Computer run slowly with HM2

Default Computer run slowly with HM2

Hi, a few days ago my computer goes too slowly when i play a sesion. I try to find the problem and i find that itīs because HM2 (the proccess usually get minimum 1,5GB or 2GB of my RAM memory and 3GB or 4GB for moments).

So i decided to clean the database (48gb),. I purge a lot of hands (every hand befores march of this year). In the database info i have 48gb before the purge (itīs that normal?).

I make full vacuum and do the "tunning" but the problem persist. A weeks ago a friend has the same problem...finally he create a new database and the problem disapear, but i donīt wanna create a new database

is there any alternative solution?

Thanks!

How much RAM does your computer have?
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn User Account Control on or off - Windows Help

---

Are you using NoteCaddy?

Go over:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have 12GB of RAM

I Have Avast aantivirus, windows is updated and i only have firewall of windows. I add the exceptions, run as admin, etc...that you say but the problem persist

I use note caddy, but i didnīt do any change and everything works well on before monday.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

How many million of hands are in your database?
    In other words of the 48 GB, how much of it are hands (1 million hands HM2: 4.3 GB), the rest is NoteCaddy?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hi, finally i have to clean my database and now it goes well. But there is a question that its wrong now:

The hud with the info of the table (the hud i have and the last two hands i play) doesnīt works for Fulltilt (it works perfect for ipoker and party). HM read and save the hands of FTP well and the rest of things of the HUD works perfect. What can i do?

Are you playing Rush on Full Tilt?

For regular cash games: hud settings--> general settings--> select the HUD you use on Full Tilt first in the top left. Then set the last hand winners to 2-3.

For Rush, it's normal the last 2-3 hands info does not appear at the table.

Yes i play rush. But i play rush during the last 4 months and ALWAYS show the last 2 hands (the config itīs ok, and work for the other sites). What can i do? itīs important to me to mark hands

Thanks

I can confirm the last 2-3 hands in Rush stopped working.
    (it's working at regular cashgame tables)

We had a 'fixed' bugticket on this issue. I'm not sure if a recent Full Tilt update broke it again.
    I've reopened the bugticket on this HM-7159.

Hi...only two weeks ago that i delete the database and create a new the same problem appears again! the computer run slowly and i canīt play. The new database is only 9gb and a few days ago the hm2 works very good...what can i do? i donīt want to delete the database again to have the same problem in a few days ago.

I Have the last version of HM2, windows is updated and i only have firewall of windows. I add the exceptions, run as admin, POSTGRES 9.X and all the similar things.