Tournament Report doesn't show "Net Winnings $" or "Net Winnings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tournament Report doesn't show "Net Winnings $" or "Net Winnings

Hi all,

I'm on HM 2.0.0.8175 (Registered Trial), PostgreSQL 8.4 tuned for performance, using Win 8.1 64-bit, i7-CPU, 8GB RAM.

I've just finished and won an MTT on iPoker. The poker room has credited my account with the correct amount in €.
    The complete tourney's history has been auto-imported to my HM, including the final hand.

The tabs Tournament Results and Tournaments have imported the tourney and its outcome correctly.
    The tab Tournament Winnings Graph registers the winning correctly.

But the column Net Winnings € of the tab Tournaments does not register the amount I've won.
    It does show Total Buy-in, Rake, Winnings, and $EV correctly though.
    This results in my Tournament Report showing a loss (sum of earlier buy-ins and rakes/fees of tournaments I have been eliminated "out of the money") instead of a profit.

I have tried adding the column Net Winnings $ to the report tab, because I thought that maybe there was a currency conversion problem ... the prize money was in USD and my account and HM run on EUR.
    To no avail.

Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the colum Net Winnings manually, as can be done with Game Type, Speed Type, Tables et cetera.

Is this a limitation of the trial version (that'd be weird), am I missing something, or is it a bug?

Thanks for your help.

Sites like Poker Stars, Full Tilt Poker and Pacific will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. If your site does not write summaries, or you experience any discrepancies with the results, you will need to manually edit the results via the Reports > Tournament > Tournaments > right-click > edit.

You may need to request and import any/all of your old tournament histories and import those to HM2. By default Stars do not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and be sure that HM2 has added the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...er+Stars+Setup

Email support@[yourpokersite].com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries may be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.
    Example of correct file:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...and+Histories+

If you continue to have problems, please zip and email the problem hand histories. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks for the response, Chris.

I'm on iPoker, not Pokerstars, but I guess the principle holds.

I'll ask for the hand histories and import them as instructed, then post the result here.

If there is an issue, please see the end - email some of the zipped hands to us.

Please zip and email the original hand history and tournament summaries (for Stars, FTP, and Pacific) files from c:/hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive. We do not need all of the hands, just a sample of the hands being effected.

files are zipped by right clicking - send to - compressed folder

For multiple files, copy to a folder, then zip them. Email to support@holdemmanager.com. If it is in reference to a thread, please link to the post directly. Right click the post # on the right, copy link.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris,

after lengthy discussion William Hill (part of the iPoker Network) has finally managed to send me hand histories for the two tournaments.

They came in .xml-format and were identical to the files stored in C:\HM2Archive\IPoker\2014\08\16 and ...\17 respectively.
    I have manually imported them into HM2, as I already did before with the originally archived files.

Both procedures resulted in a duplicate import without errors, as did the import from C:\HM2Archive earlier.
    I had the option "Force import of previously imported hands" checked.

I have also checked both files visually: they contain all necessary data, including amount won and currency.

The status is still the same: All colums of the Tournaments tab of the Reports>Tournament menu have been correctly filled in, with the exception of the columns Net Winnings €, Winnings, and $EV.
    The column Winnings has been filled in incorrectly with the USD amount, which I manually corrected to the corresponding amount in EUR.
    This resulted in the column $EV being auto-corrected when HM2 was restarted.

Unfortunately the column Net Winnings € cannot be edited manually, and still shows "0" for both tournaments.

It might be worthwhile mentioning that both tournaments won were Freerolls, without buy-in or rake.

Is there a way to directly edit the table cells of the database?

Cheers,
    kos
    Last edited by kos; 08-21-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typo correction

The report should edit.

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

See this for HM2 performance tips:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html

If you use Note Caddy, see this:

NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

What is your Windows culture and location? This is in Control Panel - Region & Language.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris,

the issue is not related to r/w permissions; this is made obvious by the fact that all data are auto-imported perfectly, with the expection of amounts won in tournaments.

Nevertheless I have rechecked the permissions for the relevant folders and have added the PostgreSQL User as well as "Everyone".

Without wanting to give the impression your advice and help is spurned: I'm an SAP Consultant well versed in the use of databases and IT-related applications. I'm also used to working with WAMP/LAMP servers and the applications coming with them (Apache, MySQL, phpMyAdmin). Basic advice regarding r/w permissions and running key .exe-files as administrator won't solve my issue.
    I have checked those basics before posting in this forum.

My guess is that either HM2 or PostgreSQL, for one reason or the other, are unable to process "amounts won in tournaments", or that the data contained in iPoker's tournament summaries is insufficient (although I have checked the .xml-files I have been sent by mail: they do contain the amount won).

