HM2 Performance Tips - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I am playing around with HM2 and notecaddy in order to get speed improvements since a long time and even shared my findings here.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ml#post2462358

One mayor issue was the lagg starting 1 or 2 hours into a cashgame session. Even an i7-5820k at 4.5 GHz and an Intel 750 SSD, or putting the DB on a RAM-disc like others tried before, could not resolve this issue. The lagg is so bad that the tables/HUD freeze and it sometimes even results in timing out at the tables. It occured on 3 different computers with i7/SSD/16GB RAM ect. , HM2 RAM-cap removed and DB tuning following alan jaksons guide.
    It began when i started using nc with many stats. But i am not processing notes during play. The lagg really correlates with the RAM-usage as you can see in this screenshot.

RAM.png

I finally found out that the single thread performance is the only variable to influence this and that the HUD cache purging once a minute (!?) causes the lag. An Intel 750 PCIe 3.0 SSD or a RAM-disc did not change it at all.
    Each time the memory usage of HM2 drops the lagg occurs and the poker tables/HUD freezes. There must be some heavy single threaded calculation during this reduction of used RAM.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ml#post2474258

sreticentv stated me he does not know your algorithm for cache purging so i ask you if there is any way to let HM2 keep more data in the HUD cache before doing the purging? There is plenty of free RAM in my computer during play. I would even buy 128 GB RAM if it resolves the freezes.

Please don't post the performance guides as i am using them all.

HM2 was not designed to handle such extreme scenarios of large databases and large numbers of custom stats. Unfortunately there is not anything we can do at this point of the HM2 life cycle to make it perform better in these scenarios. Hopefully HM3 will be able to handle it better since it will be a completely ground up new software using a new (no postgresql) database engine.

If you use a wireless mouse/keyboard and have lagging issues, change the USB port for the receiver. This should help clear up issues.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Performance related questions:

1. I've been going through the Top Ten Performance Tips, can I assume things like "How to stop HEM from making those big log files" is antiquated, and this happens naturally now?

2. Is there anything that has changed over the 2 years since that list came out that would help performance besides what was mentioned on that?

3. I see HEM 3 is on the table--when is its slated release?

Thanks.

1) It should be checked to make sure the Postgres logging is not on.

2) We've updated the thread with more information.

3) There is no ETA on a release or Beta version release.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

hi should i enable rapid mode through the magician software samsund provides with their 850evo 500gb ssd?..i have an windows7..2,2GHz CPU...4GB RAM..300GB free space laptop..do you recommend it??

PostgreSQL Whisperer

4gb RAM is too small for rapid mode because in this mode software uses RAM as HDD\SDD space.

..should i upgrade my RAM to 8GB??..I believe it maxes out at 8GB..is it worth it??

You would most likely see an overall increase in performance.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hello. I want to improve my NC performance to i have a few questions..
    My Specs:
    8GB RAM
    i5-4460
    7200RPM HDD
    NC package with 2000 definitions
    2-4million hands database

HM2 performance with this spec:
    HM manual import speed: 500-600hands/s
    NC hand processing: 80-90hands/s (which i want to improve)
    So i am looking at upgrading to SSD 2.5" ( looks like Samsung evo 850 offers best performance/price. Or are there better alternative (2.5") in this price range?
    Also how much would NC hand processing improve when upgraded to this SSD?
    Also in resource monitor i see that ram usage is at around 60-80max. Will i benifit from adding another 8gb brick? Also how does RAM frequency affect performance? Like any difference between ram 1600mhz vs 2400mhz ram?