Help with nc speed!

Default Help with nc speed!

Hi,

I currently use notecaddy in conjunction with hem2 and i have around 500-600 stats. I'm posting to ask if there is a way of making the stats work/run faster when using them at the tables. For example, when i click a pop up, it takes a few seconds to load. As you can imagine, when 20+ tabling, i don't have this kind of time to click as i will time out of my tables. I have an incredibly high spec computer with one of the best processors and plenty of RAM and yet it still lags like crazy.

Is there any way/feature/update that you can offer so as to speed nc up, or is this just part of the program that we have to deal with?

If there aren't any options, is there any advice you can offer, perhaps removing some stats? Do the composite notes make it run slower?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers for any help in advance,
    Ben

No direction but to trust the final destination

The one thing that will slow down how fast your popups appear is retrieval speed from your SSD. You should invest some time and set it to use more system resources since it seems you have enough computer for it NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

The next NC version, 2.5, also optimizes how things are cached so that will help a bit when it's released
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Hi sreticentv, cheers for the response. Can you elaborate as to how to do that with the SSD? I already have the boxes ticked that you linked me to and some of the total run times are so insanely high. (up to 88906962)

When is the next version out?

Thanks

No direction but to trust the final destination

Make the configuration changes that are described in detail in this article Tuning Your PostgreSQL Server - PostgreSQL wiki particularly the ones dealing with the shared_buffers, effective_cache_size, and logging
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

is it possible to pay a member of holdem manager to use team viewer and check/make the changes on my behalf? There is absolutely no way i am capable of doing anything on that list...! Cheers

Hit me up on Skype (kloss_karsten) and i'll guide you through all possible optimizations.......free of charge