MAC compatible HEM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default MAC compatible HEM

any plans for a MAC HEM anytime in the future?

This would be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

mupoker

Quote Originally Posted by mupoker View Post
    any plans for a MAC HEM anytime in the future?

This would be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

mupoker
    Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

It doesn't make sense to port program like this to Mac OS for couple of reasons:

1) Porting such a complex program isn't a trivial task
    2) There aren't enough Mac users to make it worthwhile
    3) Virtual machines (like VMware Fusion and Parallels Desktop) already provide a viable solution to run HEM on OS X

Yeah this isnt in the short or medium term plans as we dont have the time with the current workload to work on another program. If you add it here http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/ and it gets enough support well consider it in the future however its unlikely for the reasons Zoom mentioned
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

i understand the reasons zoom presented, however, true mac users do not install parallels like vmware and bootcamp on their mac's so they can run windows

it's like buying a ferrari and then gettin a buick engine installed.

i will add it to that other link. thanks!

I understand that making a program compatible with mac is no trivial task. However, to say that there aren't enough mac users to justify creating a program is foolish imo. I am a college student and I would judge that nearly half of all college students have mac computers. Considering that this is one of the larger targeted audiences for poker sites and poker software you guys could be missing out on a sizable amount of customers.

Your last reason for only catering to pc users is that there are already parallel programs in existence. Well, first of all those programs do not come with mac computers and i would imagine they are expensive, although i know you can get them bootlegged, but that could be dangerous. People won't want to purchase another 80$ program or whatever parallels costs on top of the money they already are gonna spend for hold em manager. On top of that i don't want to run a shitty processing system when i have one that works much better. I like mupoker's analogy. It also poses a problem when i want to access pieces of information that are stored on the OS system while i am runnning windows. I won't want to go through the trouble of basically having two separate computers in one just so i can run your program.

People want convenience when they are buying a program like this, and the fact is that running this program on a mac is extremely inconvenient, not to mention more expensive. For these reasons mac users simply will not buy your product and you will be losing a large amount of profits imo, although you guys don't seem to be concerned.

get pokercopilot for mac, its no HEM but its better than nothing has a HUD at least

great post jhool

yah, real mac users don't run parallels (and windows). We use MACs for a reason

Just thought i would add that i would dearly love a mac version, there are an awful lot of deucescracked members who also use mac and would love a native mac version.

maybe this one will speed up this process..
    http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/v...=24415&start=0