Performance help needed - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thanks Patvs but I've gone through that previously. I was thinking more of the specific advice in here about getting HEM2 to use more RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker73 View Post
    Thanks Patvs but I've gone through that previously. I was thinking more of the specific advice in here about getting HEM2 to use more RAM.
    It really depends on your system specs and database size as to what settings will work best for you so you may have to try a few different edits. If you have a large database with a lot of hero/alias hands, 8 or more GB of RAM, and are using NC + NCE/NCA then I would suggest you try the max values of 2100000000/840 and see how it goes. This will use the max amount of RAM possible for the number of hands of your alias.

The more hands your alias has the more RAM it will use so if you have screen names from multiple sites you should create an alias and add all your screen names to the alias (and keep the alias selected in the reports). These numbers/edits will not force HM2 to use more ram if your database is huge yet your hero/alias does not have many hands which is what the most recent discussion was about. In these rare situations (that basically only happen if someone has imported millions of mined hands and very few played hands) the only way to force HM2 to use more RAM is to create an alias and add a lot of high volume villains from the database to the alias.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It really depends on your system specs and database size as to what settings will work best for you so you may have to try a few different edits. If you have a large database with a lot of hero/alias hands, 8 or more GB of RAM, and are using NC + NCE/NCA then I would suggest you try the max values of 2100000000/840 and see how it goes. This will use the max amount of RAM possible for the number of hands of your alias.

The more hands your alias has the more RAM it will use so if you have screen names from multiple sites you should create an alias and add all your screen names to the alias (and keep the alias selected in the reports). These numbers/edits will not force HM2 to use more ram if your database is huge yet your hero/alias does not have many hands which is what the most recent discussion was about. In these rare situations (that basically only happen if someone has imported millions of mined hands and very few played hands) the only way to force HM2 to use more RAM is to create an alias and add a lot of high volume villains from the database to the alias.
    My database is just under 300k hands and I haven't done any datamining. I am using NC AJA though. Do you think increasing the RAM usage would impact on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Husker73 View Post
    My database is just under 300k hands and I haven't done any datamining. I am using NC AJA though. Do you think increasing the RAM usage would impact on that?
    Did you read the NC AJA performance document that comes with the package? They recommend a lot of things be edited for optimum performance and one of the things is what I suggested above.

Yeah, I read as much as possible in terms of improving performance and try to follow all the advice. Just always searching for any other little tidbits that may help that I haven't tried yet.

I have sent them the results of my testing but this is a very low priority as it affects a very small number of customers that import a lot of mined/observed hands yet don't import/have many hero hands.
    I made a quick search on google about datamining sites. Here is what i found : .....

And that is just for a 5 minutes research on google. So that is at least 8 websites making a living on selling hand histories. And you say that nobody uses that...
    I say you should revise your statement, because when you make a software which is not set to work with mined hand histories, what you are doing is simply pushing your customers in the arms of your competitor.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 07-20-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: removed links

Banned

I agree that it makes no sense memory usage is strained when there's plenty available. You missed a few things though. A quick Google search shows more then 8 sites claiming PokerStars is rigged, yet it isn't. Ergo, trying to make a point with a Google search doesn't really make sense.

I say you should revise your statement, because when you make a software which is not set to work with mined hand histories
    You clearly missed the last part ↓

yet don't import/have many hero hands.

simply pushing your customers in the arms of your competitor.
    Good luck with that, start trying to import those hands. Besides that almost all users that want better performance use NoteCaddy, something 'the competitor' doesn't even have.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 07-20-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdash View Post
    I made a quick search on google about datamining sites. Here is what i found : .....

And that is just for a 5 minutes research on google. So that is at least 8 websites making a living on selling hand histories. And you say that nobody uses that...
    I say you should revise your statement, because when you make a software which is not set to work with mined hand histories, what you are doing is simply pushing your customers in the arms of your competitor.
    Only one of the sites we support does not have rules against using observed hands. We realize a number of customers do this, even though it is against the rules at the majority of sites we support, but we can not condone this activity even though there is no way for us to prevent our software from being used in this manner. I stand by my statement that it is still a small percentage of our customers that choose to do this. It may be a large percentage of NC users but they make up a small overall percentage of HM2 users.

I am closing this thread before it derails further off-topic as we don't generally entertain discussions about observed hands. If anyone else has questions about the workingset edits and how to use them for their system/database please start a new thread.