colors in popups - or simply a multi-stage HUD

Default colors in popups - or simply a multi-stage HUD

I am not sure why this hasn't been done already, but it would seem very ideal to have a rollover popup that is also more configurable display-wise like the regular HUD.

Or even better, it would be nice if the regular HUD could have panels that only show upon rollover.

For example, how often do you really look at all the stats? Not every hand. But when you do, it's important to get to them quickly, and it would be very nice to keep the same look. The popups often have to much info and take up a lot of room.

Basically what I am thinking is, why not just show the basic three stats all the time, and then on rollover, extend the hud for that player (to show the 12, 15, or more stats that most people use).

Or if it's simpler, why not allow range color coding in the popups? This could simulate the same effect (i.e., main popup for player name could be in essence the larger "HUD" array of 15-20 stats).

Is there anything out there that does this currently that I simply haven't found? I've looked a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
    The popups often have to much info and take up a lot of room.

Instead of the big default popup (with all those stats), try using custom popups instead. Watch video @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...p+Introduction
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Instead of the big default popup (with all those stats), try using custom popups instead. Watch video @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...p+Introduction
    I understand popups already. My idea/question is, why not allow for a "show on rollover/click" HUD panel, so that the stats can be laid out with COLOR as in the main HUD?

For example, regular HUD like this:

VPIP PFR S hands

When you roll over, a panel extends below:

3B/Fv3B/S/fBB
    CB/FvCB/etc.
    etc.

Basically, why not take the interface design to the next level, and just show the basics (what's used 80% of the time), to faciliate multi-tabling layouts, then have an extension that is still color coded for quick use for more decision making?

I feel like popups, with their lack of color coding, are more fore those rare times when a more extensive decision is being made. I am in the works of trying a streamline popup anyway, just to see how it works, but I think it would be really nice to have the color coding there.

I use a large HUD and have many of the stats color-coded. It would be great if there was a way for me to have a smaller HUD, but then display the large HUD for each player individually as I needed to look at more detail. You might think that that is exactly what the pupups do, but the popups do not do this. In order for the popups to be able to do this, the popups would need to be given all the functionality of the HUD (colors, large number of stats, font type and font size, and the option to have the stats NOT displayed in columns). If this were to be done, then I would create a popup that is identical to my current HUD, and I would be able to us a much smaller HUD.

The basic idea is give us the ability to make popups that are identical to the HUD, so that we can display fewer stats in the HUD.

Exactly what I was asking for. (and you're right, the popups as-is, besides lacking color coding, force the column layout, and also the font type and size)

It would be also ideal if it could have its own activation setting - like rollover note icon, or hot zone in main HUD, or hotkey (plus whatever hud the pointer is over).

So HM, what do you think? This would literally be a game changer. Even the Holdem Indicator's basic HUD has something like this (but more like a regular popup). Being able to have basically a secondary HUD would be a frontline feature, I would imagine. Many times I limit my number of tables simply due to real estate and that I often end up turning off the HUD since I just can't fit the stats I really want.