Pokerstars Preferred Seating and HUD Placement Issues v7995+ - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Do you have more than one stars install location? Did you ever before? Check for .eu, or any other country's software installation. If you are not playing on more than one, uninstall the other, and delete the c:\user\username\appdata\local\pokerstars.xx folder for that corresponding version and delete the c:\programfiles folder for that version. If you previously had one installed, check in the appdata folder - there probably is still a folder. Delete any for sites you no longer use.

If you play on multiple sites, make sure they have the same seat preferences set and Please turn off auto center in Stars' options, for all seats. Please see this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img534/4143/783.gif

If you still encounter a problem, close HM and Stars. Add the Stars appdata folder from above to these steps as well:

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

Delete the c:\programfiles\pokerstars\user.ini file.

Now restart Stars and make sure your seats are assigned. Then, open HM2. If the site setup has preferred seating set, then all is well.

Search your computer for user.ini

this will find any other places it is. Delete the one in programfiles only. It will be replaced and corrected after.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by fabadam View Post
    That is exactly what I did, as described above. IT IS STILL NOT WORKING CORRECTLY.
    Situation:
    * PokerStars.Eu, just one PS folder on the PC
    * Using "Always Autocenter me" option in PS client

I have done the whole damn load of file tweaking in your distributed set of posts over in the other thread. At least I think, because it's rather a jumbled mess where I have to go criss-cross across 4 posts mixed throughout a thread and do loads and loads of tweaks.

All this wouldn't be so bad, if the buttons on the table stats bar would still work, I could just rotate every table myself then. But it falls back to its erroneous position automatically. I am returning to the previous 7990 release.
    I returned to the previous release, but still my tables hud is all over the place.
    Come on support. This has been a problem for me for 5 days now

Try this with 7995: create <user>\AppData\Local\Pokerstars folder and copy your user.ini from /Pokerstars.EU into it.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

OK so I haven't played in a few weeks I come back and install this new update now my HUD font is all bigger so I have to change that and the HUD isn't matching up to my preferred seat, or anywhere for that matter. seems to be pretty random just puts my HUD down wherever and it's making it impossible to play. Tried rolling back to 7990 but still having same issue. This is very frustrating, please stop 'fixing' things when they work fine in the first place. Don't have time for this bull.
    Last edited by andymc1; 02-25-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Try this with 7995: create <user>\AppData\Local\Pokerstars folder and copy your user.ini from /Pokerstars.EU into it.
    Confirmed: With this workaround everthings fine again for me with 7995. Hope HM2 will be able in the next release to read this information from Pokerstars.EU too!

These changes should be available in the next gold beta release. While we do not have an exact date for the release, you will receive a prompt to update once available as long as you have enabled the Settings > General > [x] Prompt for Beta Updates.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Default I've been having the same problem since the last update. Any solutions???

I've been having the same problem since the last update. Any solutions???

That is exactly what I did, as described above. IT IS STILL NOT WORKING CORRECTLY.
    Situation:
    * PokerStars.Eu, just one PS folder on the PC
    * Using "Always Autocenter me" option in PS client

I have done the whole damn load of file tweaking in your distributed set of posts over in the other thread. At least I think, because it's rather a jumbled mess where I have to go criss-cross across 4 posts mixed throughout a thread and do loads and loads of tweaks.

All this wouldn't be so bad, if the buttons on the table stats bar would still work, I could just rotate every table myself then. But it falls back to its erroneous position automatically. I am returning to the previous 7990 release.

Quote Originally Posted by eurovalve View Post
    Basically what I did: go back to the 7990 release (link to it is in the thread for the 7990 release here). Then wait for HEM2 developers to fix this. At least that's how I interpret the postings on the forums here.
    NOTE: It would help if HEM development gave some clear statement, similar to post 16 above here, but more explicit, what they are going to do. I work in IT myself, and I understand this is a problem that sort of blindsided the HEM team that can't be fixed very quickly. Especially since you want to make sure the fix actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by eurovalve View Post

And read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ml#post2170202
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Basically what I did: go back to the 7990 release (link to it is in the thread for the 7990 release here). Then wait for HEM2 developers to fix this. At least that's how I interpret the postings on the forums here.
    NOTE: It would help if HEM development gave some clear statement, similar to post 16 above here, but more explicit, what they are going to do. I work in IT myself, and I understand this is a problem that sort of blindsided the HEM team that can't be fixed very quickly. Especially since you want to make sure the fix actually works.

Downgrading to 7990, waiting for a magical HM2 update that 'fixes' this issue is not a real solution.

In the past you had to setup the seating preferences for PokerStars both in HM2 and in PokerStars.
    (resulting in a lot of problems if those settings didn't match)
    Build 7995: HoldemManager will automatically detect the PokerStars user.ini file.
    You no longer have to set up the seating preferences manually in HoldemManager.

If HoldemManager shows 'NONE' for all the PokerStars seating preferences, it's unable to detect the user.ini file or there is a corruption in the user.ini file.

An HM2 update (>7996+) won't really fix anything, if your user.ini file is corrupt, or it still can't find it. The only thing >7996+ will attempt to address is how to handle it if you have multiple user.ini files (for example one for PokerStars.EU and one for PokerStars.FR)

So ideally, if you have half an hour, close HM2, close PokerStars, and go over: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ml#post2170202

And play some 1 cents / 2 cents microstakes at a regular table (not Zoom).