Antivirus/Firewall warnings for fastfold.dll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Antivirus/Firewall warnings for fastfold.dll

If you are getting a message that the fastfold.dll or PartyCommunicator.hm2 are a trojan/virus with the new release that is a false positive. The reason is we updated the files for this release and this often causes firewalls and antiviruses to be suspicious which is a good thing. We have submitted them to the most popular/common antivirus programs our customers use but it may take some time for them to be white-listed by those companies since we were in a rush to get this release out to you.

As long as you downloaded HM2 through the auto update or from a genuine link from one of our staff there is nothing to worry about. Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\holdemamanager.exe to your exceptions as well as all the .dll files from the list above and tell it to ignore it if you get a warning. Normally within a day or two the security software companies will approve it and the issue will go away.
    FAQs:
    How to set up HM2 for PokerStars Zoom
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rs+Zoom+Tables

How to set up HM2 for FullTilt Rush
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...lt+Rush+Tables

How to set up HM2 for PartyPoker FastForward
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Forward+Tables

How to set up HM2 for IPoker FastForward
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...r+Speed+Tables
    Last edited by fozzy71; 04-20-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: updated dll list
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

still hasn't being approve in 10 days ??

Quote Originally Posted by jenkulle View Post
    still hasn't being approve in 10 days ??
    Don't hold your breath while you wait. There are dozens of antivirus programs each with their own lists & they don't share information with each other. No antivirus provider cares about small or medium sized software development companies who have their programs & sites blocked by "false positives." You have to be Microsoft or Apple before they pay attention to correcting definition errors.

I already installed it, I was just referring to the original message that said 'normally' within a day or two security company will approve it ... now you tell us it's much longer because they don't care, so it's much different

Quote Originally Posted by jenkulle View Post
    the original message that said 'normally' within a day or two security company will approve it ... now you tell us it's much longer because they don't care, so it's much different
    I don't represent HM2 so it's just my opinion.
    [1] Dozens of AV programs are competing for the market
    [2] They don't sit down together one day & say "OK, boys we trust HM2 & the blitz.dll so let's update our definitions giving it a clean bill of health. So to say that a ".dll" will get approved in two days would depend on all AV companies agreeing - no such central authority representing the AV companies exists. In fact the truth is the opposite IObit [as an example] the Chinese software company have been stealing definitions etc off MBAM.
    [3] It's impossible for these companies to react to all software changes
    [4] They often rely on user reports that the virus is a "false negative" so a Microsoft product used by 30% PC users is going to be flagged as "false positive" long before a product used by < 0.001% PC users
    [5] This "approval" disappears the moment that .dll changes ~ if a later updated dll has the same name as the approved one but it is a different size... we are back to square one.
    [6] They "care" only if it effects sales. For some reason I don't understand a high proportion of AV users are loyal to one product despite any evidence that shows the product is garbage. They are "fans" . Weird.

In the software universe, online poker is very small, so it's not it would be with an Adobe, Microsoft update. We cannot control what they allow/block.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I removed both files ,
    Actually AVG removed the files
    Now what ???

Quote Originally Posted by piet51 View Post
    I removed both files ,
    Actually AVG removed the files
    Now what ???

Now speed poker on iPoker network is not working. I have same issue with avg and HM2

Run the update again: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

This will restore the two files.
    Set the files to the exceptions list of your antivirus software, so your antivirus software does not delete/quarantine those two files!.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Run the update again: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

This will restore the two files.
    Set the files to the exceptions list of your antivirus software, so your antivirus software does not delete/quarantine those two files!.
    I have McAfee and it quarantines Blitz.dll no matter what I try. Then I restore the file but as soon as I open HM2 it quarantines Blitz.dll again as an Artemis trojan. What do I do?