NinjaVision Feature Requests, etc - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat View Post
    First of all, thanks to all of you for adding this great feature and for all of the improvements that have been made over the past year on TN2. I really had given up on it. Also, while I have suggestions, this NinjaVision is an incredible feature as is.

OK thanks, to explain it some more...this is a little different from what I was asking for but what I think I was asking for is overkill now...it would be nice if the "all tables" dock (or any dock) automatically adds new tables rather than getting an error message "resize dock to see all tiles" or at least the option to automatically resize it. Further, it would be nice if it reduced the size of the docks as tables are closed. It also would be nice to see the "resize dock to see all tiles" message all the time rather than just on hover over of the dock (under certain scenarios it is not visible unless you are hovering over the dock) if someone is not using this suggested autoresize feature. What I was talking about before was being able to make bigger and smaller the individual tables in the "all tables" dock and in turn, the dock itself but really they seem fine and they don't really need to be adjusted and it might be very difficult (from a development perspective) and unnecessary. However, automatic resizing of the docks themselves depending on the number of tables would be a very nice option.

In addition, the preview table when you hover your mouse over a table in the docks would be nice to be able to resize because on my screen it is way too small. Hopefully, you can make this larger and maybe create a hot key to make it larger or smaller or something.

Also, I would like to be able to tag certain tables like where I am deep or important ones so maybe a new dock for "tagged" tables would be nice. Finally, some abbreviated name on the tables in docks for the name of the tourney or table like "Big $55" or "$3r 180" or whatever would be nice, too. Thanks again!
    Hi Bastiat,

1. I see what you mean about "resize dock to see all tiles" - however, it is pretty difficult to do that. I mean, we could do it anyway, but the point is we should allow you to have several docks at once (at least, you'll definitely want to have that in the future :P). Imagine having 4 stacks (in Multi-stack layout), and having a dock for each of the tables in each stack. Having several docks partially overlap can end up having disastrous effects - and that's just the tip of the iceberg

The idea behind the docks is just to serve as a "placeholder" - so you know where the ninjatiles will be. This way you can arrange your layout, your docks (again, you can have several docks at once) so that they fit your needs.

2. Having said the above, right now, "All Tables" dock + "Preview until the end of hand" dock work like a charm. The other are a bit laggy at this time - we fixed that and will be published on next release.

3. About "resize dock to see all tiles" should be seen all the time - you're right. We'll see how we can implement that. Again, the idea behind the docks is to make sure it's so that you know ahead of time how many tables you'll have.
    I can easily play 20 tables with zoom=100%, and have 35 slots available when zoom=80% on my 1920 x 1080 monitor.

4. The "tagged" tables - probably that's exactly what "Preview Until End of hand" is for - namely, you preview the full table (a bit smaller of course) until the hand is over. You can again resize the dock so that you can easily add more than 1 table - I have mine set to 4 tables and is enough for me.

5. HUD will be available in next release :P

Best,
    John

John,
    Thanks a ton...An issue that I am having with NinjaVision is once that I hit about 9-10 tables (without HM2 running even...had to quit that at about 4 tables), the tables become less and less responsive (laggy) and I start sitting out because of it. My laptop is a few years old but it was the top of the line then. It is a mobile i7 and has 8gb ram and like 2gb video card. I don't have any anti-virus running either but as I am writing this, I opened TN and I got a warning that Microsoft Security Essentials is running but I have it shut off from "real time" protection. I will add the exceptions though and hopefully, that will do the trick. Maybe that is it because the CPU and RAM usage doesn't look that bad either. That said, I had 3 docks going...all, need attention, and involved in hand so maybe that could cause it, too. Anyways, I will add the exceptions to my AV and let you know. Thanks again.

Hi,

Also please enable the following options in the Ninja Vision tab > Scrape "Is players turn" and if you still experience lag enable "Run Ninja Vision on a separate thread"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

Administrator

John,
    Thanks a ton...An issue that I am having with NinjaVision is once that I hit about 9-10 tables (without HM2 running even...had to quit that at about 4 tables), the tables become less and less responsive (laggy) and I start sitting out because of it. My laptop is a few years old but it was the top of the line then. It is a mobile i7 and has 8gb ram and like 2gb video card. I don't have any anti-virus running either but as I am writing this, I opened TN and I got a warning that Microsoft Security Essentials is running but I have it shut off from "real time" protection. I will add the exceptions though and hopefully, that will do the trick. Maybe that is it because the CPU and RAM usage doesn't look that bad either. That said, I had 3 docks going...all, need attention, and involved in hand so maybe that could cause it, too. Anyways, I will add the exceptions to my AV and let you know. Thanks again.
    Hi Bastiat,

1. First, we just released a new beta update - 2.3.35, please make sure you have it.
    2. What Denise said the two "turbo" buttons :P
    3. Are you having these issues on which dock? Because if it is the "Tables where I am in hand", there were some lag issues with it - which we just fixed.

Please let us know how that works.

Best,
    John

Thanks and thanks! Just installed the beta and changed the settings...I will let you know how it goes...and not sure which dock was causing the issue I just exited TN2 when I started having the problems...This time I will try exiting that dock first if there is a problem but hopefully there will not be any...thanks again...

OK, I didn't have much success with the beta...none of the docks worked properly...they all said "waiting for first hand to finish" and did not show the table (at times and then other times it worked) except the preview when hovering over where a table should be worked fine...

also, I got a fatal error and on the help tab, it said to go "setup" tab to "send the logs to TN" but I did not see where or how to send them...Ok, I just saw the "contact support" and clicked that and it created the log but you might want to change this error message...

