Advanced composite defintions make HUD unusable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Advanced composite defintions make HUD unusable

Hi

I have made some pretty advanced composite definitions to use in my HUD, but they make my HUD completely unusable. It takes 5-30 minutes for all my notecaddy stats to show up on a table and during this period of time I am not able to use my popups. Trying to open the popups causes lag for up to 1min, leading to a lot of timeouts.

Same thing happens on a small db and this does not happen when I use a HUD that doesn't have any notecaddy stats. None of the comp defs use HM2 stats. I have SSD, I7 processor and 64gb ram. Have done all of the speed improvements for HM2 and notecaddy, including removing the ram cap in the HM2.conf file.

Is there a limit to how much you can put into a composite definition for it to work properly? My longest ones cover several pages in a MS Word document.

Very frustrating to have done all this work and not being able to use these comp defs.

Is there a limit to how much you can put into a composite definition for it to work properly? My longest ones cover several pages in a MS Word document.
    Well, i think this might be the problem. Just think how much data needs to be crunched in split-seconds......

http://www.cray.com/Products/Computing/XC/

Probably you should go for this small computer to handle your defs
    Last edited by karstenkloss; 02-21-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Banned

Well, the XC30 might be a bit expensive for a poker-PC. They now also have a budget model that might suit you better: Own a Cray XC30-AC supercomputer for $500,000 - May. 7, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HossendeHaai View Post
    Well, the XC30 might be a bit expensive for a poker-PC. They now also have a budget model that might suit you better: Own a Cray XC30-AC supercomputer for $500,000 - May. 7, 2013
    Al_Bundy_excited.gif

No direction but to trust the final destination

Composite performance will be improved in the next 2.5 beta version. They were never intended to be multiple pages though so I can't say that further effort would be put to make them usable beyond what's in that next release
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)