update doesn't work

Default update doesn't work

once again another problem with hm2.

my hud is just not working since the pokerstars update and when i tried to install the next hm2 update my avast! didn't allow it. the installer stops shortly after it starts and tells me to redirect to the website in order to install manually - i click ok and the webpage is not available.

"Download failed. Error: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. Do you want to manually download the update file now?"

i am tired of these constant problems and of course your support team is very helpful, but that isn't the point. the point is the software should work as advertised and i shouldn't have to spam the support forum with issues.

i can't use an update link from the main website because that link doesnt work either.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDunne View Post
    [...]when i tried to install the next hm2 update my avast! didn't allow it. the installer stops shortly after it starts and tells me to redirect to the website in order to install manually - i click ok and the webpage is not available. [...] i can't use an update link from the main website because that link doesnt work either.
    If you Google Avast! website blocking you'll see that Avast! is well known for blocking legitimate websites
    If it detects a download it doesn't like [often a false positive], Avast! will block the download site & the user thinks there's a problem at the website end when in fact it is your Avast blocking that url
    Avast! doesn't let you know that it's blocking that website, if I recall correctly
    [This last statement is from memory since I have turned off website blocking long ago!]

In Avast! Web Shield Settings > Site Blocking...
    You probably have the "Enable site blocking" box checked & Avast! has decided to block you from the url you need

IF you feel you need "site blocking", then add the download url to the Avast exclusions list
    And I'm fairly sure that will give you access again

Or...

Right-click the Avast! icon in your notification area tray
    Avast! Shields Control > Disable for 10 minutes

I disable Avast! entirely through the notification area icon when updating HM2 & also when I play poker [I don't websurf & play poker at the same time though]

Hope this solves your problem