Pokerstars Preferred Seating and HUD Placement Issues v7995+
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Pokerstars Preferred Seating and HUD Placement Issues v7995+

We extended a new feature that automatically grabs your preferred seating position on PokerStars.com from the stars settings files to support international sites now too. A lot of people struggle with setting up seating positioning initially so this has been a huge help to our users.

However this did introduce some issues for some isolated cases.There are some scenarios which caused the wrong seats to be allocated as your preferred seating.

The following should help you fix any issues while we work on further improvements that should take care of these automatically. We apologize for any inconvenience we caused with these isolated issues but once they are taken care of this will be a much more user friendly experience for all users and users of the .com site or people who only have one site installed should not experience these issues at all.

At any point did you have more than 1 PokerStars version installed eg. Pokerstars.com and Pokerstars.FR:

This is likely to happen if you previously had .com installed and then installed .fr, the .com user settings will still be there and we read the settings from .com even though your playing on .fr and this is causing a conflict as its reading the wrong settings.

Navigate to:
    Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\ folder and see if you have more than 1 Pokerstars folder i.e Pokerstars or Pokerstars.EU and/or Pokerstars.FR etc

Please close all PokerStars clients and then inside each of these folders for pokerstars.com,pokerstars.fr etc delete the user.ini file EXCEPT for the user.ini file inside the client you play on. Example, you play on pokerstars.fr but there is a pokerstars.com folder and pokerstars.fr folder. In that case you delete the user.ini file from pokerstars.com and DONT delete it from pokerstars.fr since that is the client you play on.

If you only have one PokerStars folder, close PokerStars, delete your current user.ini file. Start PokerStars again, and re-setup your seating preferences in PokerStars*. Then in HM2 -> Site Setup-> check if Holdem Manager has adopted those settings.

Note: In HM2--> Site Setup--> PokerStars--> it's normal it will display NONE for the PokerStars seating preferences. You no longer have to set this up in HoldemManager as it will 'read' all seating preferences from the user.ini file, directly from PokerStars.

You play on both .com and an international site like .fr

This was not designed for users to play on more than one client, however if you do this you will need to make sure that you choose the same preferred seating in both clients. We cannot determine which client you are running so its impossible for us to detect which are the correct settings if you are using more than 1 client. I would imagine most people would have the same preferred seating anyway but just double check the seating preference settings are identical in both clients.

Pokerstars new auto-center option
    This is a new feature added by stars called: Auto-center me when automatically seated, it auto centers you on the table if you joined a table without specifying a seat. If you joined a table by selecting a seat like you can through the table preview for example then it wont auto center you in that scenario. In this scenario you are basically setting different preferred seats for the same table types. This is something that is just not possible to support so if you use this option then it will confuse HM2 and the wrong seats will be assigned on some tables.

We are implementing a solution to turn off auto detection if for some reason people want to keep this setting but in the meantime until that patch is applies its not compilable with HM2 and so you should not choose the highlighted option below "Auto-center me when automatically seated" with the red box. You can access this via options > preferred seat in the stars lobby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    We extended a new feature that automatically grabs your preferred seating position on PokerStars.com from the stars settings files to support international sites now too. A lot of people struggle with setting up seating positioning initially so this has been a huge help to our users.

However this did introduce some issues for some isolated cases.There are some scenarios which caused the wrong seats to be allocated as your preferred seating.

The following should help you fix any issues while we work on further improvements that should take care of these automatically. We apologize for any inconvenience we caused with these isolated issues but once they are taken care of this will be a much more user friendly experience for all users and users of the .com site or people who only have one site installed should not experience these issues at all.

At any point did you have more than 1 PokerStars version installed eg. Pokerstars.com and Pokerstars.FR:

This is likely to happen if you previously had .com installed and then installed .fr, the .com user settings will still be there and we read the settings from .com even though your playing on .fr and this is causing a conflict as its reading the wrong settings.

Navigate to:
    Windows 7: C:Users{username}AppDataLocal folder and see if you have more than 1 Pokerstars folder i.e Pokerstars or Pokerstars.EU and/or Pokerstars.FR etc

Please close all PokerStars clients and then inside each of these folders for pokerstars.com,pokerstars.fr etc delete the user.ini file EXCEPT for the user.ini file inside the client you play on. Example, you play on pokerstars.fr but there is a pokerstars.com folder and pokerstars.fr folder. In that case you delete the user.ini file from pokerstars.com and DONT delete it from pokerstars.fr since that is the client you play on.

If you only have one PokerStars folder, close PokerStars, delete your current user.ini file. Start PokerStars again, and re-setup your seating preferences in PokerStars*. Then in HM2 -> Site Setup-> check if Holdem Manager has adopted those settings.

