postgresql for hm2

Default postgresql for hm2

hi
    i have to migrate from hm1 to hm2 and install it in another laptop with windows vista, have i to install postgresql? if yes, which one? do you have a link with the instruccions?, i forget how to do it

tks
    regards

Our HM1 and HM2 installers contain version 8.4.x as part of the installation process. You only need to download a separate postgresql installer if you want your database to be on a partition other than your C:\ drive. You can download them from postgresql.org and we only recommend 8.4.x or 9.0.x.

tks for your soon answerd!
    i have a db with postgre 8.2 in my laptop with windows xp and hm1, its possible to export the hands from this db and import it in a new one created with postgre 8.4 in a laptop with windows vista and hm2 ?
    tks
    regards

Yes, you can export the hands from HM1 and import those to HM2. All of your original hands should also be stored in the C:\HMArchive folder so you may not need to export the hands from the database unless it contains hands that were manually imported and not archived.

hi
    i install the hm2 and the postgre 8.4 in my laptop with windows vista, i have the avast antivirus free, i played yesterday without any problem, but today when i start the laptop i cant update de antivirus then i have to reinstall it, and i cant start the postgre, i cant start it from the windows menu "error of the system 5, access dennied" then from the hm2 "cannot connect to the postgresql database server..." from the wizard i try to start the service and reset the password but i cant and then i try to start the service from control panel, system tools, services, "error 1053, the service not respond..." i turn off the avast, the firewall, etc
    how can i solve it?
    tks
    regards
    Last edited by SkyWalker01; 04-20-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Make sure everything is set to run as admin - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...7%7D7+%26+8%29

1) Click start - accessories
    2) Right click command prompt
    3) Choose Run as Administrator

Type:

sfc /scannow

Hit enter

4) Please schedule a disk check:

chkdsk /f /r C:

5) Hit enter

6) Restart your computer.

Afterwards, it will either show there are no integrity problems, or give a location for a file with errors. If this happens, please send us that file.

hi
    i follow all the steps but still cant start the postgresql, the only wrong was some files that the system cant repair and appears in c:\windows\logs and nothing else, but its strange because yesterday i was playing some hours in ps with the hm2 and hud without any problem, it better to reinstall the postgresql 8.4 again with the hm2?

edit:
    i reinstall completely the postgresql 8.4 and the hm2 and start the service, but i had i problem with the ps client, it doesnt work and need to reinstall again and create a new shortcut, strange! but now its working, i suppose it was something that change during these steps

tks
    regards
    Last edited by SkyWalker01; 04-21-2014 at 09:18 AM.

So, everything is finally working now? Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? With so many problems I wonder if they weren't maybe caused by your security software.