Stars freezes for some seconds but getting more and more frequent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stars freezes for some seconds but getting more and more frequent

hello

i currently use TN2 light + Starshelper combo at Stars. i use TN2 to enjoy its proper and cool table activation, which not steals focus from noteing, and Starshelper is to do other betpot functions, because it seems to be faster working than TN2.

i started to use this combo cca 10 days before, and it seems a powerful idea
    but sometimes Stars lobby and table's windows became unresponsive, foggy white frozen for some seconds. tonight it got even worse and quite frequent so i got tilted in prev session, it was really ugly. anyone experienced some short second freezes from Stars in the recent days? anyone uses this combo for the same purposes? is this problem Pokerstars related, or Tn2 and Starshelper not working properly together in some cases?

basically the combo of the 2 software did well in my opinon, and Starshelper was really fast, just these Stars freezes came, and got more and more frequent in the last days
    i set Starshelper to run as administrator, and not really experienced any other tehcnical problems, so i dont really understand it

also i haveto mention to describe the problem, that during the lagging, or short term freezing hm1 hud disappears from the table, and then comes back if things start to run normally

maybe its internet connection related? my inet is not bad, quite fast and stable, but stopped tonight for some seconds also, and as i heard at their HQ tonight they ll be working on their network a lot in the close future so users may experience some sucky things
    Last edited by boy_with_kk; 02-21-2014 at 10:55 PM.

my os is a win7 64, i3 desktop with 4gb ram, with around 50% cpu load, and there is still 20-25% free mem while grinding at max table number, so i dont really think its hardwere related

using sotwares : HM1, Tablescan turbo, TN2 lite, Starshelper, Tiltbreaker, Placemint 3.0, X-Mouse Controls (its a small app, which enables me to activate and bring to top non poker table windows, basically it seems to be a cool Win7 app for those who miss the TweakUI's XMouse feature from XP)

1) Try to NOT use Starshelper and see what will be.
    2) Anyway - you should set ALL to run as admin. Totally all.

in the last few days worked withot these lags, maybe it was that big network upgrade of my inet provider. they providing many types of services, like tv, telehone etc, and they worked on the telephone lines, but maybe the internet was also affected. maybe Stars client did not handled that easily

i have another question, for which the answer is i think the most general for this case, maybe i googled it once, but i forgot it, and now i cant find it:
    i dont use jump mouse to table in TN2, i think i turned it off everywhere and seems like its turned off till i click and move my mouse in my very sliglty overlapped (handmade and satisfied with it) layout, but :
    when i want to stay a bit longer out of my table windows' layout area, and for example start manually a table in Stars lobby (located separately, next to the tables), or i wanna browse some seconds the internet, my mouse cursor jumps back to one of the tables (happens quite frequently even at the sessions start, when i dont think there are so many action yet)
    so what are the basic ideas/setup combinations to avoid it?

ty, bye bye

here are my Popup settings in TN2 lite:
    i dont use Layout, and Cycling/Table aside tabs, i disabled everything in them

settingsup.jpg

so i think i turned off jumping mouse, i dont need it at all, but it jumps back to the tables with a moderate frequency (im 10 tabling) when im trying to do things in the Stars lobby for example

i d like to turn off jumping mouse totally, but also d like to keep any other table activation properties that the current config provides

+ i dont want to any focus steal from writing notes in Hm1 which is currently solved with this config. focus stealin from notes is a very bad thing, so not to steal is priceless
    Last edited by boy_with_kk; 02-25-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Hi

I can't reproduce this, so let me try to understand what is happening, You are in PS lobby, as soon as the table requires action the mouse goes to that table is this what is happening?

Can you please email me your log file and i can try and reproduce this using your settings

Go to the help tab in TN2 > click on contact support > click send logs to Table Ninja

Once you do this it will create a zipped file with all the settings/logs, Please note the location the files are being saved to.

Once you do this attach the zipped file to an email and send it to us so we can review it for any errors.

Email support@tableninja.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

so i tested it a bit more with few tables to see exactly what's happening:

"You are in PS lobby, as soon as the table requires action the mouse goes to that table is this what is happening?"
    yes i think basically this is what's happening, and its annoying when i try to start a table manually

if it gets my turn on a table, and the cursor is in the Stars lobby it jumps back to a tables thats just gets activated, and requires action, it jumps a bit above the big Bet, Call, Fold, Raise action buttons, so to a position just like it jumped in TN1, if jump mouse to table was activated.

it jumps at about this position marked with the red circle :
    sshot.jpg

i dont need this feature, i think its for slow handed masstablers

but if cursor is outside the Stars lobby, for example if its in the desktop, or in a browser window it not jumps back to the table, which i dont mind

if im at one of my tables, it never jumps to another table, just from the Stars lobby

i tried turning off Starshelper, it does the same then, and the lags and freezes also was not related to it, now all runs ok except this mouse jumping

i upload the log. TN2 complained about it detected lags sometimes after i started to use Starshelper too, it did once after my Stars client short term freezes disappeared. you may see some informations about it, i dont know, but now im not seeing laggings, its just damn fast. maybe its related to hybernating, but almost never rebooting your pc? i ll try it if problem restarts
    so i send you an email with the log

hmm, i succeeded sending it, but i have seen some of my older log files, which are not in this zip are quite big uncompressed, i have a 123052 KB one, and a 203873 KB one with logging level Normal.
    Ok its maybe due to im using Hibernating instead of switching off my pc, and i rarely restart the machine nor the TN2.
    At these circumtances, and playing a lot is it ok to have logfile sizes of that? The bigger as i expect were built up in a 2weeks period.

Also, for being decent at support, now i tell you about a bug that i found about your licensing system while i used the trial version:
    As i hibernate, and not restarting the software regularly, and it only checks the license, or trial expiration on startup, you can use an expired trial for quite long days till you not restart the machine ot the software accidentally :P If you choose not to download and install automatically the updates, so software is likely not restart itself it can be a long time. Maybe its the same with the monthly license renewals + hibernate also. Altogh i dont see this 'what to do if new update is detected' rolldown menu in Lite now, so you may solved it at least partially.

Bye bye:
    Norbert

haha, i found the reason, and it was one of my few to try toughts, and the jumping back from the Stars lobby to
    a getting active table was caused because im using this third party X-mouse software for raising non-poker table windows:xmc.jpg

it was so hard to find something that does the same work decently what TweakUi Xmouse did for winxp, and many grinder cried about it, and it was the best i found

as i turned off this Xmouse Controls window raising tool the jumping back bug disappeared, as turned on, it reappeared. so its not your fault. this jumping back stayed with any "bring it to top..." or "do nothing" option

so maybe for that short time while i start some new tables, Toggle hotkeys bind in TN2 would solve it, but i cant try it as it seems its not available in TN2 Lite

maybe i should make a mouse macro what turns on/off Xmouse controls

as even 2 scrreens are few to have placed everything without overlapping, even if tables are not overlapped, thanx to there arent really 4:3 huge screens available, grinders need not only pokertable windows raising, but for example i use it for raising the lobby, tablescanner, and find player window which are quite frequently used
    so you may consider implementing window raising functions not only for tables, but optionally for another windows also, which not colludes with your system

bye bye

edit : yeah, made a script of the macros, and bound to F9 / F11 turning on/off the Xmouse controls
    Last edited by boy_with_kk; 02-26-2014 at 10:54 PM.

1) Glad to see you found a cause.
    2) TN is developed to work with poker clients - not with scanner\browser\etc.
    3) Regardling avility to see (via TN) what is going on all tables ... please wait a bit, something is in development progress

Live long and prosper and good luck at the tables!