Cold Call/ Call Open - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Theory:

3% of 148 hands = 5 hands (of your post #5)
    Your post #6 screenshot: you cold called 7.14% in EP.
    It likely is NOT 7.14% of 146 hands

You played 146 hands in EP... and you Cold Called 7.14%.
    But the 7.14% are only the hands where you had the opportunity to Cold Call, which aren't all 146 hands.
    Well if you are saying it only shows the opportunities, that would lead to say a 3bet figure of say 10%, meaning that you had the opportunity to 3bet 10% of the time, which doesn't make sense for that or any other stat.

These are FR MTT Only

OK look at the screen shots, PIC1 shows 5 hands where I CC

PIC2 shows the opportunities

Note CO is Pic2 is 0 yet there is one hand

IN EP 146 hands at 7.14% is not 14 hands

OK after looking at the picture it would appear this stat does indeed just show opportunities and maybe I am wrong, in that all stats show just the opportunities, if so and I was trying to find a villains line and saw his CC in EP as say 21% I would assume he to be very loose when in fact that might not be the case. I want the HUD to reflect what they did and not what they could have done as that would be pointless, if you get my drift

I checked my 3bet stat which says 11% all well and good but when I put in Could 3bet it says 4.17, so indeed for 3bet it DOESN'T show just the opportunities

Confused,,,,, sorry for the long reply
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johncc; 03-11-2014 at 05:41 AM.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

So to Recap Cold Call % only shows the opportunities, which differs to all the other stats as I tested 20 of them and where we have been advising players that their CC in say BB is way to high, is indeed INCORRECT as it ONLY shows the opportunities

So is there a way of finding out the cc% when they did actually CC as I and many others thought that's what it meant, Filtering for it ofc will show 100%

TY

CC% = when you did.

Filtering for could cold call shows the opportunities.

Filtering for did cold call shows the times you did.

We've tested this on various databases and it is correct.

What Pat means is, the % cold call is of opportunities to cold call, not total hands.

Let's say you play 100 hands, in 50 of them, someone before you raises and it folds to you.

So you have 50 opportunities to cold call.

If you call 10 of these hands, your cold call % is 10/50 = 20%, not 10/100 = 10%.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    CC% = when you did.

Filtering for could cold call shows the opportunities.

Filtering for did cold call shows the times you did.

We've tested this on various databases and it is correct.

What Pat means is, the % cold call is of opportunities to cold call, not total hands.

Let's say you play 100 hands, in 50 of them, someone before you raises and it folds to you.

So you have 50 opportunities to cold call.

If you call 10 of these hands, your cold call % is 10/50 = 20%, not 10/100 = 10%.
    OK I get all that, but am confused as no other stats shows the opportunities, correct me if I am wrong as maybe PFR does, that's it

With no filter CC shows as 12.4, with a filter could cold call = 12.4% also

So why doesn't this happen for any other stat, as I explained in my 3bet in the post above

It is IMO just meaningless to know that player x had so many opportunities, instead of how often then did x stat

So does 3bet 4bet Cbet etc etc only show opportunities? I am guessing not

This surely changes this stat hugely for all players that previously thought a high CC figure was cold calling way to much, when they are perhaps not.

So finally why does the HUD shows the actual CC Opps and Instances, Unless ofc I have totally confused myself
    Last edited by johncc; 03-11-2014 at 01:11 PM.

You've totally confused me.

The HUD ONLY SHOWS % OF THE TIME YOU CC'D GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO.

It's the same with 3bet, cbet, any of the stats. Times done/Opportunity to do so.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

It is IMO just meaningless to know that player x had so many opportunities, instead of how often then did x stat

So does 3bet 4bet Cbet etc etc only show opportunities? I am guessing not

HM1 (PokerTracker 3): all stats were a % based on ALL hands.
    For example PFR: you've played 100 hands. You've raised first in (or reraised) 10 out of 100 hands--> 10%

HM2 (and also in PokerTracker 4): stats are a % based on opportunities.
    Again, let's look at PFR: you've played 100 hands. You've raised first in (or reraised) 10 out of 100 hands... but there were many hands where you didn't have the opportunity to raise. This happens a lot in STTs (and MTTs) where you often face an all-in push, and you can only 'call'. For this (extreme) example let's state in 40 hands you didn't have the opportunity to raise. So your PFR % is 10 out of 60 hands---> 17%.

This change affects all stats (3bet, 4bet, cbet, etc. it even includes VPIP). Read the stat changes part: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...eUpdateUtility

The idea behind this is, it's meaningless to show a percentage based on all hands (so the exact opposite of your statement).
    This can be confusing in reports if the report does show all hands, so try using a Could filter so the report shows the number of hands when you had the opportunity.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here