more stable software platform with this merge? Think that should be a goal.
    Stability is always a priority for both development teams of HM2 and our new partners PT4. One of the many goals of this merger is to use the combined experience of both teams in developing and supporting software for online poker players, in turn the efficiencies and scale created by the merger which will allow us to invest even more into improving our products.

Whats HEM2s plan for the future to avoid such unfortunate crashes with a software that could be very good if it was running smooth (but lots of history with being bug infested and not running properly)? Or do you use all resources on HEM3 instead?
    Rest assured that our focus right now is on HM2 & PT4, along with our same development pace on the cloud beta. Our business merger does not change our customer or product priorities, we are continuing down the same path as before the merger - only difference is that now we have a larger pool of developers to allocate.

PS: Our FAQ does a good job of covering what you can expect in the future thanks to the merger : http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ker+Merger+FAQ

- Steven McLoughlin, Team Representative

Last 10 days, HEM2 stopped working for ZOOM PLO twice
    First I would like to say that I can understand your frustration with a break of this type. A recent Stars update broke the Zoom DLL.

There are occasions where a poker site's update might break HM2 temporarily and not PT4 and vice-versa. This was a case where it did not break the PT4 code for Zoom. After working on a fix for our internal solution (the nature of debugging and changing this particular DLL is one of the more tedious elements of all of the HM2 code base), we determined that it would be faster for PT4 to share their code with HM2. It took a few updates to work out the kinks with special characters, etc. But as of today, as a result of the merger, PT4 and HM2 are sharing the code for Zoom HUD support. (*)

my database also stopped working 2 days ago
    This sounds like it may be a user specific issue. Sorry for the problem but am happy to have someone follow up with you directly if it is not already resolved.

I would suggest to make HEM2 runs proberly while you develop HEM3
    Understand your concern. Any issues with HM2 are and will continue to be the priority.

Having said that, there is a long lead cycle on any new platform and HM3 is ONLY in the early stages of planning and only as a concept. In fact, we only have 1 developer devoted part time to the limited effort currently.

As to your point re: not releasing HM3 early . . . we understand. We are in no rush and we will learn from some of the mistakes made with the early versions of HM2. This is a very valid point and one we take to heart.

(*) We are aware that there are isolated issues that still remain with the DLL for Zoom and those are a high priority. The nature of the task is that the issues that affect the smallest % of customers are normally harder to replicate. But we are still working to resolve them.

first of all plz import from PT4 to HM2 sng/mtt rebuys tracking system
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeBiX View Post
    first of all plz import from PT4 to HM2 sng/mtt rebuys tracking system
    thanks
    Great minds think alike!

A shared solution to improve the quality of tournaments results and classification for both HM2 and PT4 is already underway.

Thanks for serious answers, issues are resolved for the time being.

Is there any tricks to not get the forced PokerStars updates installed?

. . . any tricks to not get the forced PokerStars updates installed?
    To our knowledge, there is no workaround for the forced updates.

We work with PS and other sites to avoid downtime for HM2. We have more lead time before some updates than others but, ultimately, the lead time we receive is out of our control.

That's very good news. Congratulations.

My only concern is that now you don't have any serious competitor and you have now a MONOPOLY.

I hope that you are not going to use this advantage to sell HM3 and PT6 with expensive annual subscriptions . I prefer the current lifetime licence model like in HM2 and PT4.
    Last edited by fountouris; 08-22-2014 at 09:15 AM.

hm2 with pt4`s hud layout or notecaddy for pt4 would be one of my dreams