Performance help needed
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Performance help needed

Hi,

I want to know which one affects my hm2 and hud performance while playing.
    I have ssd drive, 16 GB ram, new computer overall and done most of hm2 performance tips.

I often play 2-5 different poker network. Some are heavier than others.

I have 20 GB database so its quite large. Is it possible to run this big DB smoothly.

When I play My computer uses often 7-8 GB of ram which is half. And CPU is about 30% and make jumps to 80% so whole computer freezes and I often go to sit out for timed out and lose money. I often have to close hm2 and restart in order to continue playing. PostgreSQL is taking most of ram.

I have about 100 hud figures in my hud so does decreasing them affect hud speed?
    Does the number of popups affect speed? So does it matter if I have popups on 20 stats or should I use all popup stats on few general popup? Which one is faster. I would prefer more popups.

Most of my stats are made by notecaddy and they often have caddypark. Does number of caddyspark notes affect on speed on popups? Should I decrease them.

Thanks

Fewer stats in the HUD should help. Try moving some of them into popups.

Also try to make sure your NC definitions are as efficient as possible - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

If you continue to have problems try editing the workingset variables to see if it helps. Most with your type of setup and settings in terms of database size and using a lot of NC defs have found that the 500/0 settings mentioned below help improve performance.

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your config file please copy/paste a copy to your desktop as a backup: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General"
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" /> 
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" /> 

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General"
        <
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" /> 

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General"
        <
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

PHP Code:
      <Section Name="General"
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 
        <
    Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" /> 
    *Note:
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetBase is 2100000000
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount is 840

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.

I go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager, copy the folder.. open holdemmanager.config(is this the right file?) file but i cannot find:

<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" />
    <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

all I have there is under general tab is:

Code:
    <Section Name="General">
        <Key Name="UseSessionStatsForHeroInReplayer" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="CurrentCulture" Value="en-US" />
        <Key Name="SiteTimeAdjustments" Value="0,7,7,3,3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,0,0" />
        <Key Name="ShowColorsReplayerHandBoxes" Value="True" />
        <Key Name="MaxHandsCachedPerGBofRAM" Value="500000" />
        <Key Name="MaxHandsForPlayerInHUD" Value="0" />
        <Key Name="SessionLengthInMinutes" Value="30" />
        <Key Name="PlayerSummariesStartDate" Value="11-2010" />
        <Key Name="PlayerSummariesEndDate" Value="Mar-2014" />
        <Key Name="PlayerSummariesColumns" Value="playername,pokersite_id,totalhands,totalamountwon,vpip,pfr,threebet,postflopaggpct,wwsf,wtsd,wasd,flopcbet,turncbet,rivercbet,foldtoflopcbet,foldtoturncbet,foldtorivercbet,raisedflopcbet,raisedturncbet,raisedrivercbet,squeeze,raisetworaisers,calltworaisers,vs3betfold,vs3betcall,vs3betraise,vs4betfold,vs4betcall,vs4betraise" />
        <Key Name="PlayersRibbonTabDisplayMode" Value="PlayerSummaries" />
        <Key Name="MaxHandsForPlayerInReplayer" Value="0" />
        <Key Name="LastActiveReportIndex" Value="0" />
        <Key Name="PlayerDetailsStatsLastReport" Value="No Limit Holdem 6-Max" />
        <Key Name="MinimizeNotesInHandviewer" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="HelpWindowOpen" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="LastSelectedImportFolder" Value="C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\SFL50100HS_NMCBBVS" />
        <Key Name="AllowHM2ToRunWhenHM1IsRunning" Value="True" />
        <Key Name="AutoUpdatePromptVersion" Value="" />
        <Key Name="HandGridSplitHeight" Value="298" />
        <Key Name="VsPlayerHandGridSplitHeight" Value="352" />
        <Key Name="ReimportPurgedHands" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="TargetPlayer" Value="joo" />
        <Key Name="PlayerDetailsLastGameTypeIndex" Value="0" />
        <Key Name="MaxHandsCachedPerGBofRAM_Hybrid" Value="5000000" />
        <Key Name="MaxNumLogFiles" Value="1" />
        <Key Name="PopupsNeedUpdating" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="AutoUpdatePromptForBetas" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="PlayerNumberFilter" Value="2:2,10&#xA;3:2,10&#xA;4:2,10&#xA;5:2,10&#xA;6:2,10&#xA;7:2,10&#xA;8:2,10&#xA;9:2,10&#xA;10:2,10" />
        <Key Name="UsePreferredTableSeating" Value="True" />
        <Key Name="AutoRefreshReports" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="DismissedMessages" Value="ErrorReport.Send" />
        <Key Name="MyDayStartsAt" Value="0:0" />
        <Key Name="IsFirstDayOfWeek" Value="False" />
        <Key Name="PlayerDetailsLastSelectedHandType" Value="SawShowdown" />
        <Key Name="HUDDateFilter" Value="24" />
        <Key Name="PlayerDetailsLastTab" Value="0" />
    Last edited by fozzy71; 03-19-2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: code tags

