NinjaVision Feature Requests, etc - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat View Post
    John,
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have 2 profiler.log files which I sent to Denise and no zip files except for regular TN2 logs. I do have a profile.dtp file though. Do you want me to send that?
    Hi Ray,

Awesome! If you have a profile.dtp file, please send it on skype to Denise. I believe that should be all we need - but I will get back to you after I've looked at it.

Best,
    John

sending the profile.dtp file to denise now...hopefully it will contain all of the info...the first session was the best one for seeing the lag but TN2 crashed during the profiling...the lag was not too bad though with the "all tables" dock and I was over 20 tables but it did get bad when using the "action" dock alone...I did try both the "action" and "involved" docks at the same time for a little while but then exited the "involved" dock

Administrator

I have to say that the "all tables" dock was working better than I have seen it. At 20+ tables, there was a slight lag here and there but nothing significant (usually). However, the dock that I want to utilize the most (tables that have action) was lagging very, very badly (but better than before) and I was just running it by itself. I was using "all tables" most of the time and then I would exit and use the action dock.
    Hi Ray,

Many thanks for the profiling file!

1a. The profiling file is perfect! I'm still analyzing it, I should be doing a few more improvements on speed based on it
    1b. There was a but in our profiling code, which I fixed - so I believe next profiling sessions should work smoothly
    2. I think I was right on the money with my last optimization - since as you say also, "All Tables" dock is much better
    3. About "tables that have action" - we will look into improving that - did you test this while profiling? I need to know in order to optimize that.
    4. About "tables that have action" - you said "I was just running it by itself" - could you please clarify that a bit?

Best,
    John

no problem! my last few posts since we started the profiling were about my experiences while profiling. I just hope the information made it into that profile.dtp file.

3. yes, i did test it while profiling that was when the most severe lags occurred.
    4. i mean i didn't have any other docks open while i was using it or at least 95% of the time that was the only dock that was open when it was open (that, is i closed the rest of the docks).
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-20-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Administrator

no problem! my last few posts since we started the profiling were about my experiences while profiling. I just hope the information made it into that profile.dtp file.

3. yes, i did test it while profiling that was when the most severe lags occurred.
    4. i mean i didn't have any other docks open while i was using it or at least 95% of the time that was the only dock that was open when it was open (that, is i closed the rest of the docks).
    Awesome, will take that into account!

Best,
    John

thanks!

Administrator

thanks!
    Sure thing

More info: turns out that the "problem" is your video card - when we dim the ninjavision tiles (making them a bit on the color of the border - like, when it's your turn, it becomes a bit redder, and such).
    On my video card, that is very fast - but dimming the ninjavision tiles does take a lot of video card processing power.

What I can do is this: allow you to turn off dimming, but in this case you need to have the dock not intersect with other windows (so that you can see the border, in order to know which tables have action).
    I think this will make ninjavision work like a rocket :P

Best,
    John

Wow, yep that is what you said before and that is what I figured. I was just saying that to Denise earlier yesterday and I think it is mainly because I am using it to drive a 2560x1600 display which uses up a lot more graphics card resources. Sounds great to me! And you think that I should have no problem with the "action" dock anymore then either (after this tweak obviously)? Instead of just dimming, do you think whiting out of tables where I have folded would work better? That is really what I want to do so there is just an empty space there (basically shut off all of the graphics of that table in the dock). Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-20-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Administrator

Wow, yep that is what you said before and that is what I figured. I was just saying that to Denise earlier yesterday and I think it is mainly because I am using it to drive a 2560x1600 display which uses up a lot more graphics card resources. Sounds great to me! And you think that I should have no problem with the "action" dock anymore then either (after this tweak obviously)? Instead of just dimming, do you think whiting out of tables where I have folded would work better? That is really what I want to do so there is just an empty space there (basically shut off all of the graphics of that table in the dock). Thanks again.
    Hi Ray,

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...date2.3.61.msi
    Please note that we have not marked it yet as beta - since we need to test it a bit more.
    However, here are the ones that interest you:

Setup tab:
    >> Scrape "Is Player Turn" on a dedicated Thread (I think you already have this turned on)
    >> Update Layout of Tables on dedicated tread ---------- you should turn this on
    >> Run Ninja Vision on dedicated thread (turned on by default)

and Table Control >> NinjaVision
    Opacity combo box: choose another option than "On top of Ninjavison tiles"

Best,
    John

Thank you, sir, and have a great weekend