HUD not displaying

Default HUD not displaying

Hello,

Well ... now I don't get any HUD display on HM. Coincidentally, I just installed PokerTracker 3 and have imported some hands into the PT3 default postgreSQL database (which, by the way, went poorly. See below if you want to hear mor.) Before I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out why my HM HUD no longer displays, does any know

Why is my HUD not displaying anything?

I'm running Windows XP, HM 1.07.01, PostgreSQL 8.3 and .NET Framework 3.5.

Read on only if you want to hear about my initial experience with PokerTracker3. Here's what I wrote and their response. I'm beginning to think that all this time I'm spending on poker tracking could be better spent elsewhere...

I've been having problems with HM crashing, so I thought I'd give PT3 a test drive. After installing and manually importing some hands, I contacted their Support through their Forum to report very slow hand importing & extremely slow database housekeeping.

Re: Sloooow manual import and housekeeping

Housekeeping/Clustering has run for nearly 14 hours now! At around 5 hours I tried cancelling, but got the PT3 pop-up message that the process would cancel after it was completed (I turned my Internet Security & back-up programs back on; doesn't seem to make a difference.), so I left it running overnght. It's been Housekeeping for over 14 hours!!! That's crazy.

I tried to look at my database through pgAdmin to get an idea of how large it was, but couldn't get logged on, probably because the database is Clustering. I'm guessing I currently have approx. 400K hands in this database.

I'm skeptical that Performance Tuning my postgreSQL will significantly improve import/housekeeping speed. The reason is that I've used PT2, Hold'em Manager and another tracking programs over the past couple of years; they all process hand histories much more quickly using the same or less robust database programs. I broke up this initial PT3 importing session into several folders of hand histories to control and monitor processing. The very first folder contained just 60K to 70K hands; it took approx. 30 minutes with housekeeping invoked. Import speeds were as slow as 5 to 10 h/s at times. Then, the housekeeping process immediately after importing took up about 1/2 the elapsed time (15 of the 30 mins.) This is very slow. I'm currently testing Hold'em Manager. Processing of hand histories and housekeeping is much faster.

I want to cancel the ongoing (over 14 hours) Housekeeping/Clustering so that I can get on with evaluating PT3 and playing some poker . So, my questions are...

1) How do I stop/cancel the Housekeeping/Clustering process without corrupting/damaging my database?

2) Where is the database physically located (what is the path on a typical/default install?) so that I may back it up?

3) Besides the Performance Tuning FAQ you mentioned, are there any other steps/changes I should make to my computer set up to improve performance?

fly fisher
    Re: Sloooow manual import and housekeeping

Postby kraada on 11 Dec 2008 03:59
    For a database that small 14 hours is significantly longer than it should be taking.

The cluster can be safely killed by pressing ctrl+alt+del and clicking Task manager, then go to the Processes tab and end the PokerTracker process. That will end the cluster as well.

The performance tuning in the PostgreSQL post can always be undone by changing the settings back so there's little downside to giving it a try (other than wasting a little bit of time).

For a walkthrough on how to back up a PT3 database please see this post.

And there isn't much else that can be done (you are doing Manual Imports right?), other than things like getting a new secondary hard drive and dedicating it to hosting the database.

Are these hands directly from the original hand histories written by the poker client? There was an issue early on in development where people got extremely slow import times when the hand histories were jumbled up containing hands from several sessions mixed together into the same file.

If you answer these questions then ill be able to quickly find out where the problem is:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=174
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
    v 1.07.01

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
    Full Tilt. Don't know if it happens on PokerStars, haven't tried it.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
    Uhhhh.... I haven't changed any settings and it was working yesterday.

4) Are the Hand Histories showing up in the correct Folder?
    Yes, I believe so.

4a) If Not, have you checked the lobby settings to see that their saving the hand historys and also that their saving them to the same location as youve setup in the auto import folders?

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
    Yes.

6) Have You Tried the Table Manager and did it work?
    Table Manager appeared but never recognized a table.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
    Yes.

ops.

Just tried it again and it's working. I have HUD.

Thanks,
    fly fisher

Thats the solution i was going to suggest
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.