You have to add the keys to the general section. Sorry if the instructions are a little confusing or vague. The 350000000/400 values are hard-coded values. If you add

Code:

<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />
    under general it will over-ride the default hard-coded values.

Hi, now it worked, atleast notecaddy is making notes much faster now.

I would still like to know if number of popups affect speed. For example I have flopcb popup in multiple stats so should I reduce this to one only??

Also are number of caddysparks in popups slowing down hud, would it be faster to have only number.

Quote Originally Posted by irpejoo View Post
    Hi, now it worked, atleast notecaddy is making notes much faster now.

I would still like to know if number of popups affect speed. For example I have flopcb popup in multiple stats so should I reduce this to one only??

Also are number of caddysparks in popups slowing down hud, would it be faster to have only number.
    I do not know if either of those things will cause performance issues but it might be. I don't think using the same popup for multiple stats will cause issues but if that popup has a lot of notecaddy definitions then it could be slowing things down. The best thing to do is try changing them to different popups without nc defs or reduce the number of nc defs and see if it helps. Did you check the link I posted to see if some of your definitions are inefficient and can be improved?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Did you check the link I posted to see if some of your definitions are inefficient and can be improved?
    I did but didnt really get this part

"Looking at player stats. If you filter by player types then there is a good chance that the associated color definition looks at player stats. If the color definition is using compiled stats then the slowdown will not be particularly severe. However, if it is using stats from the "HM2 stats" tab then the slowdown is likely to be significant. The reason for this is how HM2 computes players stats . HM2 loads every hand for a player and recalculates the stats in real time. This system has many benefits but it will undoubtedly cause a slowdown, particularly if you're trying to breeze through millions of hands. Consequently, the more hands a player has the more time it will take his stats to load."

However I did check the total runtime numbers and I have almost all very high. I usually dont check filters like multiway, hu, ip, op, game type, cashgames grouping or any other because they come with action filters if I filter position and such. Does checking those make my notes faster. How can I make my notes more efficient.

Anyway for example I have this old note B3B IP (with action bar which now dont exist anymore) where I dont have preflop actions filtered and this new note B3B-OP with action sequences bar where I have preflop filtered with two different cases. And this B3B OP have 15x more runtime than the old B3B IP. I wonder why is that?? B3B ip does happen about 3rd time compared to OP but that cant explain it at whole.

Check their stickies:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/

They have a lot of help for definitions.

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

Please duplicate the issue.

Open Control Panel - System - Administrative Tools - Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Banned

Do these changes to the .config file still apply to the latest release? I've tried multiple settings but HM2 never uses more then 300MB memory, which is less then Chrome and an obvious cause for the lag, black HUDs etc I'm experiencing. I have 16GB RAM and while running HM2 in total never more then 40% is used.

Lag.pngLag1.png

I've tried to remove the .config and edit the standard replacement in case it got corrupted in some way, but that didn't help either.

The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.
    This cap per 1kk hands, does it apply to hands in the DB or hands of the active player. I've tried switching hero to someone with few hands for better performance, but if that'd allow even less RAM that might have a reverse effect.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 03-26-2014 at 06:31 AM.

It should still work AFAIK. There have been no development changes that would affect how this works. I will have to do some testing to be sure.

It should affect the active player. Changing to a different player with just a few hands should release some RAM after some time but you might also want to try restarting HM2 after picking a player with just a few hands and see if that helps also. I will keep this tab open and try to do some testing on this later today, or more likely tomorrow as I am a bit behind as I was off yesterday.