Maximum number of HUD elements - 256 - what to do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Maximum number of HUD elements - 256 - what to do?

Hi,

I just tried to add another element to my HUD, but was given an error message to the effect of 256 items being the maximum I can have in the HUD.

The reason I have so many elements is because I have included a lot of metrics which are not displayed in the HUD, but have colour coding that is used in the popups. The ability to do this to have colour coded popups is very powerful and I don't know of another way of doing this.

Is there any hope of having this hard limit increased beyond 256 or is this the end of my HUD development... :-/

Thanks

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done until we implement this feature request. I just bumped it with our tech support manager to try and help it gain some traction. It isn't a wildly popular request but it has been an open request for quite some time and I agree it is something we should try to implement for customers like you that want to color code popup stats without having to use the HUD Designer and hit the 256 limit.

HM-4770 - Feature: color any stat in popup regardless of stat color properties in HUD Options

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Ok, thank you, appreciate it!

Our tech support manager in charge of scheduling tickets for the developers has sent this to the developers to see how much work it might be so he can try to determine when/if he can work it in to the schedule.

Ok that's great, fingers crossed then, ty

No news regarding the maxim value for HUD ? In HU games i ts a must.
    Thank you !

One of the developers recently started working on the ticket for color coding stats in the popup but development was put on hold for other more time sensitive projects. I wouldn't expect development to resume on HM-4770 again until after the new year.

There is no plan to increase the 256 element limit but allowing the popup stats to be colored would effectively allow most people with this problem to have more HUD stats since most are hitting the limit because they are coloring stats for the popup that they don't want to see in the HUDs.

No news ? I buyed CoffeeHUD + NoteCaddy for HU SNG and is not possible to add new stats, badges, etc.

Nothing has changed since I answered your question 17 days ago. There are no plans to increase the 256 character limit. You or CoffeeHUD will need to come up with a better way to display the information you need within the 256 element limit.

Ok ! Thank you for answer. Is possible to add badges, stats, editing HUD.xml ?