SSD full-Want to backup to the cloud.Will it keep notecaddy notes or get rid of them?

Default SSD full-Want to backup to the cloud.Will it keep notecaddy notes or get rid of them?

My SSD is full,

Having lots of trouble manually backing up my data base and i don't have the aptitude or any more motivation to try and get it working.

The main reason its full is because i had both notecaddy options ticked unknowingly( i never really use it anyway).

So ive now unticked both notecaddy options and im in the process of backing up to the cloud. Once backed up to the cloud ill uninstall HM2. Then reinstall it. Un tick both notecaddy options again and grab my hands of the cloud ( 7600 batches).

So the way i see it i have two options:

1.With the options un ticked will it not write the notes again on these recoverd hands ?

or

2. will the notes Still be there with the cloud back up?

If its 1 ill reinstall back on ssd with my new found space.

if its 2 ill get a bigger hard drive.

I moved this back to the HM2 forums. The HM Cloud is a completely new program and has nothing to do with the HM Sync feature in HM2 at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkemGeeMan View Post
    My SSD is full,

Having lots of trouble manually backing up my data base and i don't have the aptitude or any more motivation to try and get it working.

The main reason its full is because i had both notecaddy options ticked unknowingly( i never really use it anyway).
    Vacuum/Reindex of the database would reclaim some of this space but if you don't want to use it you can delete the data.

You can delete the notecaddy_data table from pgadmin to reclaim this space.

PGAdmin > Servers > PostgreSQL > Databases > Database Name > Schemas > public > Tables > notecaddy_data > right-click > delete/drop

So ive now unticked both notecaddy options and im in the process of backing up to the cloud. Once backed up to the cloud ill uninstall HM2. Then reinstall it. Un tick both notecaddy options again and grab my hands of the cloud ( 7600 batches).
    There is no need to backup to the cloud to do what you want. You do NOT need to reinstall HM2 or PostgreSQL. You could just create a new database, delete your existing/old database and import the original hands to the new database now that notecaddy is disabled.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

So the way i see it i have two options:

1.With the options un ticked will it not write the notes again on these recoverd hands ?

or

2. will the notes Still be there with the cloud back up?

If its 1 ill reinstall back on ssd with my new found space.

if its 2 ill get a bigger hard drive.
    HM Sync does not backup/sync the notecaddy notes. Whether you import hands to your new database from HM Sync or the HM2Archive folder the notes will only be created if that option is enabled in the HUD Settings > HUD Designer.

Cheers Foz. First tip worked a treat.

PGAdmin > Servers > PostgreSQL > Databases > Database Name > Schemas > public > Tables > notecaddy_data > right-click > delete/drop

Freed up 40 gig straight away. I tried this last night and couldn't get it to work! I had a few to many beers because i couldnt play the tables and my brain didnt work to good

Top man.

Ta

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.