Net EV won vs EV won in MTTs

Default Net EV won vs EV won in MTTs

Is this stat useful at all for MTT play? I cant get my head around it, like right now.... I have had a really bad sessions, so I check that stat and it shows something like this ( click Active session then Tournamant)

Net won (in green on left) 5500

EV Net won 110,000

Does this mean I am running 2000% below EV? Or is this stat basically meaningless? Due to the nature of winning flips with large and small stacks etc? There seems like their can be a lot of variables

EV is useless for MTTs

Quote Originally Posted by ro0tseven View Post
    EV is useless for MTTs
    correct

Luck Adjusted Winnings compares the change in the equity you have at the beginning of a hand with the end of the hand.
    It only is calculated for hands where an all-in situation (before the river) takes place. And only can be calculated for single table tournaments.

Example:
    $10 husng -->50% flip--> it works something like this

1500 vs 1500 chips:.

You win the SNG 50% of the time--> and your equity will be $20 (EV Diff = -$10) but 50% of the time you lose and your equity is $0. (EV Diff = +$10)

You Luck Adjusted Winnings will be the SUM of all the EV Diffs + your final equity.

Your final equity will be either $20 (if you win) or $0 (if you lose)
    So in this example (1500 vs 1500 chips) the luck adjusted winnings will always be +$10 (no matter if you win or lose)

----

2500 (hero) vs 500 chips:
    -->50% coinflip

This time you win the SNG 50% of the time--> and your equity will be $20
    but 50% of the time you lose and you will have 2000 chips and your opponent will have 1000 chips.

1500 chips are worth $10 in equity, so when you lose the hand your equity will be $13.33

So your EV is 50% * $20 + 50% * $13.33 = $16.66
    Therefore if you WIN the hand--> and your equity is $20 (the EV Diff will be -$3.33) and if you LOSE--> your equity will be $13.33 (EV Diff = +$3.33)

----

Also watch EV video at: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained

Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ituations.html

tx bu not sure I understand. why is it useless? Isnt it still giving me net results in relation to my equity when I went allin? so I can see when im running bad when allin?

I believe the cEV (Chip EV) will still work on a by hand basis but the $EV (aka LAW line in the graph) will not work. To see the Chip EV in a graph you would need to use the hand grid graph popout that graphs by hands instead of the tournament winnings graph that graphs by tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by RageTiltSnap View Post
    tx bu not sure I understand. why is it useless? Isnt it still giving me net results in relation to my equity when I went allin? so I can see when im running bad when allin?

The cEV doesn't take the blinds level into account.

So if you win AK vs QQ early in a game (doubling up from 1500--> to 3000 chips).
    Then very late in the game (in a big MTT) you lose with QQ vs AK (losing 100.000 chips).

The cEV graph will show you you're running 48.500 chips below EV, which is not a fair representation of your 'luck' in this tournament.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here