NC - Duplicate note definitions on the back of NC upgrade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NC - Duplicate note definitions on the back of NC upgrade

Hi,

I just received a message when starting HM2 saying that a new NC version was available. So I downloaded it. It seemed to download fine.

I now notice a few hours later that all my definitions seem to have been duplicated. One of the definitions have values (total instances/total opportunities) and one has 0/0 presumably as a result of me not yet having run the generation process after the upgrade....

What I am missing/what is the easiest way to clean up the mess?

Thanks

No direction but to trust the final destination

No idea why it would happen. They're files though. The definition name is just the file name. Maybe restart hm2? Maybe delete some files?
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

The same issue here. I am running NC 2.5.0.26. After deleting the duplicate definitions and recreating notes using the correct ones I restarted HM2. After coming back to NC the same problem occured again. Moreover some of my inactive definitions became active for no reason at all.

Did you delete the file or did you delete it from NoteCaddy? Could you attach on of the definitions that's duplicating to this thread?
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

I ended up manually deleting all the duplicating definitions from within NC. I then re-ran note creation after having reset notes. Everything seems ok, I re-start HM2 and no duplicates any more, HOWEVER, when I start my HUD, many of the regs have no data displayed in the HUD (that is the HUD appears, but it shows '-' for all of the values for the player in question). This is the case for 4 out of 6 players in the HUD even though they are all regs. Very curious behaviour.

I am on 2.0.0.8175 of HM2. Very powerful machine so the issue is not that it takes HM2 time to pull the data from the database.

same problem here, also version 2.5.0.26

Default Example duplication definitions

3B_OOP_SB_vs_EPMP_w88-99.n2d.n2d

2.5.0.26 of NC. Shout if you are not able to look at these two definitions due to the way I uploaded them. Looks like the upload ended up a bit weird, not sure.

Anyways, these are an example of the original definition and one of the duplicate definitions that appeared. I pulled this from a backup that I took last night before I started removing the dupes manually.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tlukasha; 08-20-2014 at 07:11 AM.

duplicate definitions.png. Green frame: The definitions that went from inactive to active, red frame: Duplicate definitions
    I deleted it just from NC.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Horecak; 08-20-2014 at 07:10 AM.

This is just to say that after I manually deleted the definitions and re-generated the notes, I had a HUD issue where the data was not shown. However, following a reboot everythings seems to working fine....... obviously there is still a problem which generates the duplicates, but at least there is a relatively simple fix for now. Cheers

Thank you for uploading the definitions. From these I could figure it out. Please update to 2.5.0.27. You shouldn't have to delete any files or anything