HUD fails to recognize 6-max/9-max tables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HUD fails to recognize 6-max/9-max tables

Hi,

this is not a problem regarding the newest update. I have this problem now forever and I am giving it another shot to solve it. I wrote previously hm-support but no solution was found. I'm posting this here in the hopes that maybe someone else has the same problem.

Occasionally HM2 does not recognize correctly Pokerstars table size. There are instances in which I would start 6-max tables and the table is recognized as 4-max. The same problem happens sometimes with fullring (9-max) tables where they are recognized as 8-max.

I have tried pretty much everything, I exported my HUD, delted all the files and reimported it again. I uninstalled HM2 multiple times. I uninstalled Pokerstars as well.

I use the Nova theme, play on Pokerstars.it and use Win7. HM and stars got all the necessary rights to work properly.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Actually, realized that I have not mentioned what the actual problem was haha. Obvoiusly it's no big deal that the tables are recognized as 4-max or 8-max, the problem is that they switch back and forth randomly, despite having set them manually to 6-max or 9-max tables!

Do you have the same issue NOT using Nova, but use either Classic of BLACK.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn User Account Control on or off - Microsoft Windows Help
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I use w7 and kaspersky pure.

\holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as admins

problem happens with also the black or classic theme

I turned off UAC and it still happend

I just realized that I have not an exception for hm2.exe in my firewall, mistakenly confused it with hm.exe. I'll try this then I'll check in.

Does this happen on cash games or tournaments for you? We have a ticket for it in tournaments but I don't see any tickets written for it in cash games.

HM:7739: Pokerstars MTT HUD - wrong table size detected when tournaments starts with table that is not full

No it has not happend with tournaments yet, however, I'm rarely playing any. This happens only if I start or join tables with less than 4 or 8 players, for 6-max and 9-max respectively. It would never happen if the table were full. However, it would happen randomly at a full table, if earlier in the session it was recognized at 4-max or 8-max.

Haven't figured out how to give permissions in Kaspersky Pure, it's a mess and frankly I don't really want to invest all that time. I guess I'm going to continue how it was.

One more thing, this problem showed up in early May 2013. Before I never had any problems. I reckond at the time that it was an update of either Stars or HM2.

I found this with a quick google search. Hopefully it helps - How to configure the Trusted applications tab in Kaspersky PURE R2?

Make sure the poker client and hand histories are both in English. If it is not, you need to change it in the Lobby Options or reinstall the software and choose English.

- Please close HM2 and Poker Stars.
    - Go to C:\Program Files\PokerStars (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
    - Right click the PokerStars.exe and choose “Properties”.
    - Go to the Compatibility Tab and select “Run this program as an Administrator”. If this option is greyed out it is because the UAC is disabled and you are already running as admin so there is no need to change anything.
    - Please repeat steps 1-3 for PokerStarsUpdate.exe, holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe and all of the easyhook, blitz.dll files and the stars/stars inject files in C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version) although holdemmanager.exe should already be set to run as admin by default.

If you continue to have problems, please use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report

Please reproduce the problem and attach:
    - a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - a hand history for the table
    - a screenshot of the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the picture
    - Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager and your prefs.xml file from the \Config folder.
    - Please send a log file as well

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and let us know that you also sent a HUD error report. Please include a link to this forum thread also.

Yeah I found this too on the Kaspersky website but it wasn't any particular help. I pretty much gave up on it.

I gave those files the necessary rights with the exception of the .dll files, I am not quite sure hot to change it. There is no compatibility tab.

compatibility.jpg

I will try to reproduce the problem and send you all the data. Should not take me too long

We'll check out your email.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

sorry for the delay, I was in vacation the past few days. Sent the files now.