aja dinamic and requirement hardware windows server 2012

Default aja dinamic and requirement hardware windows server 2012

hi a month ago i bought thys system in order to run aja dinamic , the notecaddy package from a.j.

my system is a lenovo server with xeon 2,2 ghz 12 core 32 gb ram ssd samsung and i i installed windows server 2012 as the idea was to use it for 2 players.

now its more than one months that im trying to make it work and the performance i get are very bad compared to all the money i spent in this hardware.

before i tryied to install vm ware in order to make two machine win 7 one for each user , but the performance where so bad.

now i have windows server installed directely on the server , i did all the optimization possible following the performance guide of the package , and i am running around 1620 definition in notecaddy, but the speed is barely 30 h/s for notedaddy and around 300 h/s if i import hand in hem2.

i tryed for small db around 1 and after 2 mil hand, but performance are still so bad .

i know that the package have been tested on intel i7 4 core 16 gb ram and ssd and was reaching 50 h/s

so may be possible that hem2 or nc are not well optimized to work on windows server ?

cause i can't give me a reason for those low performance on my system. you can imagine how tilting is to see the system freeze, or taking ages to load the badges, loading just for some players , and im just talking about the replayer cause i cant use it on game.

maybe it was better if i bought just a normal powerful workstation? i bougjht this to be able to use it for two players and i am not able to use it just form me..

please give me some clue im going crazy.

A funny thing is that i'm used to play with a imac 27 i 3 quad core 16 gb ram ssd using around 600 definition in notecaddy and when it work on definitions the speed is around 40-50 h/s but when i open the performance i see that the cpu is almost all used and also the ram is almost all used .

in my new system running 1620 def,when i create notes the cpu is used often around 20 % and also the usage of the ram is so low , like if i have the power but i cant use it .

I don't think that the 12-Core Xeon @ 2.2 GHz was a good choice and wonder who was giving you the poor advice to go for it. There are Xeons out there which would fit your needs....but there we are talking about CPUs in the range of 5-10k EUR. You would have imo better invested your money in an I7 4960X. Your Xeon has a way worser single-threaded performance than an I7 and a very low clock-speed. Best you can do is to try to sell yours without losing too much money and go for the I7 4960X and if this doesn't do the trick you can still overclock it.

Just to give you something to compare:
    my I7 4770 (4 cores @ 3.4 GHz) handles 1.700 definitions without poblems, HUD comes instantly after the first hand (tested with up to 5.000.000 hero-hands in the database)
    Last edited by karstenkloss; 06-11-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: googled prices......was obv a little bit off

ok i will really think about it. ty

No direction but to trust the final destination

I am not an expert on windows server/xeon but I noticed the same thing when developing NC cloud. What I ended up doing is putting it to use more cores for processing than NC would allow. It didn't make much difference. I think the OS itself has mechanisms in place to ensure that no single process can use too many resources. This is evidenced by your statement that the CPU utilization is not maxed out. NC for sure can max out any CPU if nothing gets in the way
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)