Open Shove Stat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Shove Stat

Default Open Shove Stat

Hello,

I'd like to suggest to add Open Shove stat for EP, MP, CO, BTN and SP positions.
    Using the existing Open Shove stats ("EP Open Shove 1-8bb UOP", "MP Open Shove 1-8bb UOP" etc.) is too complicated since there are too many possibilities : 1-8bb, 9-14bb, 15-25bb etc. for EP, MP, CO, BTN and SP positions. It's impossible to integrate all these stats. Instead, if HM2 integrates a simple "Open Shove" stat for the 5 positions (EP, MP, CO, BTN and SP), one could use it with the tournament filters (by stack size and by number of players) and have easily all the information related to the push frequency.

Thank you
    Last edited by iampetar; 06-17-2014 at 05:24 PM.

The reason we break it down is that a shove for <8bb is a lot different than one for 50bb.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I understand that. What I am trying to tell you is that there is no need to have the <8bb stat, since you can use instead the tournament filters and filter by stack size: 1-3bb, 4-6bb, 7-9bb etc. Why is this better? Here is an example:

You are in the BB and you want to know the push frequency of the SB when the pot is unopened. With the existing 'open shove' stats you need to put on your HUD the following stats:
    -SB Open Shove 1-8bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 9-14bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 15-25bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 26-50bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 51-75bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 76+bb UOP

If there was a 'SB Open Shove' stat in HM2, one could use the tournament filters and the stat will be automatically displayed for the current stack size

In this example we use 1 stat and not 6

What if you want to see the push frequency of all positions: you would need 30 stats (5 positions x 6 stack ranges).

If HM2 integrates 'SB Open Shove', 'BTN Open Shove', 'CO Open Shove', 'MP Open Shove' and 'EP Open Shove', one will need only 5 stats in order to have the full picture of the players push frequency

I hope I was more clear this time

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thank you,
    Can you tell me how can I know what your decision is

I have forwarded this to our stat guy - Random, who is currently away.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Have you any news?

I am sorry for the delay in reply. He is not online right now but I have asked him to take a look at this thread next time he is online.

We had a ticket for this request:

HM-6059: HUD Stats Request: Positional Shove Stats

This particular portion of the request was closed as 'will not fix' by the developers for the following reason:

I'm not sure that there is any real value to this since without stack size, there is no real context to the situation. Not added.

It is true that there is no real value to have positional shove stats without stack size but once again: the stack size is taken into account by using Tournament Filters in the HUD settings.

Having a Positional Shove Stats is very important especially for Turbo and Hyper Turbo Tournaments. The existing Open Shove stats are very heavy and difficult for a practical use. I will copy the example I gave earlier:

You are in the BB and you want to know the push frequency of the SB when the pot is unopened. With the existing 'open shove' stats you need to put on your HUD the following stats:
    -SB Open Shove 1-8bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 9-14bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 15-25bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 26-50bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 51-75bb UOP
    -SB Open Shove 76+bb UOP

That makes 6 stats for only 1 piece of information.

If there was a 'SB Open Shove' stat in HM2, one could use the tournament filters and the stat will be automatically displayed for the opponents current stack size (for example 13-20 bb)

Here we would use 1 stat and not 6.

What if you want to see the push frequency of all positions: you would need 30 stats (5 positions x 6 stack ranges).

If HM2 integrates 'SB Open Shove', 'BTN Open Shove', 'CO Open Shove', 'MP Open Shove' and 'EP Open Shove', one will need only 5 stats in order to have the full picture of the players push frequency