Tiled Tables Moving Automatically Problem

Exclamation Tiled Tables Moving Automatically Problem

I've been tiling 15 tables of hyper-turbo SNGs, and the windows keep automatically changing places when the games frequently start/finish, causing a lot of misclicks. For example, I'm about to click fold, then a split second before I do the table moves and is replaced by a different table, and I end up clicking fold at the new table on a hand I didn't want to fold. It's also annoying when all the tables change places in the middle of a decision and then I have to waste time locating the table again.

Is there any way to have new tables just take up the blank space that was left by the old tables that closed, instead of moving around all the existing tables? That would completely solve the problem. It's driving me crazy because the software is otherwise perfect, but this is a massive problem for me. All I can do in the meantime is try to anticipate when the tables are about to change and be really careful until it's done changing, but that barely works because the action is so quick.

Thanks

Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

Here's the log files and a screenshot of one of my monitors (I use 3 1920x1080 monitors side-by-side).

FYI - I'm only on the free trial of TN2, and there's no TN folder at "C:\Program Files\TableNinja" so I got the log files from the one at "C:\Users\Stephen Critoph\AppData\Roaming\TableNinja.v2". I included all files with a ".log" in them.

Also, I'm using Poker Tracker v4.11.3, not Hold'em Manager.

To clarify, unless the table that finished and was replaced by a new one was at the very end of the tiling sequence, all the existing tables get moved. Can you confirm that the new tables are supposed to just take an empty spot, even if it's between two existing tables?

TN_logs.zip

HUD_Screenshot.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cooozy View Post
    I've been tiling 15 tables of hyper-turbo SNGs, and the windows keep automatically changing places when the games frequently start/finish, causing a lot of misclicks. For example, I'm about to click fold, then a split second before I do the table moves and is replaced by a different table, and I end up clicking fold at the new table on a hand I didn't want to fold. It's also annoying when all the tables change places in the middle of a decision and then I have to waste time locating the table again.

Is there any way to have new tables just take up the blank space that was left by the old tables that closed, instead of moving around all the existing tables? That would completely solve the problem. It's driving me crazy because the software is otherwise perfect, but this is a massive problem for me. All I can do in the meantime is try to anticipate when the tables are about to change and be really careful until it's done changing, but that barely works because the action is so quick.

Thanks
    Hi cooozy,

I guess you're using Table Under Mouse - and when new tables are added, things can get re-arranged and end up clicking at a different table.

We will implement what you want, I do not have an ETA for it yet.

Until then, would this work for you:
    1. Use Table In Foreground - this way, even when tables rearrange, the foreground remains the same
    2. Use hotkeys instead of clicks - this way, the action will be taken at the table with the red frame, no matter what.

Please note that even if we implemented new tables take the black space left by old tables, you could still run into the issue - wen the tables need to "make room" for a new table - for instance, say you have 6 tables that take your whole screen - adding a 7th would cause tables to partially overlap, so you could end up misclicking anyway.

The only way this could probably work is if you would instruct TN to always assume a certain number of tiles (lets say, 15).

Best,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jtorjo View Post
    Hi cooozy,

I guess you're using Table Under Mouse - and when new tables are added, things can get re-arranged and end up clicking at a different table.

We will implement what you want, I do not have an ETA for it yet.

Until then, would this work for you:
    1. Use Table In Foreground - this way, even when tables rearrange, the foreground remains the same
    2. Use hotkeys instead of clicks - this way, the action will be taken at the table with the red frame, no matter what.

Please note that even if we implemented new tables take the black space left by old tables, you could still run into the issue - wen the tables need to "make room" for a new table - for instance, say you have 6 tables that take your whole screen - adding a 7th would cause tables to partially overlap, so you could end up misclicking anyway.

The only way this could probably work is if you would instruct TN to always assume a certain number of tiles (lets say, 15).

Best,
    John
    Yes please implement a feature where you specify a number of tiles and it never rearranges tables, they just take up a blank tile. This would be a perfect solution for the misclicking problem, and it would also perfectly solve this problem: my timebank is about to run out and I'm about to make my decision, then all of a sudden the tables rearrange, by the time I find the table I've run out of time.

Perhaps just implement it for SNG Sensei, with the assumed amount of tiles equal to the total of "Concurrent SNGs at a time". It's not as big of a deal for cash games where tables aren't automatically opening and closing all the time, although it would be better if it worked for both.

Using Table In Foreground in combination with keyboard hotkeys does solve the misclicking problem, but I much prefer not using keyboard hotkeys, and there's still the problem of tables rearranging during a decision.

Let me know if this feature is going to be added. Also, if a new version of TN is available, it will prompt me to download it when I start TN, correct?

Much thanks
    Last edited by Cooozy; 05-28-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cooozy View Post
    Yes please implement a feature where you specify a number of tiles and it never rearranges tables, they just take up a blank tile. This would be a perfect solution for the misclicking problem, and it would also perfectly solve this problem: my timebank is about to run out and I'm about to make my decision, then all of a sudden the tables rearrange, by the time I find the table I've run out of time.

Perhaps just implement it for SNG Sensei, with the assumed amount of tiles equal to the total of "Concurrent SNGs at a time". It's not as big of a deal for cash games where tables aren't automatically opening and closing all the time, although it would be better if it worked for both.

Using Table In Foreground in combination with keyboard hotkeys does solve the misclicking problem, but I much prefer not using keyboard hotkeys, and there's still the problem of tables rearranging during a decision.

Let me know if this feature is going to be added. Also, if a new version of TN is available, it will prompt me to download it when I start TN, correct?

Much thanks
    Hi Coozy,

We'll implement this feature - hopefully next week.
    The update in case of a new version is automatic - what version do you have now?

Best,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jtorjo View Post
    Hi Coozy,

We'll implement this feature - hopefully next week.
    The update in case of a new version is automatic - what version do you have now?

Best,
    John
    I'm on v2.3.15.0. Thanks

If you could let me know in this thread when the version with this feature is released that'd be much appreciated. Unless I can't possibly not notice it.

Oops! As it turns out, PokerStars already has a built-in feature that solves all these problems, so adding this new feature to TN isn't necessary. When on a table, under View Options you can create a Custom Layout and then check Remember Table Positioning, and then new tables always take up blank tiles instead of reordering everything.

Thanks anyway for the help though!