Hence my question whether there is software for PostgreSQL similar to phpMyAdmin (which allows me to create MySQL tables and edit the raw data contained in them).
    This would enable me to simply manually fill the values directly in the appropriate cells of the PostgreSQL table servicing HM2 ... provided the data is saved in a form compatible with HM2, which is the main issue and the reason why I haven't simply checked for some application on PostgreSQL's website.

I have re-imported both tournaments again after having double checked the r/w permissions of the relevant folders and "run as administrator" settings for the relevant application files. The result has been as before: Duplicate files imported without error, and no change to the Net Winnings € column in the Tournaments Report.

So I'm still stuck.

Oh, P.S.: My Windows 8.1 is set to Language: English (UK); Date/Time/Number Formatting: German; Second Language: German; Display Language: Enabled.
    Since all functions of HM2 are performing perfectly, with the exception of the amounts won in tournaments, this should have no impact on the issue.
    Last edited by kos; 08-21-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo correction

We can not provide instructions for editing the database directly as we are not programmers and this is not something we want to spend developer's time on by asking them and generally do not want customers editing the database outside of the program. If this is in fact a bug in our software related to these hands we need you to send us the files so we can duplicate the problem and write a ticket for our developers to look at the problem and release an update to fix the problem.

Please zip up and email the problem hand histories with details of the issue you are experiencing or a link to the relevant thread and send it to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any hand history files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is too big to attach to an email please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

Hi Fozzy (and Chris),

never mind about editing the database. I have talked to a colleague who has worked with PostgreSQL before; he has provided me with the software needed.

The issue can be solved in another way, as I have found out: It seems HM2 has a problem assigning Winnings to tournaments which do not have a buy-in.
    Since both tournaments I finished "in the money" were Freerolls, the buy-in for both events was "0.00"; accordingly, even when manually writing "980.00" in the Winnings column, this amount was never processed to appear in the Net Winnings € column.

This is caused by HM2 reading the Buy-in cell of the database table line as "blank" instead of as "0.00".
    There are two ways of fixing this; you might want to forward this to your Development Team or The Bug Fixing Group (or however the guys who fine tune your product call themselves, hehe):
    1.) Configure PostgreSQL to actually assign the value "0.00" to cells which are being used to calculate values of other cells, and does not leave the cell blank. Many databases do this to minimize table sizes (which makes sense, of course); the disadvantage of this method is that those cells cannot be incorporated into calculating operations.
    2.) Configure HM2 to interpret database cells with value = None as value = 0.00; this will ensure that those cells can be used to calculate values of other cells.

Each of the two above solutions will work; since I do not know the way HM2 is set up to correspond with its underlying databases, I cannot say which method is more effective in terms of Performance/DatabaseSize ratio.
    Since option 2 would mean incorporating database-interpreting functions into a GUI (something which is not only cumbersome but usually isn't very effective, or elegant), I have only mentioned it because I do not know to which extent HM2 developers alter PostgreSQL to meet their needs. It should be considered a compromise solution.

For now, I'm using the following temporary solution, which works just fine:
    For Freeroll Tournaments in which I finish "in the money", I simply edit the Buy-in to be "0.02" instead of "0.00" (weirdly, "0.01" does not work, as HM2 changes it back to "0.00" after the application is restarted). Correspondingly, I add 2 cents to the amount I have won.
    This results (after the obligatory restart of HM2) in the correct calculation and filling in of the column Net Winnings €.
    Of course it slightly skews the $EV, as those 2 cents are erronously added there, but this is negligible.

However this only works for amounts won in EUR.
    When I used the same method for a tournament in which I had won an amount in USD, filling the EUR-amount into the Winnings column, HM2 strangely took this to be a USD-amount and converted it again, i.e. multiplied it with the exchange rate fixed in Settings > Currency Exchange Rates of HM2.
    This means that amounts won in USD have to be filled in the Winnings column in USD, as HM2 auto-converts them into EUR.
    At the same time, they must be altered in accordance with the current rate of exchange EUR/USD; this takes some trial and error (always followed by restarting HM2), until finally the correct amount in EUR is shown in the column Net Winnings €.

Okay, that was a lot of typing now.
    Chris or Fozzy, please forward the "Value = None" solution I described above to the appropriate department of your company.

At the same time, you now have a temporary work-around for the issue, which you can pass on to anybody encountering the same problem.

Cheers and have a good weekend.
    Last edited by kos; 08-22-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Thank you for the incredibly detailed write up. We would love to fix this if possible but we need you to send us a few hand histories as instructed in my previous post so we can duplicate it and write it up for the developers. We do not keep old customer hands and if we did it would be difficult to find some old free roll histories where someone cashed. We also want to have the most current hands possible whenever we write up a ticket for our developers.