PostgreSQL Issues - Beyond Frustrated with HEM!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PostgreSQL Issues - Beyond Frustrated with HEM!!!!

First of all I love this this product.... so much so that I purchased it when I rarely ever buy software.... it was working fine until about 3 days ago where it suddenly would not start and I would receive messages about not being able to connect to the database.

I tried sending in a support case through the site but I never got any confirmation and nobody has gotten back to me. I followed all the troubleshooting steps for the PostgreSQL Issues (including uninstalling and re-installing) and it still does not work!!! I have sent in several emails from their issue resolution prompts but nobody has gotten back to me.

I need to walk through this with someone to correct it. I basically feel ripped off at this point as I purchased software which I cannot use. Is there any way to talk to live a person???

Sorry but this is very frustrating to waste hours trying to troubleshoot and get assistance and feel like you are getting nowhere.

FYI I am in Windows 8.1 which a lot of the guided help doesn't show screen shots for.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

It looks like your emails are not coming thru for some reason. There are a bunch of failed messages for your email address.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL -http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Please see the following guides for postgres related issues.

For issues with postgres:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+#wont-install

To change your folder permissions:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

For help with Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems

Other security software:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

It looks like your emails are not coming thru for some reason. There are a bunch of failed messages for your email address.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL -http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Please see the following guides for postgres related issues.

For issues with postgres:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+#wont-install

To change your folder permissions:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

For help with Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems

Other security software:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29

I have done all of the above to no avail.... I am using Norton and Windows is up to date. I followed all the suggested steps and it will not work. I really need someone to look at this with me as the common fixes did not work. Otherwise I will need a refund. Is there anyone available for technical support?

I have done all this. I am using Norton, followed firewall directions and windows updates are all current.

I need someone from the support team to look at this with me. If I cannot figure this out I will need a refund. Is there someone in technical support that can help? I really feel ripped off if I cannot use the product I paid for...

Please try and uninstall norton completely as instructed above. It is known to cause many problems with HM2 and PostgreSQL.

If you continue to have problems:

Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a teamviewer session - GMT – Greenwich Mean Time

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please try and uninstall norton completely as instructed above. It is known to cause many problems with HM2 and PostgreSQL.

If you continue to have problems:

Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a teamviewer session - GMT – Greenwich Mean Time

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

I would like to keep Norton installed if possible. I did not know that having Norton would be an issue prior to purchasing this product. I can be available on Wednesday 8/13 after 6pm EST. What times are you available?

I would like to keep Norton installed. I did not know that this product would not work with Norton prior to purchasing it.

I can be available after 6pm EST on Wednesday 8/13. What availabilites does your support team have?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by romewashington View Post
    I have done all this. I am using Norton, followed firewall directions and windows updates are all current.

I need someone from the support team to look at this with me. If I cannot figure this out I will need a refund. Is there someone in technical support that can help? I really feel ripped off if I cannot use the product I paid for...
    You should feel ripped off by Norton and ask a refund from them. It's Norton that incorrectly blocks parts of HM2, there's nothing HM2 can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by HossendeHaai View Post
    You should feel ripped off by Norton and ask a refund from them. It's Norton that incorrectly blocks parts of HM2, there's nothing HM2 can do about that.

It does not say at any point during the purchase process that HEM will not work with Norton. Norton is a very common program a lot of machines have installed.

I would like to work with tech support on this before I consider re-installing a program that has servred me well for many years.

Banned

It's Norton that should say it won't work with HM2 really. Again, this is Norton's fault, not HM2's. Good antivirus software like MSE works fine with HM2.

FYI, a search result of 'Norton' and 'Problem' returns 141 million results. And while it might be somewhat common software for the average home PC it's known to cause issues when using your PC in any other way (i.e. for pokersoftware).

Don't mistake me for HM2 staff btw, just my 2c.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 08-11-2014 at 01:04 PM.