NinjaVision Feature Requests, etc - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Hi Ray,

1. About the "waiting for first hand to finish" . This is strange - do you remember anything about those tables' names? Namely, this can only happen if I can't find the hand history for that given table. Perhaps they were Euro tables, or who knows?

2. How to temporarily disable Microsoft Security Essentials | PCWorld Please try to temporarily disable MSE, and see if this will have TN2 run better - either way, please send the logs afterwards.

Best,
    John

#1 I believe it happen on regular USD tables that I was playing on before and it definitely happened on play money but I am like 75% certain that it happened on regular USD tables, too.

#2 Thanks but like I said before I have no real-time protection running on my computer and never have. I looked at those directions and checked Microsoft Security Essentials again and it is still off.

I almost forgot I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who just recently built a $2k+ gaming desktop and he said everything is blazing fast on it but he was even experiencing decent lags when he tested out TN2 about a month or so ago. He said he followed all the advice (antivirus, etc, etc) and he might even have done TV session (I know he had some personalized help of some sorts) and he went back to TN1.

Thanks again.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat View Post
    #1 I believe it happen on regular USD tables that I was playing on before and it definitely happened on play money but I am like 75% certain that it happened on regular USD tables, too.

#2 Thanks but like I said before I have no real-time protection running on my computer and never have. I looked at those directions and checked Microsoft Security Essentials again and it is still off.

I almost forgot I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who just recently built a $2k+ gaming desktop and he said everything is blazing fast on it but he was even experiencing decent lags when he tested out TN2 about a month or so ago. He said he followed all the advice (antivirus, etc, etc) and he might even have done TV session (I know he had some personalized help of some sorts) and he went back to TN1.

Thanks again.
    Hi Ray,

1. I will look into it a bit more - it's very likely nothing complicated to fix as soon as I find the table name.

2. Please hold off on testing for a bit. It's clearly that there's some program(s) that is blocking TN2's access to either hand history files and/or the screen - we have optimized it a LOT in the last months, so on thousands of machines it works really fast. I could of course ask you to stop most of your applications, retest, etc. - it would be a very complicated and slow process, and we still might not get to the bottom of the issue. Long story short, we want to do a bit of profiling, to see where is the bottleneck on TN2 on your machine, and optimize that. I'm working with Denise to set this up - it's not an easy process, so it might take a bit until we're ready on our end - hopefully, by Thus. I will keep you posted.

3. About your friend - it would be awesome if we could do the same on your friend's machine as well - if he would be ok with that. Either way, if he still has the logs, we'd like to take a look at those too. Thanks!

Best,
    John

#2 Sounds good, I want to do a little more with just the all tables dock, etc so I will probably send you one last log and I will describe what I did

#3 Yeah I was thinking about that too...he lives in the same complex...he just keeps very different hours than me (actually the complete opposite, haha) and usually plays all the time...hopefully I can work something out with him at some point though...

thanks

Administrator

#2 Sounds good, I want to do a little more with just the all tables dock, etc so I will probably send you one last log and I will describe what I did

#3 Yeah I was thinking about that too...he lives in the same complex...he just keeps very different hours than me (actually the complete opposite, haha) and usually plays all the time...hopefully I can work something out with him at some point though...

thanks
    Hi Ray,

We're pretty close with setting up profiling on our end. You should hear from us soon

Best,
    John

Thanks, John, just let me know. I just installed 2.3.43.0 and the zoom is getting better. I got it to work all the way down to 40% now but below that, it doesn't. The docks disappear and don't re-appear and I get an error message (the same one as before) the next time I log in.

Also, is there any way to change the installer so the TN2 icon remains the same after each install? I have to replace the icon in my start menu frequently (after updates) because I get a "parameter is incorrect" error message.

One last thing, I started having lags with HM2 recently (sometimes) also so maybe the 2 lag issues are related or caused by the same thing. It certainly is strange. It also happens when there are a decent number of system resources available. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-14-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Hi,

I will forward this to the lead developer and he will assist you, Also please note that we released a new build 2.3.52 and added some improvements that speed things up a bit. Please give it a go and let us know how it goes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

Administrator

Thanks, John, just let me know. I just installed 2.3.43.0 and the zoom is getting better. I got it to work all the way down to 40% now but below that, it doesn't. The docks disappear and don't re-appear and I get an error message (the same one as before) the next time I log in.

Also, is there any way to change the installer so the TN2 icon remains the same after each install? I have to replace the icon in my start menu frequently (after updates) because I get a "parameter is incorrect" error message.

One last thing, I started having lags with HM2 recently (sometimes) also so maybe the 2 lag issues are related or caused by the same thing. It certainly is strange. It also happens when there are a decent number of system resources available. Thanks again.
    Hi Ray,

1. The latest (2.3.52.0) might have already solved your lag issues.
    2. We're very close to allowing profiling in case that doesn't solve the lag. So just in case it's not working, by tomorrow, I believe we should have a way to profile.

Best,
    John

Thanks and thanks! I will give it another shot today. Just opened TN2 and it installed 2.3.53.0 so I guess I will be giving that a try...
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-18-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Hi guys,
    Trying out 2.3.53.0 right now and one thing I noticed was that I cannot resize the docks anymore. The "Resize" button does nothing for me and I have tried various things to get it to work. I really loved the way it was before when you had the option to see the regular window around the docks and could resize them from any corner. Please bring this back! Thanks.