Holdem Manager 2 API - Page 12
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by N0-L1m1T View Post
    I missed this reply otherwise I'd have replied earlier. I find the implied attitude to the tournament playing community quite breathtaking. This feature is about utility and most users won't understand the utility of this until it is presented to them. They can't demand what they don't understand. Therefore HEM's job is to drive demand.

It seems likely that tournament supported will be bolted onto a base feature set aimed at cash game players whereas what should really happen is the design and development should account for both requirements together. Yet again, it seems that tournament players will be treated as an after-thought.
    Hi, It was more a case of there was demand for an API, we didn't really have the time to dedicate that would be required for a fully functional API. In our discussions we felt that rather than push the deadline forward for many months we would try and get a basic API out there, see what the demand was like, see what features people wanted and then try and develop the API over the months to meet those demands where possible.

To be honest there hasn't been a huge demand for this and it might be as you say that until we have a full functional API then more people might become interested. You reply and others gives weight to that suggestion.

If you put together a rough outline of what you plan to use it for and what type of features you will need then i can go to the developers and put a case forward for this. I do agree you have a point that tournament support shouldn't be an after-thought and it is a valid point but there are also things in the cash API that are lacking that we haven't expanded on due to time constraints so the decision was based on what could we add that would benefit the most people with the time we had.

On the other side of the coin, we had lots of people before in threads where we explained putting together an API was a massive job and the overwhelming response was it doesn't need to be a rounded solution, just give us something basic we can work with initially and you can build from there. That is the approach we went with in the end.

But like i said if you can get me an outline of the needs and features you want for tournament support ill put it forward to developers and see if its something we can get on the feature list.

Thanks
    Morny
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by infurrrno View Post
    hey guys,

Is there any ETA on being able to use the api for queries relating to players other than the currently selected player?

Thanks
    This does seem to be a popular request that would benefit a lot of people so i will try and get an update on this for you. I am not sure of the complexity of such a feature but i will discuss it and get back to you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hello,

I am a researcher at the University of Toronto, and am working with technicians from Cornell University to use HM2 to analyze poker data for social science research. We have used HM successfully in the past, and while HM2 is an impressive upgrade, we don't know exactly how to query the database for such statistics as:

StatGame
    StatAllinEV
    StatAllInEVAdjustedWinnings
    StatNetAmountWon
    StatHoleCards

Is there a special way to get access to these stats?

Thanks,

Kyle Siler

Hi Kyle,

Did you see the document on the first post of this thread? If not, it might help you.

I quickly checked the stats, it seems there is a problem with the first one. Maybe could you use the stat StatGameTypeDescription instead?

HM2 team, you should give a look to StatGame, I think there is a bug...

Is there any ETA on being able to use the api for queries relating to players other than the currently selected player?
    This does seem to be a popular request that would benefit a lot of people so i will try and get an update on this for you. I am not sure of the complexity of such a feature but i will discuss it and get back to you.
    IMHO, it is one of the biggest limitations of the API at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyton View Post
    I have forwarded this to the developers so they can look in to it in depth to see if there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ksiler@gmail.com View Post
    Hello,

I am a researcher at the University of Toronto, and am working with technicians from Cornell University to use HM2 to analyze poker data for social science research. We have used HM successfully in the past, and while HM2 is an impressive upgrade, we don't know exactly how to query the database for such statistics as:

StatGame

Is there a special way to get access to these stats?

Thanks,

Kyle Siler
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyton View Post

I quickly checked the stats, it seems there is a problem with the first one. Maybe could you use the stat StatGameTypeDescription instead?

Apparently it is a error in the document. This is what the dev had to say:

There is no stat name StatGame (this is an error in the documentation). I think what he wants to do is something like this:
    Code:
    select StatVPIP,StatTotalHands from stats group by StatGameTypeDescription, StatPlayerNameAndSite

+1 here for tournament support
    +1 for queries relating to other "hero" as well

+1 for queries relating to other "hero" as well

Default Any way to get the player tag via HMQL?

Hi, I need the player tag (Fish, Whale, Monkey, Hawk...) for my 3rd party application.

Is there any way to get it via HMQL? If not, are there any other ways.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Alph0r View Post
    Hi, I need the player tag (Fish, Whale, Monkey, Hawk...) for my 3rd party application.

Is there any way to get it via HMQL? If not, are there any other ways.

Regards
    I am not sure but I will forward the question to the developer.