HM2 Performance Tips - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by danuuutz View Post
    My hm2 has low import speed (between 30-200hands/sec).
    The weird thing for me is that I have a friend who I helped with installing his windows and hm2 and everything. He has a 6year older I5 proccessor, with a 6 year old cheap ssd and 8GB ram and windows 7. I did not modify his holdemmanager.config.... Just simple install. He imports his hands with 600hands/sec.

My laptop has an I7 7700 (with good cooling), with 16GB ram and with one of the fastest SSD's I could find to buy (NVME - Samsung 970 Evo Plus ). So in theory I think I should have at least 400hand/sec. But I only get 30 and sometimes 200hands/sec. I tried formatting windows 5 times, did not install antivirus, disabled windows defender and firewall, modified the holdemmanager.config and everything else I can think of. The only thing that I read on this forum that I can't do, is change the holdem manager folder to not be "read only" (I tried doing this for 24 hours and did anything I can do from online tips, but the folder still becomes "read only" after I close it). I tried installing older version of win 10, newer version, with all updates, and with updates disables but no improvement.

What am I missing? Is there anything else I can do? I cannot install win 7 on my laptop because, I will not be able to find drivers for it. I have a few million recent hero hands and I also use note caddy (but even with note caddy disabled nothing changes). Saving my hero hands in large of small files also does not change anything. Creating new database or formatting windows still does not help.
    The import speed is also determined by the types of files (txt, xml, etc), the sites the files are from, the game types (nlh, plo, cash, sng, mtt), and how the files are archived (large flat files from stars support with many hands per file import way faster than a \HM2Archive of live play hands), etc. The only other thing I can suggest beyond what is in this thread (and this is likely already mentioned in here) is to try and regroup your files you are importing into multiple new folders of smaller samples and import those one by one. For a basic example, that doesn't require any new folders be made or files be moved: if your few million recent hero hands are all contained in your C:\HM2Archive folder: Import year by year, or month by month, instead of importing the entire C:\HM2Archive folder. Doing multiple imports of smaller batches will be faster than importing them all at once, as import speed doesn't have a chance to slow down as much during an import of a smaller group of files.

Note: This post was 'moderated' by our forums and had to be approved before it could be seen, as were the other 2 new duplicate threads you made which I deleted. We have some add on automated plugins that will put suspected malicious or spam posts into a moderation queue, and it is a bit over zealous at times.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 04-12-2020 at 08:25 AM.

https://gyazo.com/fb042cac7c47fbfcdcc310c161ab4a68
    so on their official site there is only 9.3.25, so i can download that one? Altough they say its not supported?

Quote Originally Posted by grujamachko View Post
    https://gyazo.com/fb042cac7c47fbfcdcc310c161ab4a68
    so on their official site there is only 9.3.25, so i can download that one? Altough they say its not supported?
    Yes, 9.3.25 should work without issue. Higher versions may work with HM2 to some basic degree but some features like backup/restore, purge, export, maintenance, etc may not work properly so we only recommend using the latest 9.3.x version.

HM3 no longer uses PSQL as it caused many issues with HM1/2 users.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    The import speed is also determined by the types of files (txt, xml, etc), the sites the files are from, the game types (nlh, plo, cash, sng, mtt), and how the files are archived (large flat files from stars support with many hands per file import way faster than a \HM2Archive of live play hands), etc. The only other thing I can suggest beyond what is in this thread (and this is likely already mentioned in here) is to try and regroup your files you are importing into multiple new folders of smaller samples and import those one by one. For a basic example, that doesn't require any new folders be made or files be moved: if your few million recent hero hands are all contained in your C:\HM2Archive folder: Import year by year, or month by month, instead of importing the entire C:\HM2Archive folder. Doing multiple imports of smaller batches will be faster than importing them all at once, as import speed doesn't have a chance to slow down as much during an import of a smaller group of files.

Note: This post was 'moderated' by our forums and had to be approved before it could be seen, as were the other 2 new duplicate threads you made which I deleted. We have some add on automated plugins that will put suspected malicious or spam posts into a moderation queue, and it is a bit over zealous at times.
    Thank you Fozzy for the reply.
    My friend with the older computer plays in the same type of game and he imports with 600hands/sec without me making any special hm2 adjustments on his config files. The only difference I can of is that he has windows 7.
    Is it possible that hm2 works better on win 7 compared to win 10?
    I managed to increase the hm2 import speed to 400hands/sec using these extreme settings:
    25e636ef68b39b7481e37283f4b2bd1d.png
    Should I also try to upgrade to postgresssql 9.0 or newer? Which version of PostgressSQL works bet on windows 10 and hm2? There are a lot of posts about this being required for the AlanJackson HUD. I just use a few simple note caddy definitions but my note caddy lags when I open a popup.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by danuuutz View Post
    Thank you Fozzy for the reply.
    My friend with the older computer plays in the same type of game and he imports with 600hands/sec without me making any special hm2 adjustments on his config files. The only difference I can of is that he has windows 7.
    Is it possible that hm2 works better on win 7 compared to win 10?
    I managed to increase the hm2 import speed to 400hands/sec using these extreme settings:
    25e636ef68b39b7481e37283f4b2bd1d.png
    Should I also try to upgrade to postgresssql 9.0 or newer? Which version of PostgressSQL works bet on windows 10 and hm2? There are a lot of posts about this being required for the AlanJackson HUD. I just use a few simple note caddy definitions but my note caddy lags when I open a popup.
    Thank you.
    I am not aware of Windows version affecting import speed but it might have some effect. The biggest factor is SSD performance followed by Motherboard and CPU and RAM performance.

Upgrading from the 32 bit 8.4.x version of PSQL that HM2 ships with to a 64 bit 9.3.x version should help some as well from what I recall but I haven't tested it in both versions recently. I actually still have 8.4.22 installed but we are so busy right now that I can't spare the time needed to test it and upgrade my PSQL version to be sure. Here are the steps to reinstall PSQL 9.3 if you want to try it, just make sure you make a backup of the current database(s) you need so they can be restored after you reinstall PSQL instead of having to reimport all your hands to rebuild your database(s).

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL.

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\X.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
    After you click 'Enter' for the code above also do that same for this code:

sc delete postgresql-8.4
    and click 'Enter' again.

5) Restart your PC

6) Install PostgreSQL 9.3 from here.

7) Once installed you should disable the postgresql logging as instructed here.

If there is still an issue, we need to know the error - it is in the %Temp% folder - bitrockinstaller.txt file. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

I am buying a new PC, wich windows is better for HM2 with notecaddy talktowendys surveyzop
    Last edited by chaksur; 12-30-2021 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaksur View Post
    I am buying a new PC, wich windows is better for HM2 with notecaddy
    I have no way to know since HM2 support ended on Dec 31, 2020. Given that HM2 support ended before the release of Win 11 I would suggest you get a Win10 machine. HM3 works with Win11 according to our QA/Testing Manager that just updated today but I am not sure if HM2 and NC for HM2 will work with it.

Edit: Our QA/Testing Manager just tested and said the basic functions of HM3 reports and replayer HUD work. He didn't test NC for HM2 but if HM works with Win11 then NC should also work in theory.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 12-29-2021 at 10:53 AM.