Disappearing hand histories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disappearing hand histories

Just installed HM and it seems to be working quite well.

One question: When HM imports a hand history it seems to delete the original HH file, is there a way to stop this? I'd like to keep the HH files for import into other programs. Yes, I noticed that I can export them from the database, but I'd like to avoid this extra step if possible.

A related issue is that HM seems to be deleting my PLO hand histories too?! I know HM doesn't do Omaha, but I want to keep those HH files, why is it deleting them? Can I stop this somehow? I often play PLO and NLHE simultaneously, so I don't want to turn off auto importing.

Thanks!

Please try this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...te1.07beta.exe then you can increase the amount of time before it moves the hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=175
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hm don't delete your hand, they are just moved/archived.

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    Hm don't delete your hand, they are just moved/archived.
    Oh good! Where do they get moved to? I never set an archive folder (that I know of) and I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lok9 View Post
    Oh good! Where do they get moved to? I never set an archive folder (that I know of) and I can't find it.
    Mmm, generally here C:\HMArchive
    The first time you load HM, it's automatically created, but you can modify it here: "Options => Configure Auto Import Folders"

Ah! There it is. Odd place for it.

Thanks.

So when I go to the archive folders, it looks like one complete HH has been broken up into a bunch of smaller HHs. Am I looking in the right place? If so, I really don't like this option because I like to go back and look at full HHs to put them in other branded replayers to share with friends.

If i change the archival time to something like 30240 minutes (3 weeks) am I screwing up performance?

Quote Originally Posted by d_lomanto View Post
    So when I go to the archive folders, it looks like one complete HH has been broken up into a bunch of smaller HHs. Am I looking in the right place? If so, I really don't like this option because I like to go back and look at full HHs to put them in other branded replayers to share with friends.

If i change the archival time to something like 30240 minutes (3 weeks) am I screwing up performance?
    Yes, it can cause a lot of trouble depending on which room you play.

Having a lot of files is also dependent of the room.

Nevertheless I have perhaps a solution for your request.

Go to the "Sessions" -tab in HM after your session
    Select the session you want
    Choose "All" instead of "Last 100" to display all hands for the session
    Right-click in your hands and choose "Export All Hands to Hard Drive"

You will find one file with all yours original hands for the session in the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ExportedHands

Works?

Unfortunately I play mostly MTTs so that doesn't work...I've decided to have it wait 3 weeks before archiving....will that cause any performance issues?

It depends on how many hands you play but 3 weeks is likely to cause problems 1-3 days may suit better unless you play a small amount of hands
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.