Hem2 Import Speed

Default Hem2 Import Speed

Hey guys just looking for a bit of advice. Ive just updated my computer so I have a new Samsung 840 pro SSD drive and am also now running Windows 8.1. I was hoping for an increase in my import speeds, my old hard drive used to be between 100-200 without dropping below, but import now seems to be running a lot slower than this.

My computer is:- Dell Studio XPS 435MT with an Intel Core i7 CPU, 920@2.67 ghz and 8GB Ram

My database only has about 127K hands in it once I had restored from a saved version and when I have tried importing Im getting speeds under 100 a lot of the time but closer to 50 for the most part. Ive tried following the guides on setting things up correctly for SSD and the tweaks and also followed the performance tips along with making sure my comp is up to date.

I wonder if anyone could find a solution please.

Thanks.

Edit: Not sure if its worth mentioning but the reports are loading a hell of a lot quicker than they were on my old hard disk.
    Last edited by MartL; 02-05-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

On which site did you play your hands (and what type of hands?):
    for example HU hands played on PokerStars will import a lot faster than full ring hands played on ipoker.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

The version of PostgreSQL is the one packaged with the HEM2 download and the hands are all FR Pokerstars hands.

Just messing with things and started a new import and the import speed started as low as 7 but slowly went up to about 117 when it finished importing. Ive just tried another file and that started at just over 200 but has now dropped to about 175. Should I be expecting more than that with a SSD or is that the sort of import speeds I can expect but with the quicker time generating reports?

How many hands are you importing every time?

With a regular HDD, the import speed should be between 50-100 hands a second.
    (they will be faster if the database is nearly empty... they will be slower if the database is really large, or you're importing 1+ million hands at once).

With a SSD, the import speed should be between 50-400 hands a second.

the import speed started as low as 7 but slowly went up to about 117
    If you're only importing a couple of thousands hands, half the time is spend by Windows checking:
    -where are the handhistory files located
    -what is the size of the file, how many files are there, etc.

Try importing 1 million hands at once, to reach a speed, much closer to your maximum import speed.

---

Also upgrade PostgreSQL 8.4.x to 9.0 (64 bit) or 9.2 (64 bit) (don't install 9.1 or 9.3).
    Then edit the PostgreSQL.config file:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html
    And REBOOT your computer after you've made changes.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

If you install PostgreSQL 9.2 (64 bit) to for example port 5433:
    make sure
    -pg_ctl.exe
    -postgres.exe
    -port 5433
    are added to the exceptions list of your Windows Firewall (even if the firewall if turned off), your Firewall and anti-virus program

Tweak the PostgreSQL.config file assigning more RAM to PostgreSQL.
    Turn off logging.
    (reboot your computer after changes to the PostgreSQL.config file)

Ok Thanks.

Im just downloading 9.2, if I install this will everything start using that automatically or will I have to uninstall the other?

Edit: Oh and how do I turn off logging?
    Last edited by MartL; 02-05-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Cut a long story short seemed to get it working well but had a ton of postgreSQL processes running for what looked like 2 installs maybe the original and the 9.2. I uninstalled the 8.3 one expecting that just to leave 9.2 on there. I rebooted to find that I can no longer connect to my db. I have reinstalled the earlier version but this just starts a new HEM2 with a new db, is there any way I will be able to save my DB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'll have to reimport your hands into a new database, when using PostgreSQL 9.2.
    If you install it to a different port, both 8.x and 9.2 can run side by side simultaneously.
    (but if you're only using 9.2, you can uninstall 8.x)

To turn off logging, read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html

To connect to your old database, install the old 8.x again, go to Home tab---> Database---> connect to your old database.
    If you can't select your old database, uninstall 8.x. Then install it again, make sure when you can select the location of the /data folder, you select your old /data folder which contains your database. Also read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...tallPostgreSQL