Further, when I restarted TN2, my "need attention" dock (I believe because none of them are labeled anymore...they all say "TableNinja II" instead of what they are) took over the whole screen (space for 72 tables instead of the 4 or so that I had it set to) and was under my taskbar so i could not resize it even without minimizing my taskbar...I highly suggest adding a feature that allows the user to resize the docks when they end up outside of the borders of the screen (and/or in the taskbar area)...I just restarted TN2 and the docks are labeled again and it was my "need attention" tab and it was staying very large. Also, I now see that you can resize it horizontally and vertically from any of the corners but a "resize to fit screen" button (or similar) on the pane would be nice.

Also, my Ninja Tile gets changed to another option sometimes and my primary Ninja Tile slot keeps changing but when I open Edit-->Ninja Tile-->Edit, it is in the right place and I just have to hit save and apply and it works again. Further, on the change layout-->edit screen I cannot always select use monitor for my secondary monitor or uncheck my other monitor (and other times it works). Also, enable NinjaVision seems to need to be checked almost every time I restart TN2 because when I reopen it, it is off but maybe this is by design. Finally, Popup-->Basic from the "table control" tab seems to be the default because I select "advanced" and every time I restart, it is on basic again. Finally, the docks were covering up the tables and i could not get to them before or when they needed action (they were not going to the ninja title position or popping up over the docks). Thanks.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-05-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Ok, a lot of it seems to be working now when i reopened TN2. And, the lag seems to have gone away with the beta. It seems kind of random when it works and when it doesn't in the beta...hence, i guess that is why it is a beta, haha...anyways, I just started using ninja title recently and really had a hard time with the cash games and buying in because i would have a table flash up for action and many times found it very difficult to enter the buy-in amount because a table with action and then another table with action would be covering it.

Another issue I had was closing those tables where I was not able to get the buy-in amount entered in time and so I was not seated and also closing or sitting back in where I was sitting out. They were in the dock and ninja tiled but they were hard to bring up to close them or sit back in because a new table would come up with action. I really would like to be able to close the table from the docks (with an optional confirmation or just the stars standard confirmation when closing) or right click and send it to my other monitor or sit back in. Actually, 6 right-click options would be great...sit back in this table, sit back in all tables, close this table, close all tables where not seated, close all tables where not seated or sitting out, and send to other monitor (or monitor "X" if someone has more than 2 monitors).

Finally, the title works great for cash games but not for tourneys. It is just a number for tourneys and not the title of the tourneys. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bastiat; 06-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Administrator

Ok, a lot of it seems to be working now when i reopened TN2. And, the lag seems to have gone away with the beta. It seems kind of random when it works and when it doesn't in the beta...hence, i guess that is why it is a beta, haha...anyways, I just started using ninja title recently and really had a hard time with the cash games and buying in because i would have a table flash up for action and many times found it very difficult to enter the buy-in amount because a table with action and then another table with action would be covering it.

Another issue I had was closing those tables where I was not able to get the buy-in amount entered in time and so I was not seated and also closing or sitting back in where I was sitting out. They were in the dock and ninja tiled but they were hard to bring up to close them or sit back in because a new table would come up with action. I really would like to be able to close the table from the docks (with an optional confirmation or just the stars standard confirmation when closing) or right click and send it to my other monitor or sit back in. Actually, 6 right-click options would be great...sit back in this table, sit back in all tables, close this table, close all tables where not seated, close all tables where not seated or sitting out, and send to other monitor (or monitor "X" if someone has more than 2 monitors).

Finally, the title works great for cash games but not for tourneys. It is just a number for tourneys and not the title of the tourneys. Thanks again.
    Hi Bastiat,

Denise will give you a more detailed answer, until then:
    1. We have an option to move tables with popups to a specific "Handle Popups" aside-table (check out Table Aside >> Edit >> Add HP slot)
    2. As a side note, we of course can handle the buyin for you
    3. You can close tables from the docks - from the ninja vision tile. See Annoyances tab >> there's a "Close Table" hotkey.
    4. You can sit in/sit out with a hotkey - again, in Annoyances tab.
    5. Closing tables - in Annoyances tab (you can close all tables - probably not what you want exactly)
    6. Agreed about the title - it's a bit harder to have a different name - I will think about it.

7. Most importantly, NinjaVision should work ALL THE TIME - so if you ran into problems, we'd like to fix them - please send us your logs so we can investigate - support@tableninja.com.

Best,
    John

thanks, i was able to get to about 12-13 tables with the beta and then i started having massive problems...tables not popping up on action and terrible lag...so an improvement over the official release but still not quite there...my resource usage didn't look that bad either...again this is without HM2 even running and I forgot to mention that I do have a samsung ssd for my c drive in my system, too...but i do have rather large paging files (one on my c drive and another on an esata intel ssd)...do you think that having too large of paging files could cause a lag?

Administrator

thanks, i was able to get to about 12-13 tables with the beta and then i started having massive problems...tables not popping up on action and terrible lag...so an improvement over the official release but still not quite there...my resource usage didn't look that bad either...again this is without HM2 even running and I forgot to mention that I do have a samsung ssd for my c drive in my system, too...but i do have rather large paging files (one on my c drive and another on an esata intel ssd)...do you think that having too large of paging files could cause a lag?
    Hi,

1. Very likely we'll have Denise to a teamviewer with you to help you through the issues.
    2. Please send logs to support@tableninja.com if not done already. Thanks!

Best,
    John