2.0.0.8165 Beta Release Feedback Thread - Merge/PKR fixes - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

- Please export your HUD's in HUD Options.

See this screenshot for exporting HUD's:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/exporthuds.PNG

- Then delete the prefs file in the config folder in*
    8/7/Vista: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...p+Instructions

Afterwards, please make sure that you update windows completely. Keep checking to make sure that there are no more updates, until it shows twice, five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

Try the default HUD.

- Import your HUD's again.

- Set your seating preferences to match the site's seating preferences.

If there is none:
    set it to "none"
    Open one table, make sure positions line up.
    Click settings on the table HUD on the table, find the HUD name, click Use for all

* You will need to show hidden and system files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+

See this screenshot for location in win 7 for the prefs files:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/prefs.PNG
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

any idea when we can use Hm2/HUd with Zoom again ?

Quote Originally Posted by kinneging View Post
    any idea when we can use Hm2/HUd with Zoom again ?
    We are aware that they are forcing the update now. If you feel you can't play without the HUD then the only thing I can suggest is playing non-Zoom tables until we have a fix for this released.

We don't give ETA's. Once we have a fix and have tested to make sure it works properly we will release a beta update for this issue. If you have the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [x] 'Prompt for beta updates' option enabled you will be notified when the next public beta is available and can read the release notes to see if this fix is included.​

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    We are aware that they are forcing the update now. If you feel you can't play without the HUD then the only thing I can suggest is playing non-Zoom tables until we have a fix for this released.

We don't give ETA's. Once we have a fix and have tested to make sure it works properly we will release a beta update for this issue. If you have the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [x] 'Prompt for beta updates' option enabled you will be notified when the next public beta is available and can read the release notes to see if this fix is included.​
    f*** Stars seriously.. they never used to force updates in the past and players always had flexibility over which version they wanted to use and could roll back to an earlier version if the newest update broke the HUD. This is seriously pissing me off..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalineJ84 View Post
    f*** Stars seriously.. they never used to force updates in the past and players always had flexibility over which version they wanted to use and could roll back to an earlier version if the newest update broke the HUD. This is seriously pissing me off..
    This isn't true, they frequently force update... I think it's if your client is too many versions out of date.

To be honest, I'm more upset with HM2, this kind of issue should get a much higher priority and receive a hotfix... With how often the Zoom hud gets broken, I would have thought they are used to dealing with this.

Of course, to be fair, I dont actually know what the problem is, and it's entirely possible it's a different issue this time and taking more time to fix for them. So in the end not really mad at anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TianYuan View Post
    This isn't true, they frequently force update... I think it's if your client is too many versions out of date.
    No my Stars6 client used to be out of date all the time in 2013 cos the update server was blocked by my ISP and I would have to visit the Stars website if I wanted the latest version. Nowadays once Stars pushes a new version they force update any old client versions. I've been keeping track of the Star6 & 7 Software Dev Threads on 2+2 and apparently this is all in line with their plans to migrate Stars6 users into the new Stars7 client. In my experience the frequent force updates only started recently and I can't wait till they settle down on a stable version of the client so we can finally get a semi-permanent fix to the HUD.

To be honest, I'm more upset with HM2, this kind of issue should get a much higher priority and receive a hotfix... With how often the Zoom hud gets broken, I would have thought they are used to dealing with this
    From past experience hotfixes to any part of HEM2 usually breaks something else so IMHO it's better to wait for things to stabilise on Star's end before the devs try to fix the HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalineJ84 View Post
    No my Stars6 client used to be out of date all the time in 2013 cos the update server was blocked by my ISP and I would have to visit the Stars website if I wanted the latest version. Nowadays once Stars pushes a new version they force update any old client versions. I've been keeping track of the Star6 & 7 Software Dev Threads on 2+2 and apparently this is all in line with their plans to migrate Stars6 users into the new Stars7 client. In my experience the frequent force updates only started recently and I can't wait till they settle down on a stable version of the client so we can finally get a semi-permanent fix to the HUD.

From past experience hotfixes to any part of HEM2 usually breaks something else so IMHO it's better to wait for things to stabilise on Star's end before the devs try to fix the HUD.
    Fair enough, I'm terrible with perception of time so I probably misjudged how long I've been getting the force update message for...

why dont you create an emergency fix that can be used in times the hud is broken? its so easy, even i did it in an afternoon almost ten years ago. you just determine (or user-request) the seat positions and read the playername color pixel by pixel from left to right to get a unique hashlike result like 495u405u. if you know the font and size that is used on the table you can now create those hashes from all known zoom players automaticly. if you cant do that you can let the user teach the software who is who by making a screenshot of all scanned regions and letting the user associate the right players from a list of the remaining/unknown zoom participants. but im pretty sure you dont even need to do that, because there is enough software that can read text from images. in this case you even dont need to know the text but only which screenname it matches the best. we are talking about a player pool of maximum 500 people.

if you cant fix it quickly, have an emergency fix that is unbreakable.

i think we are in serious trouble. it takes too long. im pretty sure HM2 will not support zoom anymore...

@Getitdone: TableScanner experimented with OCR (optical character recognition).
    It was extremely unreliable. It would work if a player was named "getitdone" or "Patvs", but many players on PokerStars use:
    !@#$%^&*( and ¥¤£¢¡ÃÇÊÌÖÕîæåäûĐ symbols in their names.

So there currently are no plans to use OCR, or to implement a backup system (where you can manually select players from a list).

--

@r0k (@getitdone r0k vs rOk is an example of a name OCR can screw up. When it does the database will have stats on two players r0k and rOk)

HM2 will still support Zoom. The developer is currently working on the .dll file.
    (with some luck the same file will also work for HM1)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here