Note: In HM2--> Site Setup--> PokerStars--> it's normal it will display NONE for the PokerStars seating preferences. You no longer have to set this up in HoldemManager as it will 'read' all seating preferences from the user.ini file, directly from PokerStars.

You play on both .com and an international site like .fr

This was not designed for users to play on more than one client, however if you do this you will need to make sure that you choose the same preferred seating in both clients. We cannot determine which client you are running so its impossible for us to detect which are the correct settings if you are using more than 1 client. I would imagine most people would have the same preferred seating anyway but just double check the seating preference settings are identical in both clients.

Pokerstars new auto-center option
    This is a new feature added by stars called: Auto-center me when automatically seated, it auto centers you on the table if you joined a table without specifying a seat. If you joined a table by selecting a seat like you can through the table preview for example then it wont auto center you in that scenario. In this scenario you are basically setting different preferred seats for the same table types. This is something that is just not possible to support so if you use this option then it will confuse HM2 and the wrong seats will be assigned on some tables.

We are implementing a solution to turn off auto detection if for some reason people want to keep this setting but in the meantime until that patch is applies its not compilable with HM2 and so you should not choose the highlighted option below "Auto-center me when automatically seated" with the red box. You can access this via options > preferred seat in the stars lobby

Tried everything in here, still canīt get it to work. Followed the instructions to the point like 5 times now. Maybe I am still missing something? Last resort, switch to PT4..?

Deleting the user.ini and "creating" a new one doesn't solve the problem: In the options section of the file there's again the line
    "SeatPref=0 1 1 2 2 0 1"

There's only one pokerstars.eu folder in my \appdata\local; furthermore a search over \appdata\local only found one user.ini file (located in \pokerstars.eu).

The HM log reports
    21:43:40.158 [Main:1 - StarsSettings.ReadSettingsWhenNecessary] [General] Preferred Seating: Can't find Stars seat list line.
    21:43:40.158 [Main:1 - ConfigurationService.autoDetectClientSeating] [General] Preferred Seating: Found.
    21:43:40.158 [Main:1 - ConfigurationService.autoDetectClientSeating] [General] Preferred Seating -> Stars config: HU="-1" max6="-1" max9="-1" max10="-1" max4="-1" max8="-1" />
    21:43:40.189 [Main:1 - ConfigurationService.get_CurrentCulture] [General] Windows culture is de-DE

I wonder how it's possible to allocate the 7 (!) positions of "SeatPref" (I assume that every number represents a table) to only 6 (!) "tables" in HM "Stars config"?
    Or is the problem caused due to the reason that "seat list line" cannot be found?

I am playing on Pokerstars.eu too.

I have done the whole thing described here. Thanks for letting me set up all my options, themes, table layouts and whatnot again :-(

Especially since it's not working. The HUD is still rotating more or less randomly around my table.

Guys, this is crap. Get a fix, and get it quick.

EDIT: I have no idea where the log is, so can't quote it.
    Last edited by fabadam; 02-19-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fabadam View Post
    I am playing on Pokerstars.eu too.

I have done the whole thing described here. Thanks for letting me set up all my options, themes, table layouts and whatnot again :-(

Especially since it's not working. The HUD is still rotating more or less randomly around my table.

Guys, this is crap. Get a fix, and get it quick.
    Have the same problem. To support: get teamviewer on and fix this. You have to provide better service than rewriting the answers given earlier in the threads

I have tried leaving all tables and starting back up a few times now, and the first tables seems OK every time, the next ones then are not.

Yeah, thats because with every table you open extra, the seats move one spot to the right So basically, i need a HM supportmember to put me on skype and teamviewer and with it for me. About 10 mins work and I can go back and play.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGblurrrr View Post
    Have the same problem. To support: get teamviewer on and fix this. You have to provide better service than rewriting the answers given earlier in the threads
    Exactly, I don't have the time to do all this for a small chance that it might work. Please fix this (maybe just add a compatibility mode or something).

I really like HEM but kind of wonder if other products break the hud as often. This is the fifth time HM+HM2 broke for me and every time it's annoying.

Read this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ml#post2170202 and test it playing a regular table (not a Zoom table)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Read this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ml#post2170202 and test it playing a regular table (not a Zoom table)
    That is exactly what I did, as described above. IT IS STILL NOT WORKING CORRECTLY.
    Situation:
    * PokerStars.Eu, just one PS folder on the PC
    * Using "Always Autocenter me" option in PS client

I have done the whole damn load of file tweaking in your distributed set of posts over in the other thread. At least I think, because it's rather a jumbled mess where I have to go criss-cross across 4 posts mixed throughout a thread and do loads and loads of tweaks.

All this wouldn't be so bad, if the buttons on the table stats bar would still work, I could just rotate every table myself then. But it falls back to its erroneous position automatically. I am returning to the previous 7990 release.