NinjaVision Feature Requests, etc - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat View Post
    Thanks, yep added in every way possible (PS7 and 6 and everything from your instructions plus extra folders). I did that a long time ago. It was one of the first things I did after first creating this thread. Also, I have no real-time protection setup for any of my antivirus apps. I only run manual scans every so often. Thanks again...
    Hi Ray,

It's weird that you run into those issues. I will analyze the logs more through - see if I can find anything.
    I just played 16 tables with those 3 docks open - they run amazingly fast.

Best,
    John

I greatly appreciate that...hopefully all the info is in there because I think I killed TN2 through the task manager both times because I was timing out on all my tables. Maybe it is something with my computer. Everything else seems to run fine on it though.

Administrator

I greatly appreciate that...hopefully all the info is in there because I think I killed TN2 through the task manager both times because I was timing out on all my tables. Maybe it is something with my computer. Everything else seems to run fine on it though.
    Can you please try it - once, just with the "All Tables" dock (the others closed)?
    Open 10-15 play money tables and see if things run smoothly.

How old is your computer? How much RAM do you have? Also, I see that you have 1Gb of video - is that correct?

Best,
    John

I think i am capped at 6 play money tables on stars...I think I got a message when I was trying to open more. I guess I could do it on stars and full tilt at the same time.

It is exactly 4 years old but the retail price on it was like $2.5k+ and it was dell's highly rated top-of-the-line laptop at the time with intel's top (before extreme) mobile i7 processor. It has 8gb of RAM. Yeah, 1GB of VRAM sounds right-I know it was either 1 or 2. It works fine for everything. The only problems I have had with it were TN2 last year when it first came out and TN2 this year with the NinjaVision. However, I know it is getting old and I will be getting a new computer by the end of the year. I am just waiting for the Asus Zenbook NX500 to come out or the refresh of the Macbook Pro this fall (or the rumored one). tyty
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-09-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Administrator

It is a bit old
    Do you remember who's the producer of the graphic card? If it gets sluggish at 15 tables or less, I think it's either the graphic card, or the video card drivers - because NinjaVision does ask quite a bit from it. Does your card have any acceleration? Please note that when I ran your test (3 docks), even if all of them were full (close to 40 tiles), it still ran very very fast.

Best,
    John

Hey,
    It is AND/ATI. I think it does have acceleration (I believe...it is called overdrive). Should I have it on or off? Seems like I should have it on but sometimes in these cases I know it is sometimes the opposite. It has the most up-to-date drivers on it so not going to be able to tweak that unfortunately. gracias
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-09-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Administrator

Hey,
    It is AND/ATI. I think it does have acceleration (I believe...it is called overdrive). Should I have it on or off? Seems like I should have it on but sometimes in these cases I know it is sometimes the opposite. It has the most up-to-date drivers on it so not going to be able to tweak that unfortunately. gracias
    Whichever works faster

Please note that for the "All Tables" dock, you can simply open a lot of tables (say, 15), and not play them - they will still be shown. See if you have lag issues while just observing a few tables.

Best,
    John

John,
    I put up 14 tables (just observing). The first thing I noticed was that 4 of them never came up in the All Tables dock. They all said "Waiting for first hand to finish at X" which is the same issue I have had in the past when I was actually playing.

I tried it with all 3 docks (and just the All Tables dock which made no difference because I was not playing so the other 2 docks were blank) and noticed no difference in the CPU or memory usage from when I am actually playing which stayed low as usual (especially TN2 which stayed pretty solid and very low even when selecting other tables from the dock usually 4% or less CPU usage and 50mb of RAM and never any big spikes). The tables on the docks seemed to be very responsive (like no lag between the action on a table in the dock and the actual action on table in the stack).

Also, I am running GPU-Z to monitor my GPU usage which stayed at about 330-410mb for dedicated RAM (and nothing higher except when I opened my browser) and the GPU load generally stayed at 0-3% with spikes up to 8% and max GPU temp was 68C. I will send the log now. I will try it in a bit when I am actually playing and watch the task manager and GPU-Z numbers very closely but I had watched the task manager numbers closely before and they seemed to stay low even when I was having severe lag and massive problems. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-10-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Administrator

John,
    I put up 14 tables (just observing). The first thing I noticed was that 4 of them never came up in the All Tables dock. They all said "Waiting for first hand to finish at X" which is the same issue I have had in the past when I was actually playing.

I tried it with all 3 docks (and just the All Tables dock which made no difference because I was not playing so the other 2 docks were blank) and noticed no difference in the CPU or memory usage from when I am actually playing which stayed low as usual (especially TN2 which stayed pretty solid and very low even when selecting other tables from the dock usually 4% or less CPU usage and 50mb of RAM and never any big spikes). The tables on the docks seemed to be very responsive (like no lag between the action on a table in the dock and the actual action on table in the stack).

Also, I am running GPU-Z to monitor my GPU usage which stayed at about 330-410mb for dedicated RAM (and nothing higher except when I opened my browser) and the GPU load generally stayed at 0-3% with spikes up to 8% and max GPU temp was 68C. I will send the log now. I will try it in a bit when I am actually playing and watch the task manager and GPU-Z numbers very closely but I had watched the task manager numbers closely before and they seemed to stay low even when I was having severe lag and massive problems. Thanks.
    Hi Ray,

1. Cool, will look through the logs in a bit.
    2. About the 4 that never came up - that is not an issue, they should show normally after the first hand is played (after which I read the hand history).
    3. When playing, try to play only with "All Tables" dock (the other two docks being hidden). Normally that should improve things a lot - but I will see when I get the logs from you.
    4. When playing - do you use hotkeys over the ninjavision tiles, or do you use the tiles just for having an overview?

Best,
    John

John,
    Thanks, I think you need to read this one (#2) more closely...
    The first thing I noticed was that 4 of them NEVER came up in the All Tables dock. They all said "Waiting for first hand to finish at X" which is the SAME issue I have had in the past when I was actually playing.

These tables never appear in the dock and the same thing happened when I was playing at times. They never came up. Whether it was 1 hand or 40+ and I had that same message ("Waiting for first hand to finish at X") the entire time even when I was playing on the tables for extended periods (and others worked fine just like when I was observing tables today).

#3 Yep, I def will try it

#4 I just use them as an overview

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-10-2014 at 11:04